• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script: Caruban's Dynamic Darkness [v21] (v1.2.0)

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Caruban's Dynamic Darkness
    DynamicDarkness.gif
    Overview:
    I made this plugin after seeing NuriYuri's DynamicLight (PSDK). With this plugin, you can make dark maps more lively with a light source that you can control freely. One example of this kind of darkness is Ecruteak's Gym in HGSS, Dewford's Gym in RSE, and Hearthome's Gym in Platinum.

DOWNLOAD LINK (v1.2.0)

How to install the script:
    • Download and Extract the file
    • Move it to your plugin folder inside the main game directory.
    • Compile your game (press CTRL while booting your game in debug mode)
    Settings:
    In the plugin Settings section, you may edit several variables.
    Below is a list of the settings.
    Spoiler:

Script Commands
    There are several script commands that you can use to control the darkness.
    Below is a list of script commands.
    Spoiler:

Event Behaviours
    These are several pieces of text that can be put into the event's name,
    which will cause those events to have particular behaviours.
    Below is a list of those texts and behaviours.
    • "glowalways"
      An event with this text in its name will always become a light source.
      Spoiler: Example "glowalways"
    • "glowswitch(X)"
      An event with this text in its name will become a light source if the switch is ON. If there is a "glowswitchreverse" in its name, it will become a light source if the switch is OFF instead. The "X" is the game variable ID (1 - xxx) or the event's self switch (A, B, C, or D).
      Spoiler: Example "glowswitch(X)"
    • "glowsize(X)"
      An event with this text in its name will become a light source with a radius of "X" pixels. This is also treated as "glowalways" if there is no "glowswitch(X)" in its name.
      Spoiler: Example "glowsize(X)"
    • "glowstatic"
      An event with this text in its name will become a static light source. This is also treated as "glowalways" if there is no "glowswitch(X)" in its name.
      Spoiler: Example "glowstatic"
    • "flashlight" or "flashlight(X)"
      An event with this text in its name will use a flashlight. The "X" is the distance of the flashlight (max. FLASHLIGHT_MAX_DIST).
      Spoiler: Example "flashlight" or "flashlight(X)"
    Limitations
    This plugin has several limitations that make it work properly.
    • It only work on dark maps. You can check it on your map metadata PBS file.
    • It doesn't support connected maps.
    • It doesn't support colored light source.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Really awesome
    I found this plugin on psdk and i wanted to have something like that for essentials
    Thanks

Years
  • Just the thing I needed for my game.

A little question, is there a way to use glowswitch(X) but with a switch unactive? For example, I put the glow over an itemball, but I want it gone once you pick it up.

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Just the thing I needed for my game.

A little question, is there a way to use glowswitch(X) but with a switch unactive? For example, I put the glow over an itemball, but I want it gone once you pick it up.
    I just updated the script and now it supports an event that glows if the switch is OFF, by adding "glowswitchreverse" to its name.

Back