• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Cascade.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
(I'll CSS this later.)

Hello everyone! I'm Omicron and I'll display some of the things I've done here. I'm more of a crafts person, but I'm trying to get into drawing and pixel art, so hopefully you'll see something of that in the future. Also, a lot of my work is Homestuck related, so a lot of you may not understand what it is but I still hope you enjoy it!.

Now, to my work.

A Foam SORD I made a couple of months ago:
Spoiler:

This is a dog I made I 2 years ago with modeling clay. Time hasn't done it any good and the surface is now a little bumpy and weird. I still think it looks good, though, so I'll display it!

Spoiler:

And the most recent of my works, a real life fluorite octet for my best friend. Granted, I did not (nor can) make the fluorite, but rather the presentation. I made a wooden box, painted and treated it so it looked old, made a plaque with Mindfang's symbol on it and a velvet cushion for the stones to rest in. Here it is! :

Spoiler:

Same as with the dog, it's old clay. I finished this around 8 months ago. It is extremely bumpy and I might try to sand it later, but I consider it finished right now. Also, thi lighting isn't very good and I'm not very happy with the right side of the lips, but oh well.

Spoiler:

I hope you like my work and to upload more stuff when I get it done. ^_^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • she / they
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
T..That SORD..

Omi, I'm not kidding, you can make money off of those things. Like I would seriously pay cash for a foam SORD replica, and I guarantee I'm not the only person. Lmfao, it's absolutely perfect and just as hideous as I remember it being. And the work you put into the fluorite octet is nothing short of incredible.

Your dog model looks like a Doberman! Was it inspired by any pets of yours? :)

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
T..That SORD..

Omi, I'm not kidding, you can make money off of those things. Like I would seriously pay cash for a foam SORD replica, and I guarantee I'm not the only person. Lmfao, it's absolutely perfect and just as hideous as I remember it being. And the work you put into the fluorite octet is nothing short of incredible.

Your dog model looks like a Doberman! Was it inspired by any pets of yours? :)

I wanted to make an Akita at first, but as I worked on it, it started to look like a Doberman, so I went to a friend's house and based it of off her Doberman! I'm glad you could recognize it!

Just making the SORDs should make me some grist profit, hehe. (I might actually consider opening an Etsy shop, thanks for the idea!)

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
Always find it interesting when someone posts something different in here! I really admire your crafting skills, they are actually pretty amazing! Coming from someone who can't do much in terms of hand industrial design or craft based to save myself, I really admire your work!

I'm no Homestuck person, but your Sord is really awesome and the wooden box is incredibly gorgeous! Also really admiring your modelling skills with your Doberman model - even with the bumpy weird surface, looks like a professionally made sculpture to be placed in a museum or something xD

Even if you're planning to post any drawings and pixel art, I really do hope you post more of your craft work!

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
Years
Your sculpture work looks very nice, and I'm particularly in love with the dog statue you did. XD What kind of clay is it made out of? I was in a huge sculpting craze throughout college, and I've found that a mix of different Sculpey clays works pretty nice. Also, to help with the bumpy surface, a bit of sanding usually does the trick! ;)

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
I hadn't checked this thread in quite a while!

Always find it interesting when someone posts something different in here! I really admire your crafting skills, they are actually pretty amazing! Coming from someone who can't do much in terms of hand industrial design or craft based to save myself, I really admire your work!

I'm no Homestuck person, but your Sord is really awesome and the wooden box is incredibly gorgeous! Also really admiring your modelling skills with your Doberman model - even with the bumpy weird surface, looks like a professionally made sculpture to be placed in a museum or something xD

Even if you're planning to post any drawings and pixel art, I really do hope you post more of your craft work!

Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it.! I'm really flattered. I worked hard on all of that so it is very rewarding seeing people like it. ^_^

Your sculpture work looks very nice, and I'm particularly in love with the dog statue you did. XD What kind of clay is it made out of? I was in a huge sculpting craze throughout college, and I've found that a mix of different Sculpey clays works pretty nice. Also, to help with the bumpy surface, a bit of sanding usually does the trick! ;)
Thanks! :D

I actually used some Premo clay! It was old, though, so I'm guessing it possibly had something to do with that. I'm not sure how long of a shelf life it has.

I'll try sanding it, thank you very much for the tip!

Anyways, I've been working on some things and I'll post them here as soon as I finish them, hehehe.

EDIT: Actually, I'll add something right now.

Same as with the dog, it's old clay. I finished this around 8 months ago. It is extremely bumpy and I might try to sand it later, but I consider it finished right now. Also, thi lighting isn't very good and I'm not very happy with the right side of the lips, but oh well.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Back