• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Casual COmpetitions

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    Hey, I am just curious how one can get involved in a more casual online experience. I am not hardcore but want to keep having fun just playing and raising Pokemon I like. Are there specific groups or pages where someone could get in on this type of battling?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Well, 'casual competition' is kind of an oxymoron because those two words are inherently contradictory. As long as you don't have any commitment to rankings or winning you are automatically casual. This makes this question a bit difficult because without commitment there is no drive to give you a more elaborate answer than "do what you want".

You seem like the type collector type of player; someone who enjoys breeding and training Pokemon for perfect IVs, EVs and optimal movesets for lulz in spite of their actual battle capabilities (shiny, perfect Phione is one of the extreme examples). In that case you probably want to commute between in-game and competitive forums but it would be easier to just ask a question. We will find out where it belongs.
    Our second guess: You are just a competitive player who wants to use a certain Pokemon. In that case you are already in the correct subforum. Just ask.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2014
    Well by casual I am referring to not being interested in statistics or perfect teams. Its more of an interest in battling online but in a structured way.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Well, if you need people to help you out then it is probably more appropiate to expect answers from a competitive point of view. Mildly competitive experiences are usually on the bottom or the lower half of the ladders. Don't worry, should you be on the verge of exceeding the noob gate, the ladder will quickly put you to the right place when you lose. We don't mean it in a condescending way; it just means that you have no obligation to care that much. Just play the way you are comfortable with and ask for advice when you are not quite satisfied.

Back