• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen cell-phone reception in Unova

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • if you were in Unova with a cell-phone, based on city size, design and population what cities would you get good signal in, what cities would be dead zones, and what cities would get roaming

here is my idea..

Nuvema Town would get 0 bars
    Nimbasa City would be perfect signal
    Opelucid City (Black) would be perfect signal
    Opelucid City (White) would be roaming

that is all I have... you probably have ideas for the other cities too, but I only posted those cities... go ahead a post all the cities if yopu want

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I'd imagine that Castelia would get the best reception, considering that it's a major city (especially when thinking about business).
    Next up would be Nimbasa and possibly Black City and Mistralton.

I'd imagine that the Village Bridge would have little or no signal.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    I'd imagine that Castelia would get the best reception, considering that it's a major city (especially when thinking about business).
    Next up would be Nimbasa and possibly Black City and Mistralton.

I'd imagine that the Village Bridge would have little or no signal.

I agree with you about Castelia. I think the worst would be Lacunosa or Icirrus. I disagree with Justin about Nuvema and Opelucid (White). Besides Nuvema is in the countryside and Opelucid have the ancient architecture, I think it would have a perfect signal. Opelucid still have good technology and in Nuvema live the Junipers.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Nuvema - roaming. It's quaintness is too quaint to ignore.
    Accumula - 1 bar. It's at the edge of the range of signal given in from Castelia and Nimbasa.
    Striaton - 2 bars. Nearing Castelia.
    Nacrene - 3 bars. Again, nearing Castelia, getting stronger.
    Castelia - perfect service
    Nimbasa - perfect service
    Drifveil - 2 bars. Something about it seems like it's too far away from Nimbasa to have 3 bars because of the bridge.
    Mistralton - 3 bars. Dunno why, really. Just seems most suitable.
    Icirrus - 1 bar. The environment doesn't seem like if it had phone service that there'd be any reason to suspect good service.
    Opelucid - no service in white, perfect in black
    Pokémon League - no service at all for trainers. You can only get service inside the Pokémon Center.
    Lacunosa - 1 bar. Doesn't seem to be the type that would have much phone service.
    Undella - 4 bars. No reason.
    Black City - perfect service, for obvious reasons.
    White Forest - no service, for obvious reasons.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Mistralton - 3 bars. Dunno why, really. Just seems most suitable.

Well, with the planes nearby I'd kinda figure it'd have less service than the rest, or almost none because of the fact you're not meant to use electronics around planes or something like that. :x

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Well...,

Most airports have wifi available, and all of them tend to have decent cellphone reception (at least for when I flew and with the carrier I had at the time). You only need to turn off the electronics during takeoff and at landing, because of the RFI which may interfere with aircraft ground-control communications. I don't think anything outside the aircraft really affects it, though, but I could be wrong.

Chargestone Cave is also around it, which would probably emit some exposure to the reception and amplify it. Otherwise, it could be lower than a 3 if Chargestone Cave wasn't so close.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Oh well I haven't used a plane, but in-game it does say to turn off the C-Gear near planes, so that could be a sign in-game (although it applies to reality), why else do we just happen to have planes in Unova?!

Also imo, wouldn't the excess electricity actually be a bad thing? I dunno, I wouldn't use a phone in actual thunder/lightning, and I'd assume that Chargestone Cave is somewhat like a field of thunder/lightning.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm not sure. I was tempted adding something about the possibility of lowering the amount of bars as well, but... eh. It can go either way, because in the anime, people use electric type Pokémon to power things up. I just figured that the access of electricity will help power the coverage area for the cellphone towers that would inevitably have to be near by regardless. 3 just seemed like the most appropriate number because of everything around it, and it's pretty average / common / a nice medium number.

Back