• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cerulean Cave, Safari Zone, and other Unaccessible Places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy Haruka

Johto Fangirl!~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2009
    GSC blocked off many cool Kanto places because of the Gameboy cartridges' low memory storage space... but with the newer, more advanced DS cartridges, do you think they will open places like the Cerulean Cave and Cinnabar/Seafoam Islands again?

It would be cool if we had two Elite Four's, too. xD

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    I really hope so. It makes for longer, fun gameplay and the more full experience. It seemed kind of empty feeling going to Kanto in G/S/C however, I still enjoyed it. If they had more, I really hope they open the Saffari Zone and possibly have two elite fours. Another big thing I'd love is for another TR showdown in the Kanto maybe in Saffaron City. Possibly a second attempt to take over the big office building. I know it is unlikely but it would be awesome.

Years
    I have heard that all of them will be in it.

I have heard that Cinnabar and the Safari Zone have been refurbished.

I have heard that there is a new Battle Frontier.

And I have heard that Mewtwo, the Legendary Birds, Mew, and Deoxys are all obtainable now.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011

And I have heard that Mewtwo, the Legendary Birds, Mew, and Deoxys are all obtainable now.
    You speak lies!
    Why would they put in a new Battle Frontier Deoxys and MEW

Sacrifar

ITS GONNA EAT YOU!!!!!
    Years
    i read about it at Serebii.net and it said that the special notched ear pichu from movie 12 about arceus will be in the remake!

Shem

Bored...
    Years

The game was ANNOUNCED in Japan what? 2 weeks ago? How would you know that? How would anyone know that? Nobody has even played a demo yet! Stop trying to spread rumors and if you did actually hear that, well, gullible is written on the ceiling...

Anyway, I don't think there could be any problems with expanding the region(s), unless they add some sub-plot where a group of evil doers attempt to destroy earth, that would bum me out...

Maybe those areas will have some pokemon from gen 3 and 4 in them? Maybe the safari zone will be importing pokemon from other regions. that would be cool!

Years
    It would be cool if we had two Elite Four's, too. xD
    What? This doesn't make any sense. You know, G/S/C's Elite Four IS Kanto's Elite Four.

List of stuff I'd like to see in Kanto:
    • Viridian Forest on its own page, and with full size
    • Pewter Museum open, with the fossil guys here
    • A complete Mt. Moon redesign, different from FR/LG but equally huge. Clefairy Square somewhere in the middle with a much needed Pokécenter
    • Cerulean/Fuschia City with the correct music
    • Bill's Secret Garden (lol)
    • Chick in Bill's Lighthouse can give you a complete set of evolution stones everyday. Show her one of these and you'll get: Flareon: Fire Stone, Jolteon: Thunderstone, Vaporeon: Water Stone, Espeon: Sun Stone, Umbreon: Moon Stone, Leafeon: Leaf Stone, Glaceon: uhmm, Shiny Stone?
    • Some sort of easter egg when you open your Coin Case after talking to the Machop in Vermilion :P
    • Actual trainers in the Rock Tunnel. Maybe also a plot.
    • The Kanto Radio Tower has been taken over by Ghosts, and you must defeat them before being given the radio upgrade. Naturally, this means the whole Kanto Radio Tower is open.
    • Safari Zone open, and filled with "a new selection of rare Pokémon from other regions!" Namely, a variety of Hoenn and Sinnoh lines.
    • Seafoam Islands open and redesigned. Blaine would be somewhere in the back, with a ferociously strong team, and you'd need to make it to him before battling!
    • Cinnibar Volcano has an open cave in it. You can go inside (and find wild Slugma, Magmar, Koffing, ...) and explore. Eventually you reach a collapsed section of the Pokémon Mansion's basement which had been spared by the lava. The floor is collapsed in a part, revealing another basement level which wasn't there in FR/LG! Inside, you find more Mew journals, revealing the rest of Mewtwo's backstory, and an item which unlocks the Cerulean Cave. Berserk Gene reference?
    • Cerulean Cave reopens pending the above criteria. It's undergone a complete redesign (as it has in every Pokémon version), and Mewtwo is found at the end. (Recall, Red doesn't have one on his "ultimate" team.)
    • Elite Four Second Wave, as in FR/LG. The occasional appearance of Hoenn and Sinnoh lines in their new roster. (eg. Lance would hang onto one of his Dragonites but replace the other two with a Salamence and a Garchomp.)
    • Uhmm, Green is Prof. Oak's new aide?

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    I hope that the closed areas are open again, i hope Safari Zone gets some changes from the FR/LG one, such as only one limit (either Safari Ball limit OR Time Limit, but not both), section used as a Pal Park type area, four other sections (one for each region), i also hope that all the Kanto Legendarys are catchable or at least Mewtwo and Mew.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    ^^ wow, Metal Mario, all of that in Kanto would be amazing!!!! ^^

It would be nice if Game Freak and the Pokemon Company would look at forums like this and get ideas for the game... maybe they do....?

I really like the idea about the cave inside the volcano and finding information about mew and mewtwo :D

Years
    This sounds kind of stupid...But do you think they could put a Contest Hall in? I mean, Ash said May went to Johto to compete in more contests. Does that mean that there are contest halls in every region now?

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011

Proof or GTFO. You're not being taken seriously.

i read about it at Serebii.net and it said that the special notched ear pichu from movie 12 about arceus will be in the remake!

...Those are places?

This sounds kind of stupid...But do you think they could put a Contest Hall in? I mean, Ash said May went to Johto to compete in more contests. Does that mean that there are contest halls in every region now?

Makes sense. Although, If contest halls are implemented it will in no way have anything to do with the anime, but instead that contests have become a staple enough part of the franchise. If they don't include them, how will Feebas evolve? It would be pointless to have Poffins (or something of the like) if their only purpose is to evolve one pokemon.

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
    i wonder if theyll put the berserk gene in the game again (if they dont let you in cerulean cave). I mean i know that they revamped all the items and everything, but that was a sick item (in my mind at least)

Years
    No, no they didn't remove places because of memory restrictions. There's nothing in the actual game's code that suggests that.

Just here to disprove the whole memory rumor.
    Pardon me, but the Japanese Gold version ROM has only 8 kilobytes of trailing zeroes. (unused space) They would have needed to have paid for a larger ROM (16 Mbit instead of 8) if they wanted to add anything extra.

(This is what they did for the US release, but they aren't going to add any significant extra features for a translation.)

There was a Safari Zone page in there, but it was disgracefully small, so I suppose they thought it would be better to leave it out.

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Maybe the safari zone will become a pal-park! I liked it better without the safari zone anyway =P

Not likely, considering the reason I'm thinking they've made this game is because the DSi ditched the whole GBA slot thing.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    Yes, they will most likely add in the stuff that was left out, it makes sense.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back