• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Chaining is hard (?)

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2014
    Hi there. I've been trying to chain my shiny Skiddo in levenders near route 6/7 (?) and i found it very hard. At most i get to chain at 20, 23 is my best then it broke and srsly i don't know why because im 99% sure i was going for the right type of shaking grass. What's the problem? Is even reseting pokeradar at chain 20 to get shiny patch of grass reasonable or should i aim for 40 chain first (seems kind of impossible to me) or should i reset pokeradar at 20 or 25?
    And second: what about ocassionaly speedy music? I heard it's much better chance for shiny patch of grass so ppl on youtube etc. keep reseting pokeradar during this music as long as it keep going no matter how high is their chain.

And at last, please give me some tips to finally after whole week of fail chaining get at least one shiny pokemon on my own cause its frustrating as hell when my chain break at 15 or so :(

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2014
    I believe there are certain tiles where you should never go to, as it will break your chain, there's a guide on this, just look it up on google
    There's a 1 in 200 chance at best at a chain of 40, so anything lower than that seems very impractical.
    Chaining is really difficult, so just keep trying and hope you get to 40.
    The music occurs at random, and it does increase the chance a lot, so just hope for it...

Back