• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenges in other games?

Gliese

I Drink Nozz-A-La
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2013
    So, who else here has done their own challenges in other games besides Pokemon? If so, what games did you do, and what was the challenge?

So far I've only managed to come up with challenges in Paradox Interactive rts games.

My most recent in Victoria II was to turn the US into a dictatorship, and before that to turn Japan into a democracy and eliminate slavery.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    I love me some challenges so I'll just list what I've done by game.

Spoiler:

I'll add more in a bit but I have to do something now

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    The only challenges I've done so far is the 'no powerup challenge' when playing Super Mario Games, and the challenge on where you don`t pick up any heart containers from Legend of Zelda. I'm looking for some Fire Emblem challenges now. :]

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I've done a few, though they were mostly self-imposed challenges.

Persona 4 Golden:
    Izanagi-Only Run

Dragon's Dogma:
    No Shield Run

Virtue's Last Reward:
    No Guide Run

...Okay, the VLR one isn't really a challenge, but you'd be hard pressed to get through it that way -.-

I have a lot of fun in Action/RPGs restricting myself and making the game more dependent on skill. It's not really a matter of elitism or seeing how good you are, but it's fun to create a conflict and to slowly overcome it, especially when the games make combat seamless and fair. A lot of time these challenges are subconscious for me and I just do them when I feel like it, so I can't actually list them. I mean, there probably IS more than what I listed, but I can't really remember, I'll probably add more if I do, though.

Back