• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Challenges

burnthechavs

The best at being the worst...
    Years
    Hi, i'd like someone to set me some challenges for the metal and colour games (since i havent played my r/s/e/fr/lg yet, cos theyre at my mums), because iv ran out of things to do

just post what game and the conditions (time limit, pokemon to use, etc)

Keruri

Espeon Lover
    Years
    ok, how about this; in G/S/C, start with chicorita, and only use grass pokemon in your team. you can use HM slaves if you need, but your regular team has to be all grass. You could also do this starting with cyndaquill and an all fire team, or start with totodile and an all water team. But chicorita would be the hardest I think, if your looking for a real challenge.

next chalange, you could use only your starter and no other pokemon in battle. No exeptions; if it faints you have to run, etc.
    Im doing a challenge now that my party pokemon all have to be eevees and their evolutions.
    theres so many more; I think the cave of the dragonflies has a list of challenges.

Years
    You could start the game again and go through it without evolving anything or if you don't want to start again make a team of killer chancys (or any other weak or unusual pokemon) and get them all to lv 100

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
    Giovanni's Mewtwo said:
    You could start the game again and go through it without evolving anything or if you don't want to start again make a team of killer chancys (or any other weak or unusual pokemon) and get them all to lv 100
    That's a cool challenge, no evo. Another challenge- Get your Pokemon to beat the game and get the nat. dex( if that exist for S/G/C)

Keruri

Espeon Lover
    Years
    there is no national pokedex; its just "the pokedex" in G/S/C. any ways....

Lots of people do the whole, "train my pokemon to lvl 100 before the 1st gym leader" , but really its almost just as chalenging to not train your pokemon at all. Only fight the battles you have to fight to proceed, but besides that, avoid all trainers that you can. Then you will have to start winning the gym battles on strategy alone.

Back