• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Champion

Status
Not open for further replies.

shot571

I'd like them to actually do something when you become champion. When you battle other trainers they should be surprised about being challenged by the champion. When you talk to people they should also be surprised.Not as if it was some big dream with no purpose. Maybe even start walking around in a suit. I dunoo why. I've always hated the fact that once your champion nobody knows. Also maybe a proper story after the champion.

What do you think they should do?

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Yeah. Since after the Pokemon League challenge you usually go to a new place (Sevii Islands (FR/LG), Kanto (G/S/C/HG/SS), Hoenn Battle Frontier (R/S/E), Sinnoh Islands (D/P/Pt)). So I think this time when you defeat the Pokemon League they notice you're the champion. Because I hated the fact in D/P/Pt that Buck doesn't even know/care you're champion <.<

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Well they have already sprung up surprises with the champions (remember Wally?) Cynthia and Lance really didn't have that much of a back story to them, but we did learn a lot about them throughout the game (well in Cynthia's case). I think them having some mysterious aroma around them makes them more interesting. Still, the Isshu region champ could be apart of the evil team. This was discussed in another thread actually. The original elite four could be ousted by said evil team and they put their own powerful people in, and the champion is replaced to. You go to pokemon league and beat the champion who really isn't the champion, and later on after some confusion, revelations, more battles against evil team, and so on you face the real elite four+champion.

Rehanlarc

Rehanlarc
    Years
  • Well they have already sprung up surprises with the champions (remember Wally?) Cynthia and Lance really didn't have that much of a back story to them, but we did learn a lot about them throughout the game (well in Cynthia's case). I think them having some mysterious aroma around them makes them more interesting. Still, the Isshu region champ could be apart of the evil team. This was discussed in another thread actually. The original elite four could be ousted by said evil team and they put their own powerful people in, and the champion is replaced to. You go to pokemon league and beat the champion who really isn't the champion, and later on after some confusion, revelations, more battles against evil team, and so on you face the real elite four+champion.

Wow that is cool I would love to go through that, just what about in HG/SS your pokemon don't need to be that high, maybe level 45s to beat the first elite four then higher for the second... would that happen here

umbreon_4_life

aka Commander Mars
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2012
    I totally agree with you on that. I think that once you defeat the champion, you should have a choice of whether or not you want to battle other trainers. You know, like stand in the room and wait for trainers to come? I think that'd be really cool.

enderalex

Breeder/Trader :)
    Years
  • I want the story to really get good after you become the champion mainly because i think it'll make for a longer game and i want a longer game :p

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • They could have a post-credits scene of you renouncing your title to travel the world. Then they'd just need to slightly change what the Elite Four say when you rebattle them and it won't seem so weird.

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
  • They should recognize you more once crowned champion, after all, your main goal in the game is to defeat and be titled under that status. Perhaps, like stated above, you could get different reactions out of people around the region; praise, admiration, or even a congrats.
    I remember in Emerald, you had an apprentice at the Battle Frontier. You gave him/her tips, Pokemon recommendations, etc. You could also battle alongside them. They should bring that back to the game.

Story should continue after the main goal is reached, especially regarding you as the new champion. Eh, we'll see. ; )

blazez3212

Person Behind You
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    I would atleast want a good story after you become the champion like doing something different or go to the Orange Islands or something since that did not really have a story

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • Well, in actuality you are not the CHampion, or else you would be forced to spend time in the E4 building and wait for challengers. I've always seen it as you've defeated the champion, but in actuality your character has turned down the option of becoming the new one, choosing to return home instead. Thus, the old champion remains instated, but you have proven that you have the ability to defeat them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • We already have several Elite 4 threads, so please use those to discuss the Champion. They kind of go hand-in-hand. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back