• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing Encounters for Day/Night

Datriot

Tachikama!!!
    Years
    Ermm...keep in mind that you need some sort of switch-based Day/Night system for this and have a switch when it turns Morning, Day, Night.
    So, anyway, let's get started!

1)Make as many switches for times of day you want, just name them stuff like Day, Morning, Evening, Night, etc. (Just remember to activate them somewhere in your script)
    2)Then, go onto the map you would like to have Night Encounters on(we'll use night as an example)
    3)Make a Parallel Proccess Event, and put your night switch as a trigger.
    4)Now on that event select the command "Call RGSS Script"
    5)And then put:
    Code:
    $game_map.encounter_list = [id]
    Put the ID of the monster groups inside the bracket, e.g. LV 3 Rattata in Monster Groups is ID: 1 in the database, and if you want Rattata there in the night, put 1 in the brackets.

Well, that concludes my short and simple tutorial, I hope this is helpful to people, it's my first tutorial and I'm not so good at explaining stuff....so, if you don't understand something or need some help just ask!
    SCREENSHOTS COMING SOON

Last edited:
    Back