• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Changing single Tiles of a map

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2014
    Hey

is it somehow possible to change some tiles on the map via a script without changing the tileset (cause this would be a mess)?

Like: ChangeTile(mapID, X, Y, blockID) or simmilar.

(even if i dont know how to referr to a tile in the tileset since there is no id or place shown...

Has anybody an idea how to do this?

(sry for the poor English, I'm german)

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    So you'd like to change a green patch of grass for a brown patch of grass? for example.
    Or you looking to change a building from a little house to a large house?
    Because what you're asking is vague.
    Either way, I'd suggest editing the tile set itself and adding the "thing" you'd like to change then just make an event with that tiles graphic, use switches to change it herein.
    I've not heard of a ChangeTile script or equivalent.

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    i have a berry tree in my game which consists of 2 tiles. -> 2 scripts to be precise.
    with an interract for the berry's to be plucked and
    pbSetSelfSwitch(193,"A",true)
    basicly this line sets switch a on for event 193 and the current event.
    and then i put diffrent graphics on each event tab (one with the berries and one without on the page with the swich "a")

english is not my native language, i hope the above makes sence to you.

Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2014
    So you'd like to change a green patch of grass for a brown patch of grass? for example.
    Or you looking to change a building from a little house to a large house?
    Because what you're asking is vague.
    Either way, I'd suggest editing the tile set itself and adding the "thing" you'd like to change then just make an event with that tiles graphic, use switches to change it herein.
    I've not heard of a ChangeTile script or equivalent.

Thanks a lot. With your help i figgured it out:

just add an event at the position you want the change happen. Then you click on the graphic, choose (Tileset) and trigger it with a switch. It will be there when switch is on. Moving Permissions are Non Passable if the event is "ON"

Back