• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] Changing the Number of Border Tiles

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
Years
  • I figure I should start a thread for this in case it turns out not to be a "quick question & answer".

Open FireRed in AdvanceMap. Then, check out Pallet Town, and you see that the border tiles are a 2x2 array, because that's the size of the trees there.

Meanwhile, in Viridian Forest, the border tiles are a 3x2 array. Two rows, but three colums.

Say you have a custom tile set you want to import into the game, but the trees are kind of wide-ish. You think certain towns would be better off with a 3x2 array of border tiles.
    Is there a way to feasibly do this?

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • I figure I should start a thread for this in case it turns out not to be a "quick question & answer".

Open FireRed in AdvanceMap. Then, check out Pallet Town, and you see that the border tiles are a 2x2 array, because that's the size of the trees there.

Meanwhile, in Viridian Forest, the border tiles are a 3x2 array. Two rows, but three colums.

Say you have a custom tile set you want to import into the game, but the trees are kind of wide-ish. You think certain towns would be better off with a 3x2 array of border tiles.
    Is there a way to feasibly do this?

click on header in a-map, then ctrl+h, then scroll down to map data, and change the border width or height :)

Back