• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Changing time is bad?

Dispiacere

The Shama Llama
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 3, 2011
    if you wanted to fool time and fight the poke you got with tree honey, how do you do that? I tried and it doesn't work, I also took the pack out of the DS, and it didn't work

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    if you wanted to fool time and fight the poke you got with tree honey, how do you do that? I tried and it doesn't work, I also took the pack out of the DS, and it didn't work

...lawl, taking the pack out of the DS doesn't make any difference whatsoever.

Prince Roserade

De LichtBloem
    Years
    Bottom line is, people, everyone plays by their rules, and time-changing isn't a crime. It doesn't say "Don't ever change the time!" anywhere on the DS instructions or the Pokemon manual thing. My question was whether it would severely affect my gameplay (as in, the consequences of doing it) not whether you thought it was a good idea (as in, your opinion).

So in conclusion, it doesn't affect my gameplay, thus I'll keep doing it. It doesn't fit my definition of cheating. "Work smarter, not harder", as someone once said to me.

Posted by ShinyUmbreon:
    You mean you don't have 5 minutes to catch a Misdreavus in any part of the week? If so, how can you play Pokémon?

You mean catching Misdreavus takes 5 minutes? Either you're lucky or you actually haven't tried. It takes 5 Pokeballs on average (with low HP + paralysis) to get one to go into the ball. And I have to catch multiple at once, then I pick out the one with best nature. So your 5 minutes is more like an hour for me.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2007
    I changed my time the day after I got it because I went away for vacation, and I wanted the game's time to be the same as the time zone I was in.

Bonez

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I don't change my time. I just leave it how it is. The only thing I've heard about changing the time is that it might mess with the berries in a few ways. That's about it. And um... Berries aren't all that important unless you're trying to make 1,000,000 poffins.

Years
    Well i have changed the time once to get a drifloon, i dont care about changing the time, whenever im done what im doing i always change it back. I tried to change time to get berries or get pokemon faster on the honey trees, iv baught over 100 honeys and i still havent found a munchlax, but changing the time for it doent make it appear faster.

What im thinking is the events (Like pal park, berries, ect) have thier own personal clock inside them, so you can't cheat even by changing the time. I don't know if im wrong, or i just havent set my clock forward enough, but it doesnt screw up your game if you do change the time. I meen there is day light savings and crap like that..eventually you would have to change it.

Back