• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Changing type class (physical to special) in Pokémon Ruby

Majarath

ROM-hacker
Years
  • Hello,

I'm hacking Pokémon Ruby (just as it is, without the physical/special split) and I need to change the type class of the Steel type to special instead of physical. I was wondering how to do this? I suppose I have to find the type table in the ROM or something, but I don't know the offset, or the structure of the table.

Does somebody know how to do it? I'd appreciate the help a lot :) Thank you!

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    This is actually a really good question!
    If anyone knows how to do this on any of the games, I'd like to know as well.

Majarath

ROM-hacker
    Years
  • WEll using Darthatron's script it'll allow you to have moves separately, but it doesnt change the attacks you have to do it yourself so all you would then need to do is go through and change the steel attacks. PGE's attack editor supports this so I would recommend using that.

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6991390#6991390

I did already look into that research, but apparently there's no bug-free port for Ruby, so I discarded it. Thank you anyway :) My fault for working with an outdated base...

My original question isn't so urgent anymore, because I've changed some game mechanics that make such a change unnecessary. Still, if someone has an answer it would be interesting to know, at least so it's documented here in case somebody else has the same question.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2023
    Apparently there's no bug-free port for Ruby (U). I did all my best .

Back