• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Question] Changing what pokemon are referred to?

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    EDIT: I am using Pokemon Essentials v21.1 for this project
    I am wanting to create my own pokemon-style game, but without the copyright of Pokemon attached to it. I've looked through every script, but I can't find anywhere where Pokemon are referenced in the scripts for the GUI (like, to tell the game to announce you caught a monster instead of a pokemon). Can anyone help with this?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    CTRL SHIFT F to search all script sections.
    Mind that you are not allowed to make commercial projects with Pokemon essentials.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2023
    CTRL SHIFT F to search all script sections.
    Mind that you are not allowed to make commercial projects with Pokemon essentials.
    thank you for your help, and i see. i'll look further, i wasn't thinking commercial yet but it would probably be wise to start from scratch.

Back