• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen chansy/blissly evolve help

Deaths Jaws

Budding Breeder
    Years
    ok im trying to get a blissly from hatching a chansy in Fire Red and then feeding it HP vitamins and battleing it in low level areas (pallet town area i think)

i want him to be as low a level as possable when he evolves so i need some help as ive never evolved someone through happyness in any game (G/S/C/Ru/Sa/Lg/Fr)

anything else that i should try? piggybacking in the elite four sounds good but im unsure about that cos of the levels he/she would gain too quickly and it would ruin my EV training also....come to think about it is there any way of evolving through happyness that doesnt include battling in Fr/Lg at all?

please help me with both of these questions and i will be very greatful

thanks in advance

Jaws....

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2006
    Hey!!!

Well I always make my pokemon happy giving them all the vitamins
    - 10 Hp
    - 9 Protein
    - 8 Iron
    - 8 Carbos
    - 8 Calcium
    - 8 Zinc

And also to make them happy I take them to Gary's Sister (your rival's sister).
    Also I`m not sure where I read that if you take them in your party they will be happier, and also when you record the Pokemon that you want to make it happy (Chansey) in the E4.

I hope I helped you

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2006
    in the E4 everytime i beat a E4 person my chansey would be like:

Huh? chansey is evolving!
    dun-dun-dun-dun
    ...?

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    ugh just give it the things you noe zinc and all that what he other guy said and don't try hard and also i don't think it is a good idea for you to battle with chansey cuse it is not a battling type you no

Deaths Jaws

Budding Breeder
    Years
    yeah i know its not a battling type...im going to use it as a special sponge with 252 Spc Def Ev's and 252 HP ev's and 6 Defence Ev's

im just wanting to know what other people have done with their Chansey to get it to evolve....im thinking now giving it 10 HP Ups and 10 of the Spc Def up's and justleaving it in my team during the elite four (not going to switch her/him out to face anyone...just sit back and enjoy the ride) as for levels im going to trade back to my Ruby and feed it a load of candies till it hits about level 50 or so AFTER it evolves. (ive got loads thanks to my 3 hour Pick Up experdition :) )

thanks all again

Jaws....

shark3019875

dragonair trainer
    Years
    ok here we go nice stragy i think but why just bot use an onix or a rock type i don't get that i just use mine for show i se;; mine for real chase i trade then they give me money

Poke-Master

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Easy Evolving

To evolve Chansey to Blissey MY way, here's how!:
    1. Why not teach it a few good tutor moves or tm's? you don't want normal attacks because of that good-4-nothing attack. :latias:
    2. Use a few rare candies on it. dont use many, ur EV's will b wasted. use them when it's maybe lv 25+ and it hasn't evolved yet. use 2-3 pieces.
    3. give it an item. pokemon love holding items.
    4. use items on it. Especially Potions. chansey has good-4-nothing defense, so potions will be major help here. Alos try PP Ups so you can use attacks more often...
    5. let daisy (garys sis) give her a hair-styling. then check how much it loves u.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    Happiness rating is increased by:
    Levelling up the Pokemon
    Using vitamins
    Keeping them in your party (they don't have to battle, but it's increased by a number of steps)
    Using rare candy
    Beating the Elite Four - getting in the Hall of Fame.
    Winning a contest in Ruby/Sapphire

Happiness is decreased by:
    Letting the Pokemon faint.
    Losing a contest (in Ruby/Sapphire)
    Trading (happiness resets back to the starting level)

Poke-Master

Pokemon Master
    Years
    theres more

hey toothache, there are more ways to increase happiness rating. sorry if i'll repeat it:

A Pokemon's Happiness goes up when:
    1. You battle with it. That's a must.
    2. You give it an item.
    3. You use items (especially vitamins and rarecandies).
    4. Have Daisy groom it.
    5. Keep it in your party (thanks tootache i learned that just now^_^)
    6. put the pkmn in the hall of fame (thanks again toothache)
    7. win a pkmn contest (thanks 4 3rd time toothache :P)
    Side-Note: When you trade your Hall Of Famed FireRed/LeafGreen pokemon to ruby/sapphire you can see the Hall of Fame ribbon ^_^

A Pokemon's Happiness goes down when:
    1. You dont get 1st place in a contest (thats why i always make sure my pokemon gets 1st place)
    2. It faints frequently/for a long time.
    3. Trading. The happiness of a Pokemon that is traded is reset.
    4. It stays in the PC for a long time.

Thats all of it... i guess...

Murpheos

Fists of Flame!
    Years
    i am glad to be of assistance. i used daisy twice, once for zubat after catching it in a luxury ball in mt moon, evolved into crobat later that day, then once again for chansey, it was harder than getting crobat

Dragonfree

Teh Spwriter. :3
    Years
    Umm... if I know correctly, leaving a Pok?mon in the PC doesn't affect its happiness at all.

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
    Years
    yes it does effect its happinies dragonfree.because if you leave it in the pc it fells unwanted.

Back