• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chaos Black gains Chinese illegal awareness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maimi

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2006
    Mr Snrub said:
    If Solar White was sold, I'd get the cops on it.

Those ripping off our hard work!

The cops would laugh at you. I love making hacks, but they are illegal under international copyright law.
    Equate it to a car jacker calling the police when the car he stole gets car jacked.

Years
    Maimi said:
    The cops would laugh at you. I love making hacks, but they are illegal under international copyright law.
    Equate it to a car jacker calling the police when the car he stole gets car jacked.
    Actualy ROM hacks are legal only if there not for profit. What the Chinese are doing are not legal.

kingofgames300g

Trainer in the Shadows
    Years
    Red1530 said:
    Actualy ROM hacks are legal only if there not for profit. What the Chinese are doing are not legal.

Also I believe that if you own the actual game you can have the rom and it is legal.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    kingofgames300g said:
    Also I believe that if you own the actual game you can have the rom and it is legal.
    Depends what nation you're from. The same laws go for music ripping and create software and DVD backups.

The fnny thing is though, I originally heard of this game off P2P software. And that's how I eventually found the hacking section of this site.

Here's something else that has also been occuring in China.

Harry Potter for the NES

hani658

Haniwa Ichaki
    Years
    now i can't hack (but i want to learn) but couldn't you just put your name (alias) in the game and afew messages so people who are playing can see it and maybe report the person who sold it to them.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    It's hard to belive a person is willing to pay $46 (at the time I looked at it) for the game that is being developed and is free here.

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
    hani658 said:
    now i can't hack (but i want to learn) but couldn't you just put your name (alias) in the game and afew messages so people who are playing can see it and maybe report the person who sold it to them.

wow, thats exactly what i was going to do with the cb beta!

asretg

POKéMON Masta
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 7, 2007
    It's actually gotten worser then you think guys here in the netherlands people are selling chaos black on websites and everyone wants the game because they think it's made by nintendo but it's not released in europe yet, those guys who are selling those roms make really much money of you're work :\

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2006
    I never thought that i would come that far with hacks..
    Mybee someday i will see my hack selling in our shops :P

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
    It just happened, that my freinds bought some hacks which I find here as gameboy cassets!
    They went to the shop and bought Chaos Black and Quartz. This is indeed illegal but not that ROM hacking is legal, one cant do anything for the creator isnt even credited!

Its not only china guys, it reached India day before yesterday, indeed its someone here for my freind bought quartz tooo!
    We need to put something against Piracy in the hacks so they cant steel!
    And the guys steeling may not even know they are not original!!! - Bye Bye Pirated cartridges

Last edited by a moderator:

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2010
    So sweetie, you'll get the cops to arrest the Chinese piraters for pirating your hack, despite the fact ROMs are illegal. IRONY! XD
    Um... I hate to correct a mod but ROM's arn't illegal if you own the game. When I realese my hack i'm gonna change the bit at the start so it says not for sale and release box art which will have not to be sold prited all over it, we have to do something to stop this!
    EDIT: Just a throught but you can ask questions on ebay so why dont poeple with membership ask questions like THIS IS ILLEGAL AND YOU WILL GO TO JAIL IF YOU ARE FOUND WITH IT! YOU CAN DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE HERE : [LINK]

insectduel

ROM-Hacker, YouTube content creator
    Years
    I'm sorry I haven't shown up in the board for a VERY LONG Time and I've finally saw what happened in the Chinese Pirates.

1] I hope the Chinese Pirates can make Super Demo World The Legend Continues for the Super NES. I've always want to play it.

2] What they do to Pokemon ROM hacks is VERY BAD. I don't know how they do it but let's hope it's not on the live action news. I had many DISCLAIMERS on my webpage and some of my ROM hacks as well. Man, I've felt sorry for all Pokemon ROM hackers in the community but we should all stop this madness as a team. This is our privacy on our whole lives.

cybernin

Come on, come and kill me Kira
    Years
    Its disgusting how low they will sink just to make a few extra dollars. I cant belive that they exist! People selling copies of games made by other people made for fun. Blashphemy I say!

FaNtEcH

u keep winning until u lose
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2008
    i saw Pokemon Ice in a store near my house
    This is ridiculous!
    EDIT: it has the same boxart as in Jeremy's hack(the articuno thing)
    and......
    I bought it!!:nervous:

~Alakazam~

Psychic Eye
    Years
    Ice and Chaos Black? This is making me rethink making a ROMHack. Someone's got to talk to PUSA about this, explain the whole situation and get this stopped.

You Bought it?! Well, at least you could play it on your GBA...

Years
    Ice and Chaos Black? This is making me rethink making a ROMHack. Someone's got to talk to PUSA about this, explain the whole situation and get this stopped.

You Bought it?! Well, at least you could play it on your GBA...
    The only people who can put a stop to this is the Chinese government and more then likely they won't help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back