• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character Hate, a PokeSpecial Ranting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    BonzaiMudkip said:
    It's also kinda funny when you put it as Lorelei as just there,it makes me laugh.(Well,she was)

I didn't think about it until recently but yeah, she didn't have much function, compared to overall, which is sad because I enjoyed her braininess. Or at least her appearance of it. I hope her return in the FR/LG gave her more use.

One thing, that bugs me, is the original trio of Rocket agents. I'm not talking about the Elite Triad, the agents trained by them, below the rank. They did a nice job carrying on the evil but they didn't have any personality to them, as if the job matters beyond all else. Which is a pity, considering how the series does a wonderful job on characterization with the Rockets (and improvements with others: Giovanni, and the Elite Triad).

Just feels too much like a shell or husk to me. Sighs.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    Elite Triad?Which one is that?
    The ones in FRLG,or RGB?I'm kinda confused right there.
    HOW CAN YOU HATE SILVER!? HE PAWNS ALL!!!
    How can i hate Silver!?HOW CAN I HATE SILVER!!!!?????I've got my own reasons on hating the red headed boy.And no,he doesin't pawn all.That's just your opinion,not everyone agrees.
    And just because i hate him doesin't mean you need to put me into liking him,cause i'll never,and i mean NEVER,like that red headed boy.

Years
    BonzaiMudkip said:
    Elite Triad?Which one is that?
    The ones in FRLG,or RGB?I'm kinda confused right there.

Oh, I'm sorry, I should have been more specific.

Elite Triad is the dub term for Sabrina/Koga/Surge. I haven't read beyond Viz's cancellation. So I'll always use that term for them.

The trio would be the three I described. Ken, Harry, Ryo, I believe are their names.

The FR/LG, according to Serebii.net are the Beast Warrior Trio. And given their aggression, I wouldn't disprove that.

Silver is okay...just too arrogant for my tastes. Although with recent revelations, I'm supposed to suddenly like him?

Pass.

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    Hmmm.I guess you could put it that way.But i'll just hate silver forever.My head tells me that and i'll stick to it.
    Another thing,does anyone think the Beast Trio look like another trio from a diffrent game?No seriously,cause there body texture and everything look like the X Hunters from MMX2.They look too much like them,except there humans.I'm just saying that cause it's been fraking me out since the day i saw them.(Shudders)

Years
    Y'know, now as I think about it, you're right. The Shuckle one, Oca, isn't the most...human looking. He looks more caveman. Jagura is a cute kid/midget and Storc isn't that feminine looking. It's disconcerting.

It's not the first time the series turned to other games. (Example: anime, Professor. Namba looks a lot like Megaman villain Dr. Wily.)

I enjoy the deviation from the norm but...what happened to finding a female Rocket agent that has Shum or Sabrina's plain but attractive good looks?

At least huzzah for female enpowerment. Even though, truthfully she looks more of a transvestite if anything else. I miss the old designs/art. Sighs.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    Alright here is what I have to say about the Beast Warrior trio. Storc looks like Maxie's son or evil tein. I mean if you look, he looks like Garrara from Naruto crossed with Maxie. Oca, is so scary looking yet he always has that Shuckle lol. Finally, Jagura is like an evil boy form of Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh. I don't like those three, because they are so creepy looking.

Pete

<>PAWN CONTROL 1.0<>
    Years
    I hate Emerald. Man he must die! All he does is go around with Legendaries, but never uses them, and rips off Wes(even though he's not in the manga) by stealing!

Plus Crys is boring, and rubbishy.
    And Gold is a "Hey everybody! Look at me! I'm cool, because I skateboard!" stereotype.
    The only one who can be like that is Bart Simpson.
    Also Blue capturing the legendary birds is wrong.

Years
    Pete said:
    Plus Crys is boring, and rubbishy.

True that her character is kind of plain, can't argue you with that but she is certainly not "rubbishy"...
    And Gold is a "Hey everybody! Look at me! I'm cool, because I skateboard!" stereotype.
    The only one who can be like that is Bart Simpson.

Oh come on. Not really a "stereotype." He is pretty much cool because he has all this equipment and stuff and trying to flirt with girls... often times failing at it. Not to mention his spontaneous tendancies which makes him a pretty interesting character.
    Also Blue capturing the legendary birds is wrong.
    Er... what's wrong with that? You catch the legendary birds in the game and there's nothing wrong with that...

Aside from that... er... Please keep your arguments reasonable, please? I've been seeing stuff like "Emerald sucks because... der... he looks stupid" ... Keep those low and try to be reasonable.

Pro_EV

Freshmen!!!
    Years
    However, while I don't either dislike or like Emerald (I find his ways humorous, yet odd), my sister and I nearly fainted when we saw Archie's picture. Talk about twice as ugly as the game and anime!

At the same time... I don't like anyone on Team Aqua anyways...

My least favorite hero... would probably be... Green.

...I really hope I haven't offended anyone... It's just my opninion!

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2006
    I would say Yellow and Emerald. I don't know why, but there's just that thing about them. Really, Emerald's really peculiar to me, and Yellow's too dang cute.

Years
    I'll say after reading Emerald's bio, I'm turned off. He borrows other characters' Pokemon and just goes happily on his way, using them and doing...what? I don't know what his mission is. Be a Master, co-ordinator? Your guess is as good as mine.

What a waste of a character.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2009
    *twitch* Emerald is NEW. His goal isn't KNOWN YET because he's NEW. Jesus, people, get a clue.

Oblivion Edgegirl Ayu

Rather Boring
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2007
    There are very many main characters that annoy me...
    Hazel isn't one of them. O.o" Emerald is scary, but kinda cute....

BonzaiMudkip

Senior Trainer
    Years
    However, while I don't either dislike or like Emerald (I find his ways humorous, yet odd), my sister and I nearly fainted when we saw Archie's picture. Talk about twice as ugly as the game and anime!

At the same time... I don't like anyone on Team Aqua anyways...

My least favorite hero... would probably be... Green.

...I really hope I haven't offended anyone... It's just my opninion!

Well,Archie does look like a **** pirate,and so does his goonies.
    It's ok if you hate Green,it's how you feel about him that matters.

I would say Yellow and Emerald. I don't know why, but there's just that thing about them. Really, Emerald's really peculiar to me, and Yellow's too dang cute.
    Emerald,Emerald,Emerald,that's all you people bash about,leave the frash meat alone.And about yellow,well,you just hate her.
    I'll say after reading Emerald's bio, I'm turned off. He borrows other characters' Pokemon and just goes happily on his way, using them and doing...what? I don't know what his mission is. Be a Master, co-ordinator? Your guess is as good as mine.

What a waste of a character.
    So,my sister borrows my pokemon when she's stuck,is that a problem?Geez,all i hear is Emerald's stupid or Emerald's hair and yadda yadda yadda!
    *twitch* Emerald is NEW. His goal isn't KNOWN YET because he's NEW. Jesus, people, get a clue.
    Finally someone sees it,thank you.
    There are very many main characters that annoy me...
    Hazel isn't one of them. O.o" Emerald is scary, but kinda cute....
    Well you are right about him being scary a bit,he does wear very long clothes.

All i have to say is,STOP HATING THE NEW MEAT!!!!Sheesh,he's the new guy,trying his best to be......something.You all hate him now cause the way he dress,his hairdo,and he carries toys.So,let the boy be what he wants to be,hey,he's a new guy anyway.

Ilrery Cyciga

Polkafreaku
    Years
    You all keep on forgetting, this is a rant thread.

Defend your characters or the new meat all you like, I won't and can't stop you, but bear in mind that this whole thread is dedicated to people who hates certain characdters.

Oh yes, I hate the new guy (Hairdo that can double as a double-spear, the only gun that exists in the story, and fashion sense that defies logical thinking). Hate me.

Kenta-kun

&#27515;&#31070;
    Years
    Ilrery Cyciga said:
    Oh yes, I hate the new guy (Hairdo that can double as a double-spear, the only gun that exists in the story, and fashion sense that defies logical thinking). Hate me.

Hey now, what's so wrong about the guy carrying around a gun?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back