• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charizard? Flying or Dragon type?

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
    Dragon Pokemon don't necessarily have to be Dragon-types. I mean, think about all the other creatures that have Dragon-type attributes, but don't belong to it. Among the starters, besides Charizard, Sceptile's dragon-like. Also, a lot of ones that are just reptilian, like Arbok and Seviper, could probably be considered dragons too.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    It shouln't be dragon, because it is a starter. Also, it never seemed, to me that it should be any other types than fire and flying.

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2007
    making charizard part dragon at this stage would mess up the power balance between the kanto starters.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    It comes to be as a Flying type more than dragons, buut Fire/Dragon would be an awesome type matchup.

Shiny Charizard is racist.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    If you ask me, it wouldn't be very practical.

yeah, you're right, it wouldn't be very practical, fire/flying is better for a starter, but fire/dragon for a starter isn't the best

Last edited:

Darkjagwar

lollerskates now available
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2014
    either way, Charizard as a Fire/Flying or Fire/Dragon would still have 3 weaknesses. However, if it was Fire/Dragon, it would lose its immunity to ground and be weak against it. if you gave it levitate as Fire/Dragon it would only have 2 weaknesses and be immune to ground. but since it's a starter, it must have Blaze as its ability? so yea, i'd take the immunity 2 ground. just give it a dragon fang if it has any dragon moves to boost them the same as its fire moves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    either way, Charizard as a Fire/Flying or Fire/Dragon would still have 3 weaknesses. However, if it was Fire/Dragon, it would lose its immunity to ground and be weak against it. if you gave it levitate as Fire/Dragon it would only have 2 weaknesses and be immune to ground. but since it's a starter, it must have Blaze as its ability? so yea, i'd take the immunity 2 ground. just give it a dragon fang if it has any dragon moves to boost them the same as its fire moves.

Ecxactly. It's good the way it is. Period. At least for me, anyway.

Charizard-lord

Yuni is awesome
    Years
    I reckon it looks like a dragon, but the more you think about it, the more you realise that it's basically already a dragon. It can learn Dragon moves, so changing its type would be both illogical and pointless.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2009
    I reckon it looks like a dragon, but the more you think about it, the more you realise that it's basically already a dragon. It can learn Dragon moves, so changing its type would be both illogical and pointless.

I guess you are right. There is really no point in changing the type, cuz it alredy is a dragon, even though it is not a dragon type.

Back