• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Charizard-like Pokémon in Gen V?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    Krogre is an orca (killer whale). The others are all types of dragons. And Pokemon are only sometimes based off animals. If they choose to not do an animal-based one that isn't 'not caring', it's just how it's suppose to be. There are plenty of Gen I non-animal-based Pokemon.

Last edited:

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    to me pokemon are supposed to look like animals.. and i feel like with the legendaries they tend to go over board. like when kyogre came out i was like ok pokemon is taking a wrong turn here cuz i dunno wtf this is supposed to be. then the next generation they just didnt give a f*** and both every single legendary till this day i have no idea wth they are.

pokemon is definitely becoming more digimon imo.. sad but true

Not all Pokemon are based off animals, this has been stated a million times. Many of them are based off mythological creatures.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
    I think a lot of people complain about how pokemon is running out of ideas when seeing gen 5 pokemon. However, I feel that if anything pokemon is only getting more and more unique ideas. I mean, look at the gereation one pokes. In specific, I'm talking about Eggsecute, Eggsecutor, Doduo, Dodrio, and Dugtrio. All have multiple heads with similar faces. That's five pokemon that share the exact same characteristic, and in three different evolution lines.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    digimon hell no...I don't care just enjoy the fact we're getting a new adventure and games to play geez people

The fire and water starters are much more cartoonish looking to me than most other Pokemon in older generations, lol.

I like the new Legendary Pokemons in terms of looks.
    They looked a lot like Digimon at first look, but it's not like Digimon is that bad or anything.
    And no, it has nothing to do with senses of realism added to make them look like Digimon.

Reshiram is something I'm almost sure I'll love, and Zekrom is good too, though its similarity to Palkia makes it seem like originality in design, and good designs themselves will run out soon.
    I personally just love the simplicity of Pokemon, and would hate to lose it. Details is good, but not the unnecessary ones. I wouldn't like a Lugia with five colours, horns, and lines on the body, though I'd like a more defined fur-like feel like that or Reshiram.

dude i don't think they'll run out of ideas anytime soon that's like saying i can't do a thousand things in a month

Last edited:

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    From reading this thread, it seems to me that people think having more detailed and life-like creatures is a bad thing.

This is what I find completely baffling. What does every one have against detail? In my books the more detailed they are, the better. Sure some of the earlier designs were simple, but some of them were equally detailed, for example Nidoking.
    Spoiler:

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    I think the legends dont look like didgemon butnot like pokemon either

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    I have to admit i was excited about the starter's designs they're pretty awesome but the legends look more like freaking machines which is NOT cool. It's kind of depressing thinking the way Pokemon used to look like then the Sinnoh region kinda changed it. I say they stick with the cartoony looking Pokemon. Not machines or anything realistic.....

Dragonika

Isshu Region Champion
    Years
    Either way everyone is saying that theese legendarys are like digimon they still look awsome and everyone here is still gunna get the game ,,,.. sooo lets just be HAPPY :D lol

Charizard-like Pokémon in Gen V?

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    I think some of you guys arent used to detail, since I think you grew up with the classics, which had simple designs.

I think they still look look pokemon. XD

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    there are a few ways that the pokemon can look like digimon...
    -they are new. we're use to the 493 pokemon shown so its hard to adjust to differant ones. plus no one knows all the digimon so when we see something new, we associate with something that we havnt seen that much also. (if that makes sense)
    -we usually see digimon as humanoids. zoroark, reshiram and zekrom have humanoid features, 2 arms, 2 legs and a head that sits on top. alot o the old digimon r similar to this.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    to me pokemon are supposed to look like animals.. and i feel like with the legendaries they tend to go over board. like when kyogre came out i was like ok pokemon is taking a wrong turn here cuz i dunno wtf this is supposed to be. then the next generation they just didnt give a f*** and both every single legendary till this day i have no idea wth they are.

pokemon is definitely becoming more digimon imo.. sad but true
    Completely agree, although some Pokemon is based on robot (beldum family) and inanimate object(Voltorb and Magnemite family). they can make Pokemon from inanimate object, but when they add inanimate to animal based Pokemon, then i call it Digimonish Pokemon(Rhyperior hands having hole to shootof rocks, Magmotar hands, Rayquaza body parts) for this legendary case, its the tail that make them look like Digimon

This is what I find completely baffling. What does every one have against detail? In my books the more detailed they are, the better. Sure some of the earlier designs were simple, but some of them were equally detailed, for example Nidoking.
    Spoiler:
    Read my post earlier. that's the point i'm trying to make. if they do it right, a quite detailed Pokemon still have Pokemonish look.
    If they make humanoid Pokemon too much, i won't be suprised if in later generation Pokemon hardly distinguishable from Digimon. Pokemon shouldn't be too humanoid in my opinion.

Ayselipera

The more realistic looking detail you add to a Pokemon, the less it feels like a Pokemon.

My thoughts exactly. The more they add to the newer Pokemon the less they actually look like Pokemon. If you look at the first and second generation they were fairly simple looking. They almost resembled the plants and animals they were based off of entirely. Now Pokemon look more mechanical then anything. At least I see robots in some of them. :(

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I don't at all see why this disscusion of them looking like digimon is still going on! POKAYMON, DIGIMON - TWO DIFFERENT THINGS!!!
    I don't really know why you people are comparing Pokémon to Digimon... If they were both made by the same companys etc, then I would see some of your points but it's not like ken sugimori went and watched an episode of Digimon and somehow magically turned a drawing from GeoGreymon into Rekrom... THIS IS MADNESS :3 Plus, pokemon was created before Digimon right...? Well then instead of basically saying pokemon is a ripoff of Digimon... say Digimon is a ripoff of pokemon...
    Oh and whats with the title? Charizard like pokemon in Gen V? Why would you want that? That would just be so unoriginal! Unless you ment the new pokes look like charizard...? Which quite frankly makes no sense looking a pokebu and charizard... xD
    Oh p.s. I think Reshiram Looks great! How the hell does it look like a chicken..? I think its sort of a mix of Angle/Winged Beast

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    digimon:

compared to the 3nd picture, the legends look nothing like them. and pokemon in general will never look like em

matter fact most pokemon look nothing like the ones in the other pictures

Magmarizer

Hitokiri Battōsai
    Years
    The problem is that the pokemon dont match eachother. Compare the starters of Gen. 5 to the legendarys. The style isint the same. The starters look very cartoonish and the legendarys look realistic. its just not balanced. How could they even live in the same universe?

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    The problem is that the pokemon dont match eachother. Compare the starters of Gen. 5 to the legendarys. The style isint the same. The starters look very cartoonish and the legendarys look realistic. its just not balanced. How could they even live in the same universe?

BECAUSE THEY ARE POKEMON!

they don't need a purpose, they don't need to look the same, they can be what ever they want!

that's what pokemon really is.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    My thoughts exactly. The more they add to the newer Pokemon the less they actually look like Pokemon. If you look at the first and second generation they were fairly simple looking.

Spoiler:

Now Pokemon look more mechanical then anything. At least I see robots in some of them. :(

*Cough* Magnemite *Cough*

Illustration

ああああああああ
    Years
    They don't look very Digimon, but they don't look very Pokemon either. The new legendaries just remind me immensely of a lot of dragon drawings I see around the Internet... Might as well be ganked off DA or something.

Exactly what I thought when I first saw them.

Anyway, they'll probably start to look more like Pokemon once you get used to them being in a Pokemon game and using them in battles and such. At least for me, they will.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    For me, Pokemon will never resemble Digimon unless they suddenly start speaking. Oh wait...Yeah...

Seriously though Pokemon and Digimon are totally different. You guys are just tripping. I think the only passable "mons" that could cross over are Frigimon and Elecmon. Digimon into Pokemon. Yeah that's right. Digimon into Pokemon. They have different styles and aren't easily confused.

https://sm_angel.tripod.com/poster_digi.jpg
    This here is a poster of some digimon. Look at Number 33 and 38. If Frigimon were shorter and couldn't talk human and just said frigi a lot he would look so much like a pokemon IMO. 38 could pass...probably...

Back