• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Charmander - Did he evolve to Charizard and then back down? cant remember

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2006
    Hey, me and my mates havent watched pokemon in years... and we were having an argument as to whether Charizard turned back into charmander after a battle.

I can't remember the story... was charmander like stubborn, or for some reason just couldnt evolve, but then did randomly... then devolved, no idea.

Please tell us

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    He evolved into charmeleon after taking on those exeggutor or however you spell it :S
    Then he was cocky and stubborn and eventually evolved into Charizard to take on Aerodactyl for what seemed like to save Ash but was actually for his own pride.
    Ash them left him at Chariffic Valley to train up.
    He comes back from time to time though for Gym battles and such.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2006
    Its not a dumb question,

I thought this was a special case where charmander devolved

pikachu doesnt have to evolve cause he doesnt want to

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
    I was confused about that too, because in one ep it seemed he was Charizard and then in a later ep he was Charmander! I always figured it was either an error or 4Kids had got the episode numbers screwed up. X_x

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    huh-uh, Pokemon can't de-evolve (oO if that wasn't a word...it is now! Xp ). Thats more of a Digimon thing, even if they wanted to change back they couldn't.

Anyhoo, some one already answered the other part of the question.

yaminokaitou said:
    I was confused about that too, because in one ep it seemed he was Charizard and then in a later ep he was Charmander! I always figured it was either an error or 4Kids had got the episode numbers screwed up. X_x

Snow Way Out, right? They aired that episode out of order because they weren't originally gonna show it... but ended up showing it eventually anyway, and then it didn't go with the story.... ><; I still love that episode though. ^^

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Like the others have said, they just aired the episodes out of order. And Drew, at least in the TCG you can devolve pokemon, with the 'devolution spray' (XP I just had to say that)

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2008
    CopyCat said:
    Like the others have said, they just aired the episodes out of order. And Drew, at least in the TCG you can devolve pokemon, with the 'devolution spray' (XP I just had to say that)

Hahaha, oh yeah, classic ^_^

It would be cool to devolve Pokemon on really rare occasions... I wouldn't be surprised if later Nintendo came up with a Devolution Stone or whatever for the games and anime... but then people would be able to get, for example, a Dratini with Hyper Beam, by evolving it so it can learn Hyper Beam (it can't learn it as Dratini, right?) and then devolving it, so what I'm sayin' is it could kinda screw up the movesets...

But anywhoo, I'd like it =D But yeah, it's more of a Digimon thing.

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
    Years
    Trainer Rachel said:
    It would be cool to devolve Pokemon on really rare occasions... I wouldn't be surprised if later Nintendo came up with a Devolution Stone or whatever for the games and anime... but then people would be able to get, for example, a Dratini with Hyper Beam, by evolving it so it can learn Hyper Beam (it can't learn it as Dratini, right?) and then devolving it, so what I'm sayin' is it could kinda screw up the movesets...

Dratini can learn Hyper Beam by leveling anyway, so...yeah... But it would mess around with some other movesets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back