• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen cheat problem

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2006
    when I try to encounter a old pokemon it never works! and when I try to
    get deoxys all what appears is sunflora for all the the new pokemon after celebi.can somone help me please? cause I do not know what else to do.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2006
    and when i put the codes in....nothing happens!and somtimes....it makes this loud cracking noise and i have to turn it off!

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Not to be rude, but that is what happens you try to cheat. AR and GS can often ruin your cart, especially if you don't know what you are doing.

Yumago

Santa Claws
    Years
    Just to summarise what other people all over the world have said: Cheat devices tamper with your game and Nintendo cartridges are not as stable as PC games in some ways. Playing without cheats would solve the problem, unless there is a problem with the cartridge itself. If your game always acts like that, even after starting a new game and taking the AR out, your cartridge has probably been damaged and severely corrupted. Try starting a new game without using the codes and then you can either abandon the AR or try entering different codes/the bad codes you were talking about.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Um...Action Replay has errors, I have the same problems sometimes.
    If you choose Deoxys and you're getting Sunflora, that means thats Sunflora's code and someone messed up...

I have some on mine, like Lugia, Mew,Mewtwo and alot of others, but No Deoxys....

But if you're interested in any other certain Pokemon you ask me, and if I have them I can give you their code.

Years
    This brings up another problem with cheat devices: they systems they use for code entry are deliberately obscure. You can't tell what a code's supposed to do just by looking at it. Therefore, people are prone to entering codes in wrong, and people are also prone to posting incorrect codes and such on websites.

(This is beyond the obvious point that Nintendo puts checks in their games and cheating disqualifies you from official events.)

Back