• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cheating the Gameclock

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    I thought this was amazingly obvoius but when i talked to some people about it they seemed to think it was revolutuionary. so i thought id share the info.

you can change the gameclock on your DS in order to do timed events on your own schedule.

you can change the time in order to easier get gym leaders phone numbers for rematches. to do bug catching contests, to catch laprases, or any number of other once a week or once a day events.

so has anyone else thought to do this?

the only thing i cant seem to get to work is the safari zone. you must wait a certian number of days in order to certain pokemon once you have the blocks. but i put the clock up a year and nothing. either the beldum im looking for is too rare or the game registers each day seperately when the clock turns over from one day to the other so you have to actually go through each day.

my next idea is to put the game clock so it will go to the next day in one minute then wait for the time to roll over and do it again until enough days have gone by in-game to get a beldum. it should take just over 2.5 hours rather than 70 days...

ideas? comments? questions?

Chunes

Ace Trainer
    Years
    • IL
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    I could never get it to work with the bug-catching contest. You can do the first one, but it didn't seem to let me do it over again no matter how I changed the clock.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    The game seems to be smarter than it looks. I had to do several attempts with the time clock, before I got the groomer to come up (I did this on a Monday, when there was no groomer) so I can groom my Eevee. And when putting the day forward to challenge a Gym Leader, even though it's at the right now, it doesn't seem to work. Moving the clock back works, as I once did so to battle Erika, but then for some reason Daisy thought she had already massaged my Pokemon, and no matter what I did to the time, she still kept saying what she said after she massaged one of your Pokemon.

So.. it works sometimes, but it doesn't work all the time. I'm assuming it's because they knew that people would be trying to manipulate the time so they can get events.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    The best thing you can usually do with some of the events for the game to register it as a full day, is to set the clock to 23:59 , then go do whatever it is you need to do when it hits 00:00. It works with the groomers. Just make sure your somewhere else when the clock hits 00:00, then enter.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah, I realized that after I was playing around with the time a bit. It probably also works with the Bug-Catching Contest, but I don't know if it'll work for Phone Numbers (maybe the ones at Night, like Green/Blue, Morty, Claire, etc) because after you do that, you have to change the time again to the time when you can call 'em.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I did this to be able to win the bug catching contest one late night. I had to reset it back 2 hours, twice, because I was having such a hard time finding a male scyther.
    That and time of day to evolve eevee correctly.

Years
    The game seems to be smarter than it looks. I had to do several attempts with the time clock, before I got the groomer to come up (I did this on a Monday, when there was no groomer) so I can groom my Eevee. And when putting the day forward to challenge a Gym Leader, even though it's at the right now, it doesn't seem to work. Moving the clock back works, as I once did so to battle Erika, but then for some reason Daisy thought she had already massaged my Pokemon, and no matter what I did to the time, she still kept saying what she said after she massaged one of your Pokemon.

So.. it works sometimes, but it doesn't work all the time. I'm assuming it's because they knew that people would be trying to manipulate the time so they can get events.
    That's why you set the DS clock to 23:59. Iirc when you instantly change the DS clock to the next day to rebattle Gym Leaders in Platinum, it doesn't work as well.

I like to abuse the clock since I'm more of a nighttime player. Without the ability it would be difficult for me to find Gym Leaders and such.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2010
    it seems everyone agrees wiuth my theory of setting the clock right before the date changes and letting the computer count up the days.

i plan to try this with the safari zone to get a beldum. ill let you know how it goes

Back