• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Check these bad boys out (still training)

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Name: Feraligatr
    Spoiler:

Name: Arcanine
    Spoiler:

Name: Staraptor
    Spoiler:

Name: Rhyperior
    Spoiler:

Name: Ampharos
    Spoiler:

Name: Hypno
    Spoiler:

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    It looks good but why doesn't Staraptor know Close Combat?

I don't know why she doesnt know Close Combat. I mustve not been paying attention when leveling up because I raised it from Lv. 1. Ive got to get a heart scale I suppose.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    OK, and one more thing for your Arcanine. While you're getting Heart Scales, teach it Thunder Fang. FlareBlitz would be a good idea too, but you've aleady missed that one (only Growlithe learns it at level 48). I would actually suggest here to breed your Arcanine with a Ditto and train the Growlithe to the side, but you can keep your Arcanine for now cuz it'll still do fine.

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    OK, and one more thing for your Arcanine. While you're getting Heart Scales, teach it Thunder Fang. FlareBlitz would be a good idea too, but you've aleady missed that one (only Growlithe learns it at level 48). I would actually suggest here to breed your Arcanine with a Ditto and train the Growlithe to the side, but you can keep your Arcanine for now cuz it'll still do fine.

Well I was thinking of teaching it Overheat. What do you think of that?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    If you're gonna do overheat, I would delete Fire Fang, then take out Flamethrower or Iron Tail for Thunder Fang.
    I say thunderfang for one reason: Type Diversity.
    Say all you had left was your Arcanine, and they had a Gyarados, you could use ThunderFang, and OHKO it. Without Thunderfang, you'd pretty much be doomed.
    And yes, Arcanine's base speed is higher than Gyarados's, the only way you would be slower is if you had like a Minus Speed Nature and a 0 Speed IV. Even then if the Gyarados had a Minus speed Nature you could still be faster.
    Point being, ThunderFang could come in extremely helpful.

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    If you're gonna do overheat, I would delete Fire Fang, then take out Flamethrower or Iron Tail for Thunder Fang.
    I say thunderfang for one reason: Type Diversity.
    Say all you had left was your Arcanine, and they had a Gyarados, you could use ThunderFang, and OHKO it. Without Thunderfang, you'd pretty much be doomed.
    And yes, Arcanine's base speed is higher than Gyarados's, the only way you would be slower is if you had like a Minus Speed Nature and a 0 Speed IV. Even then if the Gyarados had a Minus speed Nature you could still be faster.
    Point being, ThunderFang could come in extremely helpful.

good point. i think ill do that. any other moveset changes on my team?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Maybe on Ampharos either Focus blast or Charge over Thunder.
    Focus Blast for some more Raw Power
    Charge comes in handy against anything that Discharge will not OHKO, even more so if your foe is a special attacker (since charge boosts spdef, along with electric type moves).
    Other than that your team is pretty awesome.

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Maybe on Ampharos either Focus blast or Charge over Thunder.
    Focus Blast for some more Raw Power
    Charge comes in handy against anything that Discharge will not OHKO, even more so if your foe is a special attacker (since charge boosts spdef, along with electric type moves).
    Other than that your team is pretty awesome.

thanks for the help. i wouldnt have thought about my arcanines moves or my amphys for that matter. do you have an actual gamee on the ds? maybe d/p/pt?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    I have Platinum and SS legit, and on the HG rom it's gonna be on my R4. I tend to avoid Emus on the Computer for DS because they run pretty slow on my computer.
    So yeah, they are all on the DS, but they're not all ACTUAL Pokemon games.

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    I have Platinum and SS legit, and on the HG rom it's gonna be on my R4. I tend to avoid Emus on the Computer for DS because they run pretty slow on my computer.
    So yeah, they are all on the DS, but they're not all ACTUAL Pokemon games.

you wanna battle? and if there is a pokemon you dont have i can try and get it for you. i have a polywag.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    on what, SS? the HG I haven't started yet, I was just asking about what my team should be before i start. but yeah, if you wanna battle on SS the FC is in my sig, but if you wanna do Platinum it's a different FC than the one in the sig.

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    on what, SS? the HG I haven't started yet, I was just asking about what my team should be before i start. but yeah, if you wanna battle on SS the FC is in my sig, but if you wanna do Platinum it's a different FC than the one in the sig.

which one is your better team?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    They're honestly probably close to the same, but I would say Platinum.
    Wait are you talking in-game team or competetive? Probably in game. Right?

If it's in game I should warn you my team on Platinum has an Uber on it. (not legendary though)

Last edited:

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    They're honestly probably close to the same, but I would say Platinum.
    Wait are you talking in-game team or competetive? Probably in game. Right?

If it's in game I should warn you my team on Platinum has an Uber on it. (not legendary though)

in-game is what i meant. and my fc is in my sig too. its for hg. my friend lost my pearl. do you wanna battle now?

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    sure, hold up a sec on the FC, i've never logged on to wifi on this Platinum before.

K, here it is
    1849 6666 0816
    Name: Rolando
    I'll get on as soon as I add your FC.

Last edited:

TrainDozer

The Elite Four's Third
    Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    sure, hold up a sec on the FC, i've never logged on to wifi on this Platinum before.

K, here it is
    1849 6666 0816
    Name: Rolando
    I'll get on as soon as I add your FC.

hold on. im boostin a pikachu in the elite four right now. imma bout to die, so ill c u online soon.

Back