• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cherish Pokeball, why do i have one ?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Mar 21, 2008
    Just wondering. Like a week ago i noticed i have a Cherish solid red pokeball in my bag. I didnt pay attention to it until now do you find one in the game? Or what how did i get this lol ?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Mar 21, 2008
    No i never did i havent been in a toys r us in like 8 years. I dunno maybe someone traded me a pokemon with it or something im not sure how i got it

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • It's most likely that somebody traded you a Pokemon "holding"(NOT CAUGHT) a Cherish Ball, and when you gave it a item, it switched it back out, and in the ball inventory. Note that Cherish Balls are unobtainable as an item itself, so anything caught in it thats not a proper event would be considered illegit.

Years
    • Age 30
    • USA
    • Seen May 18, 2015
    Chances are it's not legit, I don't think you can get them without cheating. You must've traded with someone who hacked to get it.

Lumine

Basement Cat
    Years
  • I presumed you got it off GTS, just never trade Pokes off the GTS unless your just trying to fill up your Dex

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • Cherish Ball? I've never heard of it..
    Can someone tell me the importance of it?

The Cherish Ball is an extremely rare type of Pokeball. It's only found as the Pokeball used for Legendaries. For example, the Toys R Us Manaphy came in a Cherish Ball, and certain other Legendaries do as well.

Years
  • Legendaries isn't really the right word to use. Some Event Only pokemon will come in Cherish Balls. The only way to get a Cherish Ball is with an event pokemon in it, you can NOT obtain an empty Cherish Ball

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • besides that, I heard that it's just basically the same concept as a premier ball... it looks different, but is just as effective as a pokeball.

don't mess w\ 'em either (the cherish balls) since they're not legit.

Last edited:

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • besides that, I heard that it's just basically the same concept as a premier ball... it looks different, but is just as effective as a pokeball.

don't mess w\ 'em either since they're not legit.

You can find a premier ball in Emerald,I think you get it by buying 99 of any kind of Pokeball, and the Pokemart guy gives you it, I have one.

Nacon

Item Trafficker
    Years
  • every 10 pokeballs, you get 1 premier free... it's that way in D\P as well.

I hope that when I finally see my first shiny in my Pearl, I'll catch it in a premier... lol.

Myoko-chan

アーシェ
    Years
  • every 10 pokeballs, you get 1 premier free... it's that way in D\P as well.

I hope that when I finally see my first shiny in my Pearl, I'll catch it in a premier... lol.

In your previous post you said Premier balls are also not legit... =P

Back