• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chimchar,Turtwig or Piplup???

Chimchar,Turtwig or Piplup???

• Chimchar

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Piplup

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters

dark_giratina

Being of Emotion
Years
  • Which of the 3 Sinnoh staters do you prefer?TBH i prefer Chimchar because it can learn taunt whuch lets you capture Abra early on without trading it, its strong and can take a hit,but it is also very fast.For me, Turtwg is annoying because i hate slow pokemon and prefer faster ones but Turtwigs 3 evo is good.I dont like Piplup because as its good at first, the 3 evolution is quite weak and dissapointing.Plus later in the game, chimchars evos can learn my fav move,close combat :)

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
  • Piplup, please.
    If it weren't for the anime's obsession with the penguin, I might actually like it enough to love at least one Sinnoh starter.
    If there were an option, such as none, I'd choose that.
    But I don't want to be mean to the Sinnoh starter fans, so I'd go with Piplup. (:

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Sinnoh's starters are bad, but since I have to choose one, I would go with Turtwig.

Defense ftw.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Piplup.
    Iunno why. Something about it.

Chimchar is second, Turtwig is third.

I didn't have high expectations for Empoleon, but it proved to be a very useful Pokemon, although, it didn't make it to my final team.

AiirRaven

The nightmare of Trainers
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2011
    I chose piplup cuz i like anything wit A Steel combo..

Kagura

..what?
    Years
  • Chimchar, but I've always preferred the fire starter in every Pokemon game.

Agreed. Plus I thought it looked not only cute, but definitely a danger to the other trainers. I prefer the Johto starters however. So for this one, I am choosing Chimchar.

Ayselipera

Fire types are my favorite, but I was really dissappointed with Chimchar.

My favorite would be Turtwig. I love its grass/ground combo.
    Second is Piplup and then Chimchar.

The Apprentice™

PC's Offical Gangsta
    Years
  • Chimchar FTW =D I love fire types and to top it off I love monkeys lol
    And on the Chinese Zodiac I was bored on the year of the monkey as well lol
    So Chimchar FTW =D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • All the three starters are balanced in some way or the other so all of them are strong. I prefer empoleon by its looks!

By the way I think this thread is already somewhere on PC

I also have this feeling.(I prefer fire starters generally but I just dont like that fire monkey)

SuperBob

Professor Bob
    Years
  • I used Turtwig in Pokemon Platinum and Piplup in Pokemon Diamond.I dont like Chimchar not because of it's stats, but it is way too overused...

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
  • Here's how it is for me: I like Piplup, Monferno, and Torterra. So, in Platinum I ended up persuading myself to get a Piplup, just because I think it's a cute starter. But that was before I remembered that I don't like Prinplup or Empoleon. I got Chimchar in Diamond, but was unsatisfied with Infernape. I'm not sure what it was, but something made me wish I had just let it stay as Monferno. :/ I can't believe I never got Turtwig as a starter. I mean, it's just about equal to Piplup's cuteness (or sometimes cuter, depends on my mood). And I love Torterra. Level-up Earthquake ftw.

Last edited:

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • chimchar. why? well chimchar is the power tank of the 3 starters. and i liek power over anything.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I liked Chimchar the most, I don't really like the final evolutions of any of them except Turtwig, I only liked Chimchar's second evolution, so its a tie between chimchar and turtwig but I don't really like defensive pokemon so I chose Chimchar

Back