• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cho the bug master

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    well Heres the bug type gym leader for my fan game, Iv done it is stages to show how she has progressed

the origional art was done by my character designer mat but all the colour work was done by me in photoshop CS3

Cho the bug master

theres the line ink version then colour then the shading then all of them combined in the final version of her

anyway i dont usually do stuff like this on photoshop, but i felt like a change so please constructive crit please

DiSCIclaimer

Is Taking Over The Earth
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2009
    hmmm... there could be some more shading on her hair i believe... but that is just me, could be wrong<... outcluding that its neat<!

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    That very kewl, but she could use some color... Maybe a red belt perhaps? She doesn't look very happy either... but that's just me.

HAPPEE DRAWIN'!

lol shes not happy this her battle pose shes an incredably serious battler she naver smiles during a battle but outside of battle she is sort of hyperactive, anyway as for the red belt it would kill her colour scheme i wanted to stick to black and green which gives her that insect exoscelatal look

Vednix

:D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2010
    Hm. very good concept. And the idea of just black and green to show insect like things is good too! could do with a teensy bit more shading though.

Years
  • Color scheme is good, but why no highlighting? At least the eyes could use some of that light reflecting effect.

The shading could go a little further. As it stands the shading only hugs the line art except on the hair where I would expect to see highlights.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Color scheme is good, but why no highlighting? At least the eyes could use some of that light reflecting effect.

The shading could go a little further. As it stands the shading only hugs the line art except on the hair where I would expect to see highlights.

ye your right but i am not that good at characters this is infact my first attempt at coloring a character on photoshop

Back