• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CHRONICLES: Man of Steel

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • Chronicles of the Man of Steel is a fancomic drawn just by me... >.< I don't know if it has a place on a Pokemon forum but I'm trying hard to expand my audience... I decided to draw a fancomic because I think my original work isn't reaching a large enough audience and people are more familiar with characters they already know and thus accept them easier.

PLEASED BE WARNED THAT THIS COMIC USES STRONG LANGUAGE. (It doesn't have any other offensive material though). Pages that contain language stronger than "crap" or "damn" are bolded.

Anyways this project is taking a lot of work since I'm doing it by hand so I only have 3 pages done (actually 2 pages and a cover art) but yeah. ASHFIADSHFLKSADJBFADSKJLF

excuse using dA, I don't want to pay just to post a damn comic online elsewhere...

Cover
    Page 001
    Page 002 (I'm not very happy with this page to be frank, I screwed up a lot of parts which I'm working on fixing so don't go crazy on me lol.)

Each page takes me about 5 hours, and when you have a life its hard to complete those quickly, so please don't pressure me to complete the pages. I already have about 5 ones ahead of these sketched out so I'll try to get them up as possible. Also note that these are drawn by hand and thus the scanner can have a few imperfections shoved in there, especially in terms of blurriness. My scanner isn't large enough to scan the full pages and I won't do a final copy scan until I'm complete.

Any crits would be very useful. Again, like most of my works I'm not looking for anatomical correctness 99% of the time so rather focus on the style and storytelling.

Last edited:

Trent_Jayir

Who the hell do you think i am
    Years
  • Hi Corvidae!
    Nice! I like this so far.
    Couple of things, first, the bird in the very first frame, it's not massively obvious why it's there to begin with.
    I'd maybe suggest putting the characters in the background and off-centre, so it's easier for readers to understand it was a scene-setting device.

I'd also like to say that, because all our frames meet the edge of the paper, it's harder to make one have more impact than the other. Usually, people use the 'bleed' (where it meets the edge) to help a frame make more impact, as it makes it seem to last longer. If you use it all they time it can make the page seem a little overwhelming to look at, at times. So yes, maybe try tweaking that and experimenting with what you can do with it.

Having said that, I like what you're doing. The things you've used, like shifting aspects so much in the first page, and the way you handled the second page is good. The conversation flow is helped by how you've laid out the second page, and like you said, don't go crazy on it, you know what you want to fix :p

Overall I like it so far, I like the style you've used for it, kind of messy and tired-looking, it really compliment the subject. Great stuff! I hope you get time to do/show us more :')

Back