• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chunao- a journey in the footsteps of magic (RE-VAMPED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
Years
  • @FooFighter: Very nice. You are accepted! This means we're FULL!

KNow what? We'll start this RP in a very short time, folks! That means: Within the hour! STAY TUNED!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Here we go!

CHAPTER 1- The first step of the thousand-mile journey

It is a marvelous summer day in little Rockpiont town. The sun rises in a bright blue sky dotted with mall cotton clouds, the blue sea is warm and beckoning, and the peaceful town i awakening from a mild night slumer. Amongst those are seven youngster who probably slept poorly this night. They are about to recieve their very first Pokémon from the kind Professor Orchard. Rumor has hit the prof has gone to great lenghts to give these lucky people exotic starters. Toghether with their partners they'll work towards he ultimate goal: Becoming the Chunao Champion.

In this chapter you'll make your way from your bed to professor Orchards lab. You'll recieve your Pokémon in the next chapter. Oh, and READ THIS! Although you may and will post more than once per chapter, please give others the chance to post as well....

Last edited:

The Gaurdian

a change in your demeanour.
    Years
  • Uolf had his bandana pulled over his head, his legs were crossed, and he lay in the swaying hammock. The sun rose over the horizon and shafts of light came through the soft floating clouds, made its way through the tree, and stuck him in the face. Though not caring much, he felt the sun light on the lower part of his face and slowly, but surely, he rose from a deep slumber. Yawning a number of times he looked around his hammock and rolled out of it, into a bed of green leaves.

After standing up he untied his hammock and started packing it up once more. Still blinking from his waking, he yawned a few more times before making his way through the back door of the pokemon center, less than twenty feet from where his hammock had been. Holding out his hand as he walked past the counter where Nurse Joy was he grabed a cup of coffie, then headed to a nearby table. Taking a swig of coffie he pulled out his list of things to do... and after reading the only thing not marked off, he decided to put it off just one more day.

Pushing the list back into his bag, his hand felt something odd, something he didn't reconise, so he pulled it out. The letter in his hands was simple, something Uolf liked much, but then after reading it AGAIN, he remembered what he was suposed to do on that day. Thanking Nurse Joy for the coffie he was given every day, he walked out the door and toward the only other building type he disliked besides Gyms... Labs. Making his tired way into the lab he walked into a lobby and, after finding the right chair, sat in one of the blue colored chairs. Yawning once more he took one more swig of his coffie before pulling out his green book and going through it, from page one, yet once more.

And so he waited, while reading a strange green book and drinking coffie. Not because he felt like wasting time or anything, but he would have no problem with that, but because the letter had said that he must wait for all new trainers. He had gotten that part probably because the Lab wasnt even open for three more hours, yet he was still sitting in one of the blue colored lobby chairs... It was only four, and the others were not expected until eight AM, "A curse and a gift of sleeping out side is one is never late to early morning things." he thought as he fliped the page.

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    (OOC: Okay, Jed's already in another RP with other Pokes, but that's more of a side thing, so this'll be his main one. I think. It'd fit for him to actually start RPing by starting without any Pokemon. Also, he's 16 here, because that's my real age, and The Gaurdian is 17, so I figured it wouldn't hurt. Well, here goes then. ;) Enjoy!)

I watched my yellow cat invade my red cat in the yard
    The feline war has raged for years, so I assume it'd be too hard
    For me to drive my foot between them, I would never risk the scratch
    Just to prove to one or both of them
    A cat is just a -

"Jed, it's Mom. Open up already."

Jed rolled around a bit in his bed, putting his face into his pillow, trying to zone out her voice and continue listening to his stereo. The melody was almost haunting in its catchy simplicity. Then he realized that his nose was smashed into his pillow, and it was starting to get sore. He tried to convey his thoughts to his mother, but came out with only a few muffled groans. A thought streaked through his mind that his pillow desperately needed washed, as it tasted something like bleach...or at least how he thought bleach might taste.

"I don't want you to be late Jed. It's already 6:30, and you've only got an hour left to get to Orchard's lab! You've been talking about Pokemon for your whole life, and now you won't even let me into your room to tell you to get up and over there? Sometimes you pick the worst times to be lazy."

Jed rolled back over so that he could speak somewhat coherently. "Come on, Ma. Orchard's letter said that he wanted us by eight, so I've got an hour and a half. Number two, my door's broke, it can only be opened from inside. Lastly...well, I pick all the time to be lazy, so it's not like this is news to - "

"Don't be smart! Just get up!"

Jed groaned again and muttered some note of affirmation. He stretched a bit, feeling achy all over, especially his neck. Never sleep sideways again, he decided. He walked over, half-asleep, to his closet, and picked out a purple shirt with the Kool-Aid man on it. It read: "Sugar. Water. PURPLE."

"Steezy," he murmured, putting it on, as well as a blue pair of Bermudas. A pair of socks and his favorite skate shoes, and he was set to go. He looked at himself in the mirror - eyes droopy, hair a bit ruffled. He shook it, and it feathered out nicely. His droopy eyes - well, those he couldn't help. He was used to getting up at closer to noon, so this was akin to pouring salt on a snail. Except that it didn't burn. Much.

As he walked out, he smelled the eggs and toast his Mom was cooking and almost collapsed at the aroma. "Ma, you're the best."

"You say that now," she said grumpily, but a smile tugged at the corners of her lips. The toast popped out, and she immediately started to butter it, flipping an egg in its pan simultaneously. It was some strange and wonderful skill she had picked up along the road of her life, and Jed didn't begrudge her it. A couple minutes later, he had a steaming plate, and a couple after that, nothing. He'd even cleared out the yolk with his toast.

Mom sighed. "It makes me wonder if it's worth doing all this for you when you get rid of it so quickly."

Jed hugged her and headed back upstairs to his room. "What would you do without me?"

She muttered a sarcastic response, but Jed didn't catch it. He checked his watch. 7:19. It was probably about time to go. He quickly brushed his teeth, then packed his phone, wallet, and MP3 player into his pockets.

As he jogged back downstairs, his Mom was waiting for him at the bottom, arms crossed and tears nearly in her eyes. Jed frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"Oh, nothing. I just...well, I didn't expect you to leave me this early. You're only sixteen, after all. Most kids your age stay in high school for a bit longer...and I really wanted to spend the rest of that time with you."

"Well, you sure won't be alone," he said, giving her a wry smile. "Dad's still here, and you got three more kids to look after. You're not out of the woods yet, not nearly."

His mom nodded, her eyes still watery. He hugged her, still smiling. "Ma, I'm not even leaving quite yet. I've got to come home and get my stuff afterwards, remember? No worries. Just stay positive, huh?"

Jed grabbed his skateboard and walked towards the door, checking his watch again. 7:27. He'd get there maybe ten minutes early, even. He glanced back at his mom again, giving her a salute. "I love ya, Mom. And I'll visit all the time."

"Promise?"

"Yep."

She finally smiled. "Have fun, then. I'll hold you to it."

He opened the door and threw the skateboard down straight in front of him, jumping on it. He quickly gained as he went towards Professor Orchard's lab, pondering. It had been a bit of a surprise when Orchard had given him the letter, but he had sent back a response as quickly as he could, excited at all the possibilities. Jed, a Pokemon trainer? An adventure, to be sure. He had always been a fairly popular kid in the area, playing gigs with his well-known band Box of Chocolates, but being a Pokemon trainer opened up so many more opportunities. He clenched and unclenched his fist, performing a quick kickflip and landing it spot on.

Today was going to be a good day.

A few people waved to him on the way to the lab, and he waved back, his cheeks flushed. What Pokemon would he get? Jed wasn't an expert, but he definitely wanted something...well, good. A laid-back Poke - hopefully a male, he reflected - that was a great friend in addition to being a good partner in battle. He licked his lips and tried a heelflip this time - a bit harder to do while moving - and landed it spectacularly. For once, he wasn't messing up consistently. It was like God hiimself wanted this day to be awesome for Jed.

When he finally reached the lab, it was already 7:48. He wiped his palms on his shorts, anxious about what was about to happen. Anything could await him behind those doors. What if he was the last one there? Or the first one? He didn't really know what he'd do, and he grinned excitedly.

Then Jed closed his fingers around the doorknob and twisted it, and opened the door to his future.

Foo Fighter

Even in the face of death...
    Years
  • Robert was snoring loudly, having a particulary good dream about flying through the ocean when his alarm burt out in angry buzzing.

"Hunh?!" Robert shouted jumping up from his bed in panic. He quickly realized where he was and sat back down rubbing his eyes. He probably shouldn't have stayed up so late last night, after all today was the start of his grand journey. Robert slowly got up from his comfy bed and slipped on a black T-shirt that had a multi-colored snowflake design on it and put on his jeans and shoes. He was halfway down the steps of his large mansion-house before he stopped to push his hair down with his hand. His Father regarded him with a silent nod, they both had had a long night it seemed. His Father had a cup of Coffee in his hand with his hair mussed up. Rob had seen this version of his father before many times.

"I'm going to, the lab place. I'll call you if I need anything." Rob called out sleepily.

His Father seemed to work himself out of his daze to give Rob one last speech.

"I really am proud of you Rob, don't do anything to get yourself in trouble and make sure to call me every now and then."

Rob sighed, "Sure dad. I'll be fine."

His Father was starting to get worked up now, "Because if one person tries to hurt you I'll make sure they never see the light of day. And you can lawys count on me. You need one thing and I can have it shipped wherever you are in a matter of seconds. I can get anything done Robby."

His Father searched "Robby" over with serious eyes. A small frown on his face showed his worries. They both looked at the clock, 7:12. Plenty of time to get to the lab considering how close they were. Rob took the chance to get out though.

"There'll probly be a big rush for the pokemon, dad, I should go now." Robert tried.

His Father seemed to deflate a bit.

"Ok. I, uh, I," Roberts father was choking up.

Rob sighed deeply. "Yeah Dad. Me too.

Robert stumbled toward Orchard's lab with his eyes half closed. He stared at the establishment for a few seconds. WHat pokemon would Orchard have? Rob wanted something low energy. Something that he wouldn't have to fight to keep up with. The large brown doors seemed to beckon him into the building. RObert entered the building and saw that everyone hadn't arrived yet. He fell into one of the comfortable blue chairs and drifted off into sleep.

Last edited:

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
  • *Ring Ring* The alarm clock went off. Seph had set it early so he could be prepared for his journey.

*Ring Ring*

"Shut it," he groaned. He was never all that good early in the morning. *Ring Ring* Frustrated he grabbed the alarm clock and threw it across the room. Slowly he got up, and sat down on top of his sheets. After rubbing his eyes he walked over and grabbed the alarm clock. After checking it was ok, he walked out of the little room.

The house was small, very small, tough that didn't bother Seth much. For starters, he was living alone, and secondly he was going to leave anyway. He walked out of his room into the main room, which had the living room and a small kitchen. He turned on the stove and quickly filled the lone frying pan with egg and ham. Letting the ommelette settle, quickly washed his face, and went back into his bedroom. He was pretty proud of himself, he prepared everything last night. The giant backpack was sitting against the wall, with the sleeping bag tied on top of it. It had everything he needed in it, let alone the frying pan which he was still using. The rest of his stuff was neatly arranged, and he just put the freshly washed clothes in his backpack. He looked over on his shelf, he grabbed the book on it ---his favorite--- and put it in the backpack, together with a big wad of money he saved up. He turned off the light and and looked around the room for the last time. It was pretty empty, with the bed, the desk, and a closet in it. Alot was already in his backpack, but the lesser important stuff would stay. His neighbor promised to look after the small garden, and clean his house once in a while.

Suddenly he smelled a tinge of smoke. Realizing he forgot his eggs he ran back and turned down the fire. After a quick breakfast, he took a shower and looked out the window. It was sunny, so he put on his hoodie. He felt the cool touch of the aquamarine stone to his skin. He took a last look around the two room house, and walked out. He threw the key through the neighbour's open window. He heard a yelp of surprise, and then saw the couple -they were in their late fifties- stick their heads out and wave at him. He waved back, and made his way to the labratory.

It wasn't long untill he got there, he looked at his watch and decided he couldn't have made better timing, he was one minute early. He entered the room, and wasn't surprised that just about everybody was there, at least he thought just about everybody was there, he noticed somebody sleeping in a blue chair. Tough night huh?

He sat down too, and anxiously looked around the room. He couldn't help but wonder what pokemon he would get. Hopefully a charizard, or a Rypherior, but wait, then he would need a charmander or rhyhorn. Maybe one of those legendary pokemon? Well, at least it has to be cool...

The Gaurdian

Years
  • Uolf had sat there for the last five hours, slowly reading his green book.

After three hours of waiting, Orchard had entered his lab and, with a questioning look on his face, went to his office. The Doc's aids were not as uncaring, and before they even opened their mouths to ask how he had gotten in, he pointed at the kinda open skylight. They quickly decided not to ask how he made it down the twenty foot drop.

Only two minutes after the Doc and his aids entered the building, a kid, maybe five foot seven, with brown hair, entered with a magazane. After he sat down and started to read, Uolf fliped the page once more.

At seven fourty eight, another kid entered carring a skate board and wearing a purple shirt. This one also had brown hair. By now he had fliped three or four pages, he was only at page ten...

At ten 'til eight one more kid entered, this one had dirty-blonde hair, who prompty fell asleep on one of the blue chairs.

At one 'til, another entered and sat down in one of the blue chairs. His left leg jittered up and down nervously.

At this time Uolf put his book away and got down on his knees. Removing his shirt and jacket he reveiled blue painting that covered the right side of his body, as well as many more scars. He put his hands together and did a quick little ritual of his before replacing his shirt and jacket, then returned to his spot.

He felt that not everyone was not there yet, but he knew not who they were waiting on... so he stood up and walked through a door and saw a coffie machine which he had started much earlier than any one had even unlocked the doors, and poured himself another cup of coffie before returning to his spot to wait.

Last edited:

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Jed was shocked to find that only two people were in there at the moment. One was maybe a tad bit older than Jed, but he had a mature face that didn't do his age justice. Gray hair and a shocking scar...he looked like an Army veteran. The years hadn't been so good to him. His brown shirt and camo pants just completed the idea even further. However, when his cold blue eyes looked up from his little green book to regard Jed, just standing there, he regarded his fingernails, maintaining an air of calm.

While the macho man continued to gaze at him, Jed directed his attention to the other person that was sitting there. He was considerably shorter than Jed, by maybe a half foot or so, and he had shocking emerald eyes. His brown hair was all mussed up, flickering this way and that, but it still managed to look somewhat natural. He, unlike the other guy, didn't look up, seeming riveted in the magazine he was reading.

Jed still felt the glare of the other man (an understatement), so he sat down in an empty chair, reaching into a small backpack that he'd brought with him. All that was there was a couple of potions, a Pokeball given to him by a friend, several spray-bottles of bug repellant, and...a small blue notebook. He looked at his watch once again. He had a bit more than ten minutes till it was supposed to begin, so he took out a pen, and began to scribble down his thoughts, which he knew he would later convert into song-form.

If I can make this concise, he wrote, and yet keep that ever-elusive abstract element, then I could easily maintain ambiguity, and leave you waiting for the next greatest adventure.

He surveyed it. The words had come to him effortlessly, the way he prefferred them to come, and had taken him less than a minute to write down. He continued, drumming the paper with his fingernails.

So let these spotty recollections accrue,
    in the darkest and dampest of places.
    While I stand behind a tinted window,
    watching moss and lichen expand.

He wrinkled his nose at the image, but decided to keep it the way it was. Writing first, editing later. There wasn't really a point in killing something off when it might be just fine the way it is.

My reflection implodes, sending glass shards into my brain.
    The note I'll end on is twice as happy as yours ever were.

Jed was getting into it now, scrawling words madly in between the lines.

It's easy to be the ugliest creature underwater
    when you don't have the sense to find your reflection.
    You always hear talk of the seas that are green,
    but the further you sink, the blacker they seem.

He looked at the lines with approval. He could finish it some other time, but for now, he might as well put it away. Then Jed glanced around him, noting that another kid had wandered in, passing out in a chair. He had dirty blond hair and his mouth was gaping open, snoring noiselessly.

The door to the lab opened suddenly, and a kid walked in slowly but purposefully, glancing around and meeting everyone's eyes. He looked fairly muscular, with rather punk-esque hair, spiky black and greasy, and he had baggy jeans and a black t-shirt. He might be slightly shorter than Jed, but he stood up so straight that it was hard to tell. He had the air of a self-declared bad-egg, one that might not be the best person to get in a fight with, but he didn't seem overly hostile.

That was about the time something strange and utterly unexpected happened. The man-kid that Jed had attracted stares from before got up, and immediately removed all of his top clothing. Jed blinked rapidly, but chose not to say anything. Scars and tattoos lined the man's body...or was it a painting? Jed wasn't sure that he wanted to know. Then, he clasped his hands together, closing his eyes, and performed some odd prayer-like ritual. Jed continued to stare, but made no noise. Man-boy then put back on his shirt and jacket, before getting a cup of coffee, returning promptly to his previous spot as if nothing had happened.

Jed checked his watch. It was right at eight now. The pokemon-granting had to be starting soon. Jed was by no-means a selfish kid, but he was almost mind-numbingly eager at this point, and wanted the professor to start giving them all the Pokemon now. The others could get theirs later, it wouldn't hurt...right? Jed admitted that he was being extremely impatient right now, but he really, really, REALLY couldn't wait to get his very own, legitimate, super-amazing Pokemon.

Jed sighed, shaking his hair out of his eyes and glancing around him. Well, it can't really hurt to make an impression on these fellas right now, can it? he thought to himself, standing up.

"Hey there," he said, putting on a wide smile. "How's it going? I'm Jed by the way. I figure, we'll probably be seeing each other a lot in the future, so we might as well get to know each other. Anyone else want to introduce themselves?"

Last edited:

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
  • CHAPTER 2- A FRIEND FOR LIFE

Finally, precise 8.00 A.M, Professor Orchard appears in the doorway. Everyone falls silent at the sight of the short, squat man in a lab coat, with apple-red cheeks and bushy brown hair. He smiles warmly to you, coughs, then speaks friendly to you.

"Welcome, my friends! Today is no doubt a big day to you- I must confess I hardly slept tonight. Not only is it your turn to recieve a Pokémon today, but it is also the 25th anniverary for this great event. As such you will find that the starters I will give you are rare and exotic here in Chunao. I have traveled far and wide to find something special for you on your first day as a Pokémon Trainer. With your new companion, yoou will be able to travel Chunao, capture and train new Pokémon, as well as challenging our Gyms. The first gym most trainers head for is located in Lazuli Town. Perhaps one of you will be or next Champion?"

The prof chuckles, then pulls up something that looks like a smooth, oval box in red and black. Flipping it up, he reveals a screnn and a panel of buttons. "In addition to your starter you will recieve the newest version of the Chunao Pokédex. It is very advanced, and has all of the new featuresMove chacker, waterproof and all sorts of stuff. It even comes in all colours, so you can have your favourite A valuable tool for you indeed. You will also recieve five Pokéballs so that you can start looking for new partners right away. Now-"

He pauses for the dramatic effect. "Many of you has probably wondered why I give you the starters so early this year. The reason is simple- I thought you, like me hate to wait. All right, come on in! One at a time, please..."

READ: In this chapter you get your starter, dex and Pokéballs, before preparing for your journey and taking your first steps out of Rockpoint town. Perhaps you find yourself a human friend along the way? Please get in and out of the lab in your first posts so that others won't have to wait for you. Thanks.

EDIT: As we *cough*finally*cough* have an OOC thread now, let's keep the OOC talk there, hm?

Last edited:

Foo Fighter

Even in the face of death...
    Years
  • Rob awoke slowly to the sounds of Professor Orchard's speech, he stirred himself up and yawned. It seemed as if a couple people would be late to for the pokemon.

Heh, the early pidgey gets the caterpie...

Rob hurried to the Pokeballs and picked a lime green Pokedex. He checked the screen for a couple seconds, admiring the beautifully high tech design, before slipping it away into his pocket. He grabbed the five pokeballs given to him and put them on his belt buckle, ready in case a surprise pokemon tried to get away. The others had begun getting up now making their ways toward the starters so ROb got out of the lab to give them their space.

"Oh, thats right..." he mubled.

Rob turned around and shouted back into the lab, "Thanks Professor Orchard! Won't let you down!"

Rob could barely make out his hand waving as the other trainers began converging on their new starters.

Rob smiled and took the pokeball containing his new starter in hand. He released the pokemon smoothly like he'd been practicing. Releasing his new starter. Rob's eyes widened, he quickly scanned the pokemon,

Slugma, the lava pokemon. A common sight in volcanic areas, it slowly slithers around in a constant search for warm places.

Rob flipped his pokedex and slipped it into his pocket. He knelt down beside the Slugma, examining his new friend.

"Sooo..." Rob mumbled,

The Slugma cocked its head, and peered back at Rob with big black eyes. Slugma cooed softly as Rob patted him and the two gazed out toward the exit of rockpoint. Sitting on a fence near the lab, though, there seemed to be another boy with a fox like pokemon in tow.

"Well, maybe he's waiting on somebody?" Rob pondered.

Robert peeked back in the Lab, people were still getting their starters. Rob walked over to the boy,

"Hey, my names' Robert, er, Rob, Derringer. Hows it goin'?"

The Gaurdian

Years
  • Uolf was about into his third swig of coffie when the Professor walked in and gave some short lecture and revield a shiny box. After watching to other people dive in for their pokemon he got up and walked in.

After walking over to the man he looked at the pokeballs, grabed five and grabed a dark green pokedex, then after getting his starter from the older gentelman, who commented on his new start, he walked back through the lab before turning to the kid that still sat there, scribbling away into a blue notebook, "Hey, Jed, my name is Uolf, and you might want to get going." he said, his rough voice made Jed jump a bit. By the time Jed even looked up he was out the door and saw that the other two were talking, their pokemon looked as if they were going to kill each other.

Uolf released his starter, to watch five egg like pokemon phase in front of him. He stared at the group, who was bouncing after each other, as they made their way around him. Uolf grabed the Pokedex and it was off...

Uolf walked over to the other two, the five little eggs hoping along after him, "Hey, do ether of you know how to turn this doo-dad on?" he asked one of them. The egg pokemon stoped behind him and looked out from behind ether of Uolfs legs, before they swarmed an Eevee, one of few pokemon Uolf knew about. They laughed and giggled as they hopped onto the stone fence and hopped along before coming back, but it seemed to him that they wouldn't leave more than five feet of each other... He could get use to that. He turned back to the other two, "I didn't know there was a five in one deal." he grunted.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2010
    It was nearing midnight. Jake had tried but he did not seem to get a wink of sleep. He lay there in bed, eyes open, thinking about tomorrow. He was extremely nervous, since he was getting his first pokemon tommorow. Many questions swirled through his head like a deadly tornado. What was the professor like? What did he look like? what pokemon would he get? And What type? All of this was uknown to Jake, and it made him that much more nervous. After countless hours of lying in bed, wide awake, he went downstairs to get a bowl of cereal.

His Adoptive mom came down, suprised to see her son sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal. "Well, your up awfully early," said his mom. "Well, what did you expect?" said Jake with a smirk. "So what pokemon do you hope to get?" Asked his mother, walking over to the sink to wash dishes. "I don't care really..." said Jake, with a mothful of cereal. "Dont talk with your mouth full," Jakes mom replied back. But in his mind, he knew he wanted a water type. There was something about water types that has always he liked.

On his way to the lab, he became nervous again. the questions came back, and he was sweating. But there was also a feeling That Jake couldn't resist. It was excitement. Before he knew it he was running toward the professors lab at full speed.

When he got there,many other trainer were there. He impatiantly waited at the entrance, waiting to get his very first pokemon, and be one step closer to finding his real mother.

punkforlife93

Mudpimp
    Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2011
    Jed looked up from his book as the Professor – Professor Orchard, Jed recalled – walked into the room where they all sat. Jed glanced at his watch, noting that he was eerily on time. The first thought that ran through Jed's mind was that the man somewhat resembled…Santa Claus? Well, it was true. The rosy red cheeks and horde of messy brown hair did seem to bring that image to mind. Once he was older and the hair turned white – who knows, he might have some other profession.

Jed did his best to focus back on the professor.

"Welcome, my friends! Today is no doubt a big day to you - I must confess I hardly slept tonight." Jed could sympathize. "Not only is it your turn to receive a Pokémon today, but it is also the 25th anniversary for this great event. As such you will find that the starters I will give you are rare and exotic here in Chunao. I have traveled far and wide to find something special for you on your first day as a Pokémon Trainer. With your new companion, you will be able to travel Chunao, capture and train new Pokémon, as well as challenging our Gyms. The first gym most trainers head for is located in Lazuli Town. Perhaps one of you will be our next Champion?"

The idea was exciting Jed more by the minute. Rare Pokemon? A chance to be the champion of the entire league, even? While Jed knew that Trainers aspired to this, he never realized how much more intense it would seem hearing it out loud.

"In addition to your starter you will receive the newest version of the Chunao Pokédex. It is very advanced, and has all of the new features Move checker, waterproof and all sorts of stuff. It even comes in all colors, so you can have your favorite; a valuable tool for you indeed. You will also receive five Pokéballs so that you can start looking for new partners right away. Now-"

There was an odd pause. Jed was on the edge of his seat, practically.

"Many of you have probably wondered why I give you the starters so early this year. The reason is simple- I thought you, like me hate to wait. All right, come on in! One at a time, please..."

Jed was the last one to meet the professor. His hands were jammed into his pockets in a vain effort to stop them from twitching sporadically. He looked up into the Professor's kind eyes, but was struck by something else in there – not his youthfulness, not his compassion – but a hidden strength.

"Here you are, then," said the Professor. It seemed a bit anticlimactic, but Jed took the Pokeball with just as much enthusiasm, feeling the strange warmth of the metallic object. He glanced at the Pokedex collection that the Professor had, and noticed that the purple one was still there. It's like destiny, Jed reminisced, fighting a smile. After he had gathered up the five Pokeballs from the Professor and the Pokedex, he left out into the open air, a good fifty feet or so away from the others, who looked ecstatic at their new partners in battle.

Once he had found what looked like a good enough place to test out his Pokemon, Jed licked his lips, then tossed the Pokeball skidding to the ground. There was a flash of brilliant white light, and Jed squinted, determined not to blink and miss anything. His mouth widened until it resembled an "O" as he saw the creature in front of him. He'd seen it many times before, and knew just how powerful the little guy was, but it still looked like a cute little yellow mouse to him.

The Pikachu looked at him expectantly, his cheeks glowing with electricity. Jed's heart seemed like it would explode from the heavy beating on his chest, but he managed to contain himself. He took a deep breath and looked at the Pokemon, waiting for something perhaps. But the lethargic guy yawned, clearly over the initial surprise, and laid on the ground. Jed scratched his neck, talking absentmindedly.

"Well," he said, "I'm really excited to be going off and doing this finally. I mean, it's been such an aspiration of mine, and now I'm finally...eh..." he trailed off as Pikachu started to snore quietly, his stomach inflating and deflating slowly.

Jed sighed.

"Go figure. I get an awesome Pokemon, and it's lazier than me." He bent down to pick up the Pikachu and found that he was surprisingly light. He didn't even budge when Jed did so, and Jed carried him off in the general direction of Route 1, thinking hard. "Well, you're lazy, so I guess that you're a bit of a couch potato. I can't think of a name for you yet, but don't worry, I will."

The Gaurdian

Years
  • Uolf looked around to see that only one more kid was left, some late guy who came in and was waiting. He had memorized how to turn on the strange device. He questioned the machine's worth, but still he felt like waiting for some reason, it just felt like he should wait for some one else...

So he sat next to the kid who showed him how to work his strange machine and pulled out his only idem of value, his harmonaca. Ah, the shiny gold casing and poped open to allow the silver harmonaca to shine in the sunlight of the morning sun. He plucked it out carefully, and brought it to his lips.

And he begain a tune, it was a sad tune but one that he knew by heart, it was a story of the fallen, a story of the forgotton. After a few seconds he removed the intrument from his lips and sung.

As down the glen one Easter morn to a city fair rode I
    There Armed lines of marching men in squadrons passed me by
    No pipe did hum nor battle drum did sound it's dread tatoo
    But the Angelus bell o'er the Liffey swell rang out through the foggy dew

Uolf, begain to play his instrument once more, but only for a few seconds before contuning the tale that would make even the strongest of men cry, he was close to it, but not yet there.

Right proudly high over Rockpoint Town they hung out the flag of war
    'Twas better to die 'neath an Chunoan sky than at Sulva or Sud El Bar
    And from the plains of Royal Meath strong men came hurrying through
    While Johtoia's Huns, with their long range guns sailed in through the foggy dew

He drew back his silver instrument to his lips and humed once more for a minute or two. But the tale of the forgotton fallen needed to be finshed.

But the bravest fell, and the requiem bell rang mournfully and clear,
    For those who died that Eastertide in the springing of the year.
    And the world did gaze, in deep amaze, at those fearless men, but few.
    Who bore the fight that freedom's light might shine through the foggy dew.

He played a bit sadder tune before contuning now. tears nearly welled up in his eyes to hear the song again, but it was an important peace of history, of long before when Johto had tried to make an empire, and only the small nation of Chunao resisted.

Ah, back through the glen I rode again and my heart with grief was sore
    For I parted then with valiant men whom I never shall see more
    But to and fro in my dreams I go and I'd kneel and pray for you,
    For slavery fled, O glorious dead, When you fell in the foggy dew.

He pulled away from the song and played the last verse on his small instrument. After the deed was done he returned it to its case before putting it back in his bag and staring off into the sky.

(Foggy Dew, by the Chieftians. but I kinda altered it...)​

Neiko Star

Dancing rain
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2012
    Chapter One: The First Step

Sandra panted heavily, clutching her sides. She had just ran all the way from her city to Rockpoint Town, having made sure to tread in every puddle and in every single dirt ditch along the road. It felt excruciatingly good to have mud smeared all over her sandals and feet without anyone scolding her. She glanced down, wriggling her dirty toes. She remembered she had also bounced into a large pool of muddy water, so now both her shirt and her ragged, satisfyingly cut-up jeans were streaked with dark brown. Oh well. She would just have to change them.

She took a deep breath. The freedom was exhilarating. No more curtseys, no more nagging teachers, no more curfews. She felt like Sandrilene Goldenflower was born anew.

No, I'm Sandra now, she reminded herself. She had always wanted a nickname, or a break from her boring, lady-like real name, but of course, her parents had not permitted it.

It isn't lady-like! Nicknames are too...! she imitated her parents in her head. Too what? Down to earth?

She knew her parents did love her though, deep down. But she only wished they would love her the way she was. It would be so much simpler that way. Not to mention a lot less expensive. She rolled her eyes as she thought about the critical amount of money that would normally cause an economical crisis her parents payed for her education. And right now they might be sending search parties everywhere for her, wasting tons and tons of money...

She slapped her face, shaking her head vigorously. Now's not the time to think about that! I have to hurry and find Professor Orchard's lab.

She glanced around, her eyes scanning the town for any sign of the lab. Her gaze fell upon a battered, wooden sign at the corner of the dirt-trodden street. She squinted, trying to make out its bumpy, uneven writing.

PRoFessor Orchard ' s LAboRatory (THat WaY)

Besides it was a wobbily-carved arrow. The sign was handmade, and not by a professional wood-worker either. But she liked it. It was a nice, humble sign that seemed to stick out proudly even when it was standing crookedly, barely pushed into the ground. It showed that you didn't need to be perfect as long as you put your effort in it. Too bad her parents didn't learn that at school. It would have made her life a lot easier.

She followed the arrow and found herself on a small trail. The ground was covered in pebbles and sharp stones poked out of the earth, with tiny weeds growing in the cracks. Sandra took off her shoes and made her way up the trail barefooted, careful not to step on any potientally dangerous objects.

Oh, wait, she thought. I'm a normal girl now, aren't I? I should say, "sharp pointy stuff", not things like "lethal and highly hazardous subsrances". Though it might be funny to say things like that once in a while.

Small trees grew on either side of the path. Most of them apple trees, she observed. The deeper she went, the more she noticed that the grass was neatly trimmed and that there were no more weeds protruding from the rocks, which, in their turn, shifted from cracked, untidy pieces of rock to smooth, white stone.

I must be getting close to the lab, she remarked. I wonder if all this is their propriety?

Suddenly, she tripped. It must have been a loose piece of stone or something, but she didn't know. She slapped the ground with her hands, sending an electric jolt up her arms. She knelt on the ground, massaging her sore upper-arms. Now to think of it, she had ran the whole night, and the morning as well. Desperation, stress, and excitement had given her the need and endurance. But now that everywhere in her body ached, she regretted it deeply.

There was a sudden ripping sound. She looked down. There was now a four inch-long tear running down the left side of her jean. Sighing, she stood up and was about to open the small duffel bag she had brought with her, when she saw a flash of gold, and her big, old-fashioned watch slipped off her wrist and dropped to the ground with a soft clatter. The strap had given way. She picked it up again and examined it. The hand for the seconds wasn't ticking. It was broken.

Oh well, she thought, stuffing it in her pocket. It was an old one. Aunt Florence gave it to me. I never liked it.

Now she opened her bag. She had brought other clothes with her too. She took out a light summer dress and slipped her torn jeans and dirty shirt in it. She changed quickly, just in case somebody might pass by there. It was unlikely, though. Yesterday and today were the only days Professor Orchard would give out starter Pokemon, and not that many people would drop by at an old man's scientific laboratory just for the fun of it.

Wait a minute...

It was true! Today was the last day the Professor would be giving out free starters! At the speed of light, Sandra yanked out the poster she had put in her bag. It was awfully wrinkled, but she didn't care. Her eyes darted back and forth on the text, searching for the paragraph she was looking for.

There it was! Individuals must present themselves at the laboratory from 12:00 to 3:00 PM. No Pokemon will be handed out after said time. There are no exceptions.

Sandra's stomach lurched. Her blood seemed to turn to ice, and the world around her seemed to stop. Three o'clock...three o'clock...time! Time, time, time, time, time! She dashed madly up and down the path, moving at a speed she didn't even know existed, not caring that her bag was still open, her split jeans that were poking out were flapping in the wind, her clothes flying out and landing on the path, where they would get dirty and would be seen, not caring, the wind blowing her hair in every single direction, her face stinging from the bits of stuff coming from the sky, was it rain, no, maybe it was leaves, no, maybe not, oh, it didn't matter, whatever, agh, TIME!

She put on another burst of speed. Her throat was on fire, her legs aching, her lungs screaming, but she kept on running, desperation was making her go on, oh, there it was, there it was! The gray laboratory, yes, yes, yes, getting closer, closer, and closer--YES!

...or maybe...not...?

SLAM. She crashed into the glass door with such tremendous force that she felt like every bone in her body had been crushed and grinded to pieces. The shock resonated everywhere throughout her body. She fell to the floor, the world spinning around her. After a few moments, she opened her eyes, her vision blurry and covered with spots. She blinked a few times, and to her relief, though she was still badly shaken and wasn't quite conscious of everything, they cleared away. She tried getting up. A stabbing pain spiked up her leg, but that was normal. After all, she did smash into a, rather solid, glass door at the speed of who-knew-how-many kilometers per hour. She tried moving her left hand. It was fine, though it hurt. Well, actually, every part of her body hurt. But...there was this hot, searing pain in her right shoulder. She glanced at it. Nothing seemed to be in it, at least, which was what she had feared. Like a sharp branch puncturing her arm or something. Well, at least it wasn't br--wait. ...what? She tried moving it. An intense, agonizing pain flared as a response. She gulped, fighting back tears. She knew what was wrong.

Her shoulder was broken.

Last edited:

The Gaurdian

Years
  • Uolf had returned his new pokemon, which seamed to have enough energy for all six of them plus him, and it had now been around ten minutes. He had nearly fallen asleep when he felt something, Hokey, and so he opend his eyes. Like a slow motion film he witnessed a girl in a summer dress run into the glass doors of the lab, but as the figer fell it faded away. He pondered it for a moment before feeling something no less than one-hundred yards away.

And of corse, he watched as a girl with hair that looked like hay at the time of harvest, a rich golden brown, wearing a yellow summer dress, run right into the glass doors of the lab. But this time the girl didnt fade as she fell to the ground, and as she tryed to move she yelped out in pain. Uolf jumped to his Jungle Boot covered feet and nearly glided to the girls side. He looked at the arm she had tried to move, and after making his query he blurted out, "Dont worry, everything is going to be okay." he pinched her hand, and she twiched, "Okay so you did feel that, so as I have good news and bad news." he said taking a breath, "Good news is, your arm nor your sholder is broken, though it might feel like it is. Bad news is..." he was looking for the right words, "Screw it, Im sorry." he said coldly as he looked into her eyes, and he poped the girls dislocated sholder back into place. She yelped once more and, with tears forming a small stream down her cheak, she looked at him with wide eyes. "What, if I told you what I was doing you might have had a panic attack, but Im a nice guy at times and I just wanted to tell you the good news. And I said I was sorry before I even did it the deed." He paused and stood, "Alrighty then, your the last of them, though I dont understand why you were in such a hurry, but I'll see you around then." He turned to face the path that she had just come from, and saw clothing spilled out across the dirt path, "Those wouldn't happen to be your cloths now would they?" he questioned before even taking a step.

Vorteld

Lord of the Underworld
    Years
  • CHAPTER 3-

ROUTE 1

Route 1 is a wide open plain, once you get past the hills surronding Rockpoint town. Here and there a bushes, a cluster of trees, a small stream perhaps. Perfect place for rookie trainers

Catchable Pokemon:

-Starly
    -Hopphip
    -Rattata
    -Poochyena (uncommon)
    -Magikarp (fishing)

ShadowDragon~

Dragon King Extra Ordinaire
    Years
  • Seph had been idly leaning back. There were a range of trainers in the room, from a military looking guy, to a sleeping trainer. He glanced up in confusion as one of them started doing a strange ritual, but soon lost interest. There was an eerie silence, for a while nobody talked.

Suddenly somebody started talking, Seph followed the direction of the sound, and saw another trainer close to where he sat down.

"Hey there," he said, putting on a wide smile. "How's it going? I'm Jed by the way. I figure, we'll probably be seeing each other a lot in the future, so we might as well get to know each other. Anyone else want to introduce themselves?" The trainer spoke through the room.

Seph was just about to reply when a short disheveled looking professor walked into the room.

"Welcome, my friends! Today is no doubt a big day to you- I must confess I hardly slept tonight. Not only is it your turn to recieve a Pokémon today, but it is also the 25th anniverary for this great event. As such you will find that the starters I will give you are rare and exotic here in Chunao...."

Seph lost interest and thought about the pokemon he would get. He just hoped it wouldn't be a koffin or a grimer. Well he didn't like wurmples either, but that was another story. He looked up again when he heard the professor talking about some kind of pokedex. It looked cool, and it was supposed to be advanced technology.

He immediately jumped over and grabbed one, it didn't matter which one. It was black..
    ~Lame...~ He sighed. Black wasn't an interesting color, but then he grabbed a pokeball and went outside the lab. Near the entrance he sat down, and he released the pokemon. It was a purple scorpion... ~Awesome!~ The scorpion dashed around him in greeting.

"Ahh, a..." He checked the pokedex. "A scorupi? And female at that." The scorupi seemed to be saying 'duh' and crawled under his chair.

"Uhuh, and a name?" He inquired. Of course the pokemon didn't talk but...

"What about Gaia?" The skorupi apperently thought it was ok.

"Alright then... Gaia, your moves?" He checked the pokedex. "Nice!" He grinned. "Were going to make a great team," he decided. "Now, uhh, let's go?" The scorupi walked ahead, and he quietly followed.

The Gaurdian

Years
  • After gathering the girls things, Uolf left the others to do as they pleased, he felt it was for the better. So he marched briskly off onto route one, or two, he couldn't tell the diffrence. Well its not like he cared or anything, he was just off to see something new, again.

After going down the path for a bit he saw one of the kids from earlier, the one that showed him how to work his PokeDex, the kids Eevee was battling a Starly. He watched how the kid battled, it might prove useful for later, he thought. Then the Eevee knocked out the Starly with one strong Tackle. I'm not impressed. Uolf thought.

The kid started to walk off, so Uolf followed, like the being he named himself after, he stalked the kid down the road. Like a Ninja he followed, he doubted the kid even knew he was there. A bit further down the road the Kid had another run in with a pokemon. Uolf watched this battle. It was slightly more impressing than the one with the Starly, but Uolf still thought the kid could refine his tactics. Then the Kid threw a pokeball, Uolf watched as the kid watched the ball. Uolf snuck up behind the kid and watched the ball over the kids sholder.

"So, what's that thingy supposed to do?" Uolf asked, his voice was much deeper than the kids. "And why are we watching it wiggle?"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back