• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Clancycats gallery! Semi-Real Pokemon!

Years
  • I am new here, and am happy to show what I am doing.
    I just finished one pic, and am working on some others. I focus on making semi-realistic drawings.
    I hope you all enjoy. Keep an eye out for updates! And, I am open to taking suggestions!

Spoiler:

These two are Works in progress, stay tuned to see the finished ones soon!
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • If you've got two more pics, I would suggest adding those; A&D rules request you have at least three pictures to start a gallery. Just a heads up! :)

Your Hydreigon looks fantastic, but I'm a little irked by the proportions in some parts of its body. For example, the wings on the right side seem shorter than those on the left side, and a little too short in general. Its legs also appear a little strange to me, considering Hydreigon actually barely has any legs at all! I would perhaps suggest cutting the legs off at where the knees appear to be, and changing them to the stumps Hydreigon has instead. That, and making the wings a little longer would change this piece dramatically, I feel!

Otherwise, I think he looks really awesome, very much like a mythical beast should!

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    A gallery needs 3 pictures, so I recommend you add 2 more do you not want this one to get closed.

But, that's not the reason I comment. I like the take you have on Hydreigon, but I wouldn't call it semi-realistic. It's certainly a bit more detailed, and grittier, but I don't think it's a 'realistic' interpretation. I really like what you have done with the scales on its face, and his left hand has an awesome pose. One thing I do notice is that proportions seem to be a problem. The left arm seems thinner than the right arm, more so than perspective would allow, although with this dark background it may be the way the black blends over? The legs are also a bit awkward, as they look a bit too human, I feel. They look like they have knees, and feet will be attached, instead of being those weird tail like things that Hydreigon has. It definitely has a lot of potential though!

Years
  • Oh! I will need to hop to it, then. Speed paints, to the rescue! (I thought I read everything. Guess I missed that one.)

Years
  • I wonder, can I put WIPs as placeholders, Or do i need to flesh out two more full drawings? I dont have other pokemon ones on my computer yet.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • You can add WIPs now, and update them later. As long as it's something you've done, you can add it :P

Years
  • I gotta disagree with Ice a little bit and say that I do think your approach to Hydreigon is a rather realistic one :> a lot more realistic than the original style at least!
    I really like the way you drew the scales on its heads :)

One thing I'd add to the others' points is the anatomy of the arms. I guess it depends a bit on whether you want to interpret them as arms or rather as two additional necks. If you want to go for arms, then they're missing joints. Elbows, to be exact. Arms don't just loop around like that, the only point that can bend is the elbow, which should give you a sharper angle than what you have at the moment :>

I'm looking forward to seeing more form you!!

Years
  • Queeniewolf, I interpret Hydreigon to be well.. A hydra; a mulch-headed dragon. While the necks seem to come out where the arms connect to the shoulder, they still flex like they are made with a spinal column, not a rigid bone.

Back