• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Classic B/R/Y versions FTW!

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2016
    I think that no game will replace that same feel that R/B/Y gave you back in the day. I wish I still had Blue... or a Gameboy to play it on. I've still got Red and Yellow lying around, but I can't play them. Oh, sadness.

Shadow Umbreon Xd 002

Shadow. Lord of speed.
    Years
    I recently got a copy of pokemon red and it felt more fun to play then sphire did because of the way the sprites look and how original it is i currently have three badges and my team is Venausau lvl 34, Mew lvl 22 Flareon lvl 27 and pidgeoto lvl 30 i could own Erika if i battled her.

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    I still to this day play my blue and yellow and gold on my gameboy pokemon edition! as well as platinum and all the newer ones I always play my gold

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    of course i remember playing the classics!! i grew up with those!! man i used to play pokemon more than i went to school!! the originals were the best. whenever im bored i play my old red version and suddenly boredom vanishes!!! (unfortunately only for a few hours or so) but ot is still the best option for a boring saturday when there is nothing to drink around the house or everyone is busy...love those old games man..

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    I play my Red and Blue almost as often as Platinum. I'd be playing G/S, but my batteries are dead and haven't gotten around to replacing them.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
    Could someone please answer my question,alright are their any tuts on how to script and such on the metal generation games?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2009
    Just restarted Yellow after finishing LeafGreen and FireRed, have to keep reminding myself that there's no Seveii Islands and the like, love the fact you can get all three starters though. When I played the original, I was the only one who stuck with Pikachu over Pidgey/Pidgeotto which dragged out Pewter
    City Chapter by about a week.

Orginally had Red, adored it and played it for years. a friend gave me a Blue to get some rarer
    Pokemon on so he could sell it for a higher price, ended up just trading the starters and giving
    him a semi-blank catridge with a lot of trade fodder Rattata's and a Pinsir.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    You forgot about Green. :(

Although the originals were and always will be the most epic set of pokémon games ever, it was the fact that every where you turned something went wrong (I ran into the Cinnibar glitch on accident, and at one point I remember fishing in a STATUE!), and the monotony after beating the Elite-4 that keeps me from playing the originals. (I probablly would if I could though, but I lost my blue and yellow versions.)

I never got enough coins to buy Porygon in Blue, which was my final goal for the game.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Of course I remember them, those games were truely the best. I still have Pokemon Blue lying around somewhere in my gameboy. Who could forget how it all started? The original 150! The Kanto Region is awesome. One of my favorites and I know all the original 150 by heart. When I was a kid I could play that game for hours and I still could. I always choose Charmander to get Charizard until I got red, then I went with Squritle which of course evolved eventually into a Blastoise.

JeTz

ジェット
    Years
    My first pokemon game was Pokemon Yellow alongside with my first Gameboy.

I still remembered it was christmas and my mother bought me to the store.

When i had back home, i was addicted to it

Greeneflower

Pikachu Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2023
    I just got Blue from a friend today, it still works.. O.o
    I just beat the first gym, and so far..

I LOVE IT!

Ayselipera

I have Blue and Yellow which I enjoyed playing very much,
    but when it comes to my favorite games it would be G/S/C.

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
    Years
    hahaha
    i still remember that on new year's eve 1999-2000, everyone in my family was celebrating the new MILLENIA, and me and my brother couldn't care less 'cuz we were playing Red and Blue...

hahaha
    GOOD TIMES! :D

Back