• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Claw Fossil and Root Fossil in FireRed

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2016
    Hello, I've added these two fossils in my FireRed hack so the player will be able to get Anorith and Lileep when they reach Cinnabar, but I couldn't make the scientist ressurect them. I know there's a tutorial about doing it for Ruby, but I couldn't understand very well what I was supposed to do.
    Can anybody help me out? I don't know what to do anymore to get it working...

EDIT:
    I found a way to ressurect the fossils, but it's not exactly what I wanted. I will post it here in case somebody else has the same trouble and can't find a solution. I added 2 extra person events inside the lab and wrote a script for each one of them. The script below is for the scientist that ressurects Lileep. It's not with dynamic offsets, but if anybody needs help scripting I can edit it later to help with the dynamic offsets.
    Spoiler:

I hope this can help other people having the same trouble to add Fossils to FireRed. If anybody else has a better solution, please go ahead. I'd really like to have all of them on the same scientist, but this script here will do until there...

Last edited:

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    It might not be as flashy but I just shoehorned all fossil pokemon except Aerodactyl into the tunnels of Mt. Moon after adding some water and expanding the encounter lists to include water and rod.

Years
    Have you tried resurrecting them with the National Pokédex enabled? That could be very much the problem, since the game doesn't accept new Pokémon to show up until you've beaten Elite Four.
    Also, if they are not an option even after you get your National Pokédex, I believe you can just add them as options (since the scientist will do a item check to see what fossils you have) by giving their index numbers to the scientist to check if you have them or not.
    I'm going to try this too, as I want to add Pokémon from Generation IV and some from other Generations.
    For now, I just know it's possible, and actually seem very simple change, theoretically speaking.

Back