• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cloan Club Blog

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I noticed that you said you'd like a review. :)

Layout
    The layout is very clean, but it is subject to the confines of Blogger. This means the layout is very similar to the layouts of many other websites, which hurts the uniqueness of your site. That being said, it is a blog, so it's audience-appropriate, but your site's layout could be far more effective if it was unique.

Despite the fact that you can't make a banner, I would suggest that you either learn or get someone else to make one for you. At first glance, your site does not look Pokémon-oriented, but generic and bland. Images are really your only remedy for this problem.

Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog

Atmosphere
    Your grammar doesn't stick out very much, which is a good sign. You have the odd mistake, like "as far as I'm concerted", but it's not intrusive.

You also have a lot of personality in your blog posts, which is, naturally, a necessity for this kind of site.

Atmosphere is the sort of thing that must be built up over time though. My suggestion here is to continue as you are, and the only reason I award four stars out of five here is because you haven't had the opportunity yet to build up a strong atmosphere. This is, of course, perfectly understandable, seeing as this is a new site.

Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog

Uniqueness
    It's not often you see a Pokémon blog, so you're off to a good start on the originality front. The major stumbling block for originality is that the kinds of ideas you describe are not new, and can often be found on forums, or in the case of information, sites like Serebii or Bulbapedia.

How do you improve your uniqueness? Talk about ideas nobody (or few people) are experts on, or have even thought about. Many Pokémon fans have thought of playing as the bad guy or weaknesses in plot. Some blogs are successful with "series" - that is, you could develop a comprehensive plan for your Team Edition with fresh ideas, or have a series where you point out a weakness in the plot and suggest an original way to improve it. The limit here, ultimately, is your own creativity and imagination.

Luckily, you're running a new site: you have heaps of new areas to explore. Considering how new you are, your originality is quite impressive.

Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog

Informative Content
    Despite your atmosphere and originality, your content lacks. For the most part, it's less an issue of quality, because the quality is certainly there, and more an issue of quantity. Like I've said numerous times, it's a new site, so the lacking quantity is understandable.

I suggest you develop on the series idea to get the necessary depth, so there's less scratching of the surface and more juicy delving into an issue. But mostly, my advice here is to keep writing. Just keep at it, and eventually you'll have a sizable pile of good content.
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog

Interactive Content (not applicable)

Creative Content (not applicable)

Overall

Your site mainly suffers from a lack of content. There are other issues, but this is priority number one. The quality's there, but you need to keep posting everyday, and perhaps even twice a day. On a personal note, I've bookmarked this site. You've impressed me. :)

Also, if you're looking for more followers, a good way would be to put a link in your signature and get out there, on this forum and other Pokémon forums, and start posting. If you post lots and you post well, people will be inclined to click the link and check out your website.

Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog
    Cloan Club Blog

Last edited:

Brocco Guy

Cloan Club Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    So: Get some original stuff.
    Make banner or something.

Got it.

Brocco Guy

Cloan Club Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    Sorry for double posting, but I added pictures and changed some colors. How does it look?

.Seth

.explorer.
    Years
    It looks much better. (b'')b
    The only thing I don't like is the words IN ALL CAPS at the bottom. I can understand with the banner thing, but at the bottom, it looks...a bit tacky.
    That's just my opinion, though.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I agree - it does. Even with just a simple Dugtrio (and certainly made humorous by "The Fancy People's Choice"), the top looks far less barren. :)

Brocco Guy

Cloan Club Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    It looks much better. (b'')b
    The only thing I don't like is the words IN ALL CAPS at the bottom. I can understand with the banner thing, but at the bottom, it looks...a bit tacky.
    That's just my opinion, though.

I put it in regularly. Maybe if I go into the source....

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Definitely looks nice, although I don't know what you hope to achieve with a blog. :/

Brocco Guy

Cloan Club Guy
    Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2009
    Ahem.

I'd like to know what you guys think of the Pokemon Lists and the suits.

Back