• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Clock Feature Question

Derrot

Arr...me be Derrot
    Years
    Last night I started playing Pearl, but realised it still appeared day out... I thought this was just part of the story or something and the time would start changing soon. But it didn't. And then after school today, it's night time on my game! The genius that set my clock confused AM and PM :P

Is it all right to change the clock on my DS to synchronise it with real time? I would have just done that, but in the instruction booklet (yeah, I read them) it says not to change the time or the DS you play on because it will affect how your berries grow. I'm not far enough in the game to have berries. Can I still change the time or am stuck on the other side of the world? :\

Ichida

The Zealous Blue Partizan
    Years
    The time should be set to what it actually is wherever you are, so you should probably change it. It doesn't really change anything too significant.

Derrot

Arr...me be Derrot
    Years
    Okay, thanks :)

But "too significant"? What does it change? Can it really sense you changed it and you didn't just turn it off and turn it back on at a later time?

Derrot

Arr...me be Derrot
    Years
    Harm? What does it do? You guys are scaring me :paranoid: I don't want to mess up my game...

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Don't worry, it doesn't change anything. ;) Feel free to set the correct time on your DS. The only part that starts getting worrying is when you change it for several days, and when you're growing berries. Since you're not doing both, there's absolutely no problem.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Okay so I'm desprite for a Drifloon to be on my team so if I change the setting on my DS to Friday then in the game it will be friday also? PLZ say yes

:t354:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Back