• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Cloning Pokemon, is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maelstrom209

The Voice Inside Your Head
Years
  • I'm an old school Pokemon player so I'm not really up to speed with all the new stuff that you can do in R/S/LG/FR. In the old games of G/S/C/R/B/Y, you could clone Pokemon thru trading. I don't know if you guys remember that. I was curious as to whether or not cloning can be done with the new games?

After having read the thread about bad eggs, I became discouraged from trying any cheats since it would increase my chance of corrupting the game. I want to try cloning but do not want to if no one else has done it successfully. Technically cloning a Pokemon is really a cheat since a device isn't used, correct? Anyway, I was curious as to whether or not it can be done. If not, I guess there's always breeding.

corinnepkmn

I'm a pokemon!
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure you can trade to colosseum and COPY your save file to another memory card. Then you will have that pokemon, along with a completed colosseum game, on both memory cards. and of course then you can trade it with your FR/LG. (The 2 pokemon will be totally identical, though, so you shouldn't name them.)
    Sorry if my post should go in the gamecube forum, I'll put more if I'm right XD

maelstrom209

The Voice Inside Your Head
    Years
  • Okay, that's pretty interesting. I remember in G/S/C that they don't really tell you when they save the game but I managed to estimate about where it'll happen. At least if I can save an entire game via Coliseum, it won't be too bad.

Years
  • It's possible, but you need to have perfect timing.Me personally have only done it twice, i didn't feel like sitting there for the mass amount of time i takes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back