• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Cloning with AR = Hacking?

Is cloning with an Action Replay 'Hacking'?

• Yes,you shouldn't use a cheating device to do anything.

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • No,cloning is just a way to help players.It doesn't matter what you clone with.

Votes: 22 68.8%

• Total voters

Darkrai Lv X

Sleep...Sleep...
    Years
    What do you think about this problem facing the PC forum? Do you think that Cloning a Pokemon using an AR is considered 'Hacking'?

I don't.You can clone the Pokemon anyway,and if you have a Pokemon with the classic ribbon to clone,well,I don't see the difference between the AR and GTS cloning trick.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    GTS clongin is a glitch and is accepted by most people on the forums,
    however AR cloning is sort of the same thing. i prefer AR since its faster and easier to do however not everyone is with this opinion

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    Well... If you mean emerald, I guess it's superfluous.

But AR use is considered hacking by most people :x

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    Well... If you mean emerald, I guess it's superfluous.

But AR use is considered hacking by most people :x

when i used to trade over at the wireless trade section, most people accepted AR cloned pokemon and they tend to trade AR pokemon, so i see why its considered hacking =/

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I don't consider it hacking, all it is doing is giving you more of what you've already gotten without hacking.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2009
    when i used to trade over at the wireless trade section, most people accepted AR cloned pokemon and they tend to trade AR pokemon, so i see why its considered hacking =/

I just always thought people considered AR to be hacking if you use it anyways. Iono, I don't have one lol.

Crystal Shaymin

~Blown Away on the Winds~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    no, because if AR cloning wasn't allowed, then trade threads wouldn't exist, because you would trade one event for another, then trade another fot the one you traded, so its neverending.

Anyways, No i don't consider it hacking, and its safer than the GTS because you don't run the risk of getting your pokemon taken.

Years
    Technically, It is hacking. However, i don't think it is, you aren't changing any of the stats, movesets, abilities or IV's. The only advantage of doing it is maybe to have different versions of it, for example, a attacking and special attack form.
    It doesn't hinder your opponent in a battle because most matches only allow one of each pokemon.
    So i don't think it is.

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
    Using AR isn't hacking! It's cheating!

Cheating only modifies minor things such as your name, what Pokemon you can get,etc.

Hacking actually goes deeper and ultimately changes your game such as pallet changes, different plots.

REMEMBER
    Cheating=AR and Gameshark=Handheld Games
    Hacking=ROM Games.

.......`Nuff said

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    I dont think it is, you wont know the difference from GTS, Emerald, or AR cloning...

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
    AR is fine I reckon but people making events with out classic ribbion or how wever they do it?? lol Roms whatever yup thats hacking and not Legit while AR/GTS is Legit its just a damn clone same thing, maybe it makes rare Event pokemon not rare as you can do loads of clones but yea whatever thats my opinion lol

Sacrifar

ITS GONNA EAT YOU!!!!!
    Years
    GTS clongin is a glitch and is accepted by most people on the forums,
    however AR cloning is sort of the same thing. i prefer AR since its faster and easier to do however not everyone is with this opinion

yes it is the fastest way to clone

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with AR cloning. The only difference between that and GTS cloning is that with AR, it's possible to clone event Pokémon and that it's overall way more convenient and faster - neither way of duplicating a Pokémon was intended by Nintendo so I honestly don't see the difference. GTS cloning exploits a glitch in the game's coding, AR cloning can produce the same results much faster and more conveniently and there is absolutely no difference between a GTS clone and an AR clone. A Pokémon cloned with the GTS glitch is no more legit than one cloned using an Action Replay so I seriously don't understand why AR cloning would be any more wrong than GTS cloning. Soon people are probably going to start whining about how using the IV check code for the Action Replay is immoral in some way.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    While AR Cloning is an Easy and Quick way to clone pokemon, any pokemon created from it is really not legit because AR Clones are missing some data that is normally present in Normal Pokemon. R4 and Glitch Clone Pokemon do have this data since they are a complete copy of the pokemon since R4 completely copies the entire save file while GTS Cloning is basically just a Back Up Copy of the pokemon incase there are connection failures. AR Clones are new pokemon that match the original in almost every aspect but without certain data inside.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    While AR Cloning is an Easy and Quick way to clone pokemon, any pokemon created from it is really not legit because AR Clones are missing some data that is normally present in Normal Pokemon. R4 and Glitch Clone Pokemon do have this data since they are a complete copy of the pokemon since R4 completely copies the entire save file while GTS Cloning is basically just a Back Up Copy of the pokemon incase there are connection failures. AR Clones are new pokemon that match the original in almost every aspect but without certain data inside.
    Do you have any proof to back up this statement?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    AR cloning is a quicker way to clone yes, but it is still cheating and a way to help players win. I don't like it and a few people on here don't either I don't think.

Back