• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: [CLOSED] Map Making Competition - March 2015 [VOTING]

Map Making Competition - March 2015 [VOTING]

• 1. Sniper

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • 2. GoldenKHRP

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 3. TheRealOCD

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • 4. Johto_legend

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • 5. laflacapkm

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • 6. CosmicBlazer

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
Years
  • Welcome to March's Voting Round!

Rules:

· You may only vote once per month.
    · Asking or bribing others to vote for your map, will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Creating new accounts to vote will be dealt with accordingly.
    · Voting via the thread is not counted, only votes via the poll count.

Maps:

1. Sniper
    Map name: Brine Route
    Comments: I like the tiles. Mostly the beach and sea tiles from WesleyFG. What didn't stand out much is that too darken trees ):
    Credits: WesleyFG
    Spoiler:

2. GoldenKHRP
    Map name: route 203
    Rom base: Fire Red
    Comments: This route connects two towns together. One on the eastern side and one up north. The player enters the route from the town up north. The map itself can be split in two different sections which are connected by a cave. The player can only pass the cave with the Rocksmash HM which will be obtainable in the previous town. (After a GYM battle of course)
    Credits: I used some tiles from other mappers, see credits. I also changed the pallets and some of the tiles a bit. Credits to Alistair and ChaoticCherryCake (ChaoticCherryCake used tiles from a lot of different mappers. A complete list can be found here
    Spoiler:

3. TheRealOCD
    Map Name: Ver Pathway
    Comments: I called it "Ver Pathway" because the word "Spring" comes from the Latin word "Ver" which means Spring!
    Credits: Dante, Seiyouh, Pey!, Shawn Frost, Zein, Zeo, E.C
    Spoiler:

4. Johto_legend
    Map Name: Route 1
    Comments: I went for a very simplistic look, but with a fair amount of detail with flowers/bushes/signs.
    Credits: Nintendo
    Spoiler:

5. laflacapkm
    Map Name: Route 4
    Comments: I'm doing a Kanto Remake, so, i've decided to change some maps, an i think, looks fine.
    Credits: KAPPONE, Redex, Zein, Nintendo
    Spoiler:

6. ComicBlazer
    Map Name: Route 1
    Comments: Just something I put together. I wished there was triple tile layer though. Ignore some of the tile errors. I apologize guys.
    Credits: FM, Javs, Magiscarf, Zein
    Spoiler:

So, Pick your favorite map!

April's Entry thread: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=347221

Last edited:
    Years
  • I voted for yours. Honestly, I was thinking whether I should vote for yours, Johto_Legend's and Sniper's. But, the tiles and the mapping style got the best of me! Well, done!

Dionen

deprived of sleep
    Years
  • GoldenKHRP
    His route is the most unique here.
    I like the shape of it, and the use of mountains.
    There are some flaws, such as almost no wild grass, and some weird rock/sea transitions, but even with it the map remains the most original.

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I voted for yours. Honestly, I was thinking whether I should vote for yours, Johto_Legend's and Sniper's. But, the tiles and the mapping style got the best of me! Well, done!

GoldenKHRP
    His route is the most unique here.
    I like the shape of it, and the use of mountains.
    There are some flaws, such as almost no wild grass, and some weird rock/sea transitions, but even with it the map remains the most original.

I voted laflacapkm as I felt it was the most original and I liked the sandy tiles they used. GoldenKHRP's was nice but too large and sparse imo.

Thanks for all of your votes!

Only 6 more days to vote!

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2016
    I liked GoldenKHRP's map the most.It has an amaizing mountain shape,the grass is nicely positioned.There are a few places where grass can be placed,but it's ok.TheRealOCD,I'm waiting for April's Entry thread,because I want to participate ^_^

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I liked GoldenKHRP's map the most.It has an amaizing mountain shape,the grass is nicely positioned.There are a few places where grass can be placed,but it's ok.TheRealOCD,I'm waiting for April's Entry thread,because I want to participate ^_^

It will be posted on Saturday!

E.C.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2021
    I voted for laflacapkm because of the nice color choices and tiles, and of course the mapping.

~SAGE

Peruvian Rom Hacker
    Years
  • Thank u all very much! :D
    i'm so happy :'D

please guys keep participating on the contests
    thank u @TheRealOCD 4 the great moderation
    Cya later ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back