• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Collecting Pokemon Merchandise

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
    Do any of you collection pokemon merchandise?

I'll admit I've got quite a habit of it, though believe it or not, not as bad as some - I actually collect other things apart from pokemon. ;)

Here's the top of my pokemon shelf:

The middle/lower tiers of my shelf:

And a close-up of some of the smaller figures:

I primarily collect umbreon, shaymin sky forme, glaceon and gizamimi pichu, since that's about all I can afford to keep up with (and even still, I certainly don't buy everything.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    You beat me to posting a thread like this! ♥

I'll definitely put some before/after pictures up of my Mew collection once my newest items come in... I believe I'm expecting 15 packages or something ridiculous like that within the next couple of days/weeks.

I'm sure I've said it a bunch of times over at pkmncollectors, but I adore your collection. So cute~

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I have over 100 Pokemon dolls, my newest member of the Lewis Clan is My Whiscash doll that I got last Thursday at the Nintendo store for 19.50 -.-". I have 50 + toys of Pokemon. I have that same Shaymin doll (the skye forme)

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    You should upload a picture, Queen Boo! I love looking at others' Pokemon collections -- it gives me inspiration.

The Whiscash plush in Nintendo World is simply adorable -- I may be heading to NW soon, and I'm debating on picking it up or not. I try to restrict my Pokemon-related purchases to only the Pokemon I collect (which are Mew and Charmander, currently), but that Whiscash looks oh-so huggable!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    yay more pkmncollectors. C: I mainly collect Cherrim, Pichu (and Gizamimi Pichu ♥) and Nosepass/Probopass. With a bit of Palkia, Jigglypuff and Pikachu on the side.

I don't have any recent photos (aside from my Gizamimi collection) but very old ones are in my gallery here. I've been meaning to take proper collection pictures for YEARS now but I'm so, so lazy. And every time I go to do it, I've always got lots of stuff in the mail so I hold off and hold off and... aah. *checks hard drive* I guess I've got these even though they're still a bit dated (even though they're only from May XD).

There's... most of my collection. Still missing a fair bit in this picture though, including a grail or two. @_@ I'll have to take better pictures when I rearrange everything. I guess I'll do that Monday or something. Maybe. XD;

I guess I've also got my Cherrim collection--or most of it. XD; The attack kid came from Gin recently and I got some stamps, keychains, my cube plush (aaaah grail omg <3) that I haven't decided what to do with yet and some more coming in the mail and... haha okay this isn't up to date at all either.

I'm heading to Nintendo World again on Friday... and I'm really hoping they have a better selection of Pokedolls this time than they did last time I was there (in August). Last time they had Grimer, Igglybuff, Mime Jr., Bonsly, etc. Nothing I had any interest in. Then like a month later someone went and came back with pictures of all these Pichu, legendaries, and impressive selections. Omg I was so sad ahaha. Hoping for something good this time though. ♥

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
    Very nice, Lightning! :D Glad to see another Gizamimi collector. <3

I wish I had a better way of organizing my pokemon stuff - I'm envious of how yours is laid out like that! I just don't have the surface area to do so, though. =/

Cherrim

Years
    I didn't even like Gizamimi Pichu at first. D8 I thought she looked weird but decided I'd probably collect her anyway just because she was Pichu (and that's always been my main collection) but then somewhere in there I just fell in love and now I think she's just... sdkljflksfs so cute omg. ;~;

I had a pretty empty dresser top and once my collection got a bit "out of hand" I just... migrated all of it to the top and it worked out so well! I really need to come up with a better way to display some of my plush though since right now they're mostly just... all over my room. I hear hammocks work well but I wouldn't even know where to look for one. ._.

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
    I have silly, personal reasons for liking Gizamimi so much, and of course as a result, a collection was born. ;)

My room is very, very small, with the bed taking up the bulk of it, so I don't think I'll be getting anymore storage space anytime soon. I know Gin swears by hammocks, which they sell at Ikea, but I'm not sure where I could even hang one in my room. =/ (By the way, I'm curious who you are on collectors, now. XD)

Cherrim

Years
    Silly personal reasons are the best kinds of collections. :P

I have to be very selective of what I take with me when I head off to university since my room is always so much smaller there. ><; There's barely room for me and my school stuff, let alone all the Pokemon I wanna take with me. ;; I love Gin's hammocks but they seem like they'd be kinda hard to put up and I haven't even seen them at Ikea any of the times I've been recently. D:

I'm a lurker who.. just kinda buys stuff. Been there since before pkmncollectors even split off from the main Pokemon community but I think I've only ever posted to it once. XD; I'm cherubi on LJ, at any rate. :'D

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
    Aha, I was wondering! I didn't recognize your collection photos, but it was clear that you'd heard of pkmncollectors.

I'm lineaalba there, the lesser-known mod. ;)

The only place I could put the hammock would be over my husband's side of the bed, which wouldn't work out too well, I think. XD; Even if it was over my head, though, I wouldn't want them accidentally falling on me at night.

Cherrim

Years
    Aaah omg I didn't make the connection. XD; orz I totally know you then. (b' ')b

Plushies falling on you is a horrible (though luckily not painful) way to wake up. But another thing with the hammocks is... I like having my plush easily accessible because I just like having them near. I'm one of the people who cuts the hang tags off because they get in the way of cuddle tiem haha, so getting up on a chair to pull one down or something would be really out of the way. I guess it's unsightly to have plushies all over my bedroom but it... is convenient. XD;

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
    I tend to cut off the tags of the ones I know I'll never be selling, or the ones that wind up on my bed.

I, too, like having my plush easily accessible - come to think of it, if they were up in a hammock, I think I might be less likely to touch them at all, since I'd worry about their placement getting messed up or otherwise disturbed somehow. XD; Probably wouldn't work out too well for me, either.

I'm currently lucky in that though I am going to college, I'm not in a position where I have to live in a dorm, though eventually we'll have to get our own living space when I go to grad school (probably not a dorm again, due to our pets), so I should be able to take it all with me.

I've also got a large amount of books in my room, so that also nixes the potential space for plushies, but ah, c'est la vie - XD I suppose it'll keep me from getting too many. Maybe. XD

Cherrim

Years
    I've yet to sell any of my collection (though I really do need to weed some of it--I don't even collect some of the things I have merch for and have no idea why I have it XD) so I don't really worry about resale value. Just that tags aren't in the way. 8)

Omg I would be exactly the same way with a hammock. D: I know for some of the plushies I have packed onto my dresser with... unstable figures and the like leaning on them (or other plushies stacked on top), I never take them out because it's so much effort putting them back the way they were. :[ Haha so while I guess a hammock would keep away the clutter I'd be in the same situation.

Well one of my main issues with being in a dorm is... I still had all my larger packages sent home to save room but my parents would just bring them up for me to open anyway... and then I just wouldn't be able to part with whatever plush or figure it ended up being. I think by the end of last term I had a dresser full of small plushies, a huge pile of Pichu at the bottom of my bed, and a bunch of zukan and other figures strewn about my textbooks on the shelf. XD; Like every surface of my tiny dorm room had Pokemon on it. The one housemate I had who actually knew what Pokemon was would always give me such a weird look when he had to step into my room for something, ahaha.

Gizamimi Pichu

The Medic
    Years
    I've forced myself to collection weed due to some college expenses (okay, I went a little overboard with my amount of Shaymin last year. >_>; ), but also out of personal preference (oftentimes I'll think I like a certain piece of merchandise at first, but when I actually get it and have it around my room for awhile, I'll discover I don't like it as much - I discovered this with some of the shaymins I bought, especially since some of the later UFOs were made of cheaper, less-soft material).

Your dorm sounds like it was very crowded. XD Full of pokemon happiness, but crowded. I've never lived in a dorm, but I think unless I got a single, I'd be a little concerned about what my roommate would think of me (if they weren't 'into' it.) Most of my relatives don't really know about my pokemon habit, and my mother certainly doesn't understand it. ^^; But what can I say? I like what I like. ;)

Cherrim

Years
    I'm lucky--both dorms I was assigned to were single rooms in an apartment (then townhouse) with 4 people altogether. So I got my own bedroom and more privacy. I... would probably have only brought like a plushie or two if I'd had a typical in-room roommate. I doubt I'd be overly embarrassed to display my collection at all times but I'm sure my poor roommate more than likely would've been. XD;

Haha, my parents don't get it either. ("We thought you were going to grow out of this Pokémon thing by now!") They deal with it though... and have been quite receptive to the random Pokemon that are slowly spreading through the house. For instance, I think my Probopass plush has been sitting on top of one of our speakers, staring off into the distance for a few months now. Sometimes I'll walk in to see my dad has given him a hat or some other weird accessory. XD

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Hummm let's see, when I was younger, I got a book covering the first movie, as well as a puzzle with all 150 pokemon (with stickers to show the ones you had claimed). And aside from the TCG (I have up to fossil, but the only complete set was the original pack), I don't have anything else.

I did however (as a sort of joke) buy a keychain from a vending machine with friends, and ended up getting Mudkip, I laughed heartily, thinking of the meme.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    OMG SUCH AMAZING COLLECTIONS ;n;
    I lost all of my old pokemon toys

Right noww all i have is my old Gold Mewtwo Card from burger king, a Buneary Figurine, My Giratina figure from preordering platinum, and a sneasel doll
    I used to have the original toy pokedex , tons of pokemon cards, and a mew figure, the all got lost or stolen ;O;

I plan on ordering some Pokemon Center Exclusive dolls i stumbled upon...someday /far off gaze
    I want a Weavile doll, like really bad e_e;;

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    Ahh, Lightning, I had thought that you might be from pkmncollectors based on your last blog post! I'm alekonia/allure_xi on Livejournal -- and I actually might be heading to Nintendo World tomorrow as well. Let's hope they have a good selection for us :)

Unfortunately, I lived in a dorm as well last year, and with the combination of living in a tiny room, having a bunch of college expenses, and not sure about how my roommate would feel, I only ended up bringing a couple of plush and a few figures up to college and pretty much put my Pokemon collecting on a hiatus. Fortunately, I'll be living in an apartment next August with my own room (and with an apartment-mate who likes Pokemon as well!), so my merchandise collecting is in full-swing, and likely will stay that way for a while now.

Always glad to meet fellow pkmncollectors!!

Back