• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen color generation on GBA question.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2008
    Is it possible to trade from one color game to another using GBA's? I have tried to trade from one color to another from a GBA:sp to a GB:color and it wouldn't work. So i was wondering if it was possible to trade from color to color using a GBA sp and a GBA? I have the yellow version and was considering finding used versions of red and blue to finish the pokedex and i was wondering if it would even be possible using my sp and my old gba. its either that or trying to find a used version of one of the metal versions.

any ideas?

thanks.

Archeopterix

Cooltrainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2014
    GBA to GBC won't work; I think it needs to be GBA to GBA or GBC to GBC. Also, be careful when trading. I had an Oddish on my Crystal and a Rattata on my Gold version and I tried to trade them, but it deleted the Oddish (along with the Leaf Stone it was holding) and instead cloned my Pidgeot and my Magneton.

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    you can get it to work it just sometimes works and ometimes doesn't, thats my memory of it at least

Back