• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Coming back to Pokemon

takaharu

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2008
    Back in the good old days, I spent many an hour playing Red, Blue, Gold and Silver till I sold them all.

Recently, I picked up a Gameboy Micro and a copy of Emerald. Just wondering if anyone has some tips for a veteran Pokemon player who hasn't played for at least five years!

What starters are good these days, and anything else I would most likely have missed in my absence from Pkmn!

Last edited:

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    the Micro any good?

anyway... I have Grovyle (Treeko's evolved form), but it's VERY hard... I'd try Mudkip if I were you, seeing as ppl say he the easiest. and in competitive play, Swampert is AMAZING.

also, HAVE A BALANCED TEAM THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME! or you WILL have problems.

Rinku

Is back for "REVENGENCE."
    Years
    Yeah, I started with mudkip. He is actually really good when he evolves into a swampert! I really don't play Emerald anymore due to D/P coming out. LUCARIO 4EVER!!! '-^

^--^);

takaharu

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2008
    the Micro any good?

It's lovely! I couldn't afford a DS Lite, so I figured may as well buy a Micro off eBay. Battery is great, the size if perfect. Highly recommended!

Anyway, thanks for the tips guys. Slowly coming back to me! :)

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I say get Treecko or charmander, but yeah those are good starters. Also try to get some good pokemon on your team later like different types and good stats/natures. ;)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Get Swampert as it's the best in competitive. If you don't want it then Treeko/Scpetile is the next best thing, as it's a monster of a subseeder. You can't get substitute in Ru/Sa though, only emerald I believe, so yeah.

Back