• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(COMPETION) FAKEMON DESIGN CONTEST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Post your fakemons below and please do not copy from other places.

ENd date this end of this week

Any amount of enteries per user

Last edited:

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
    Years
  • Um... what? What are the competition parameters? End date? Rules? Number of entries per user? Is this kind of thing normal to just post a competition or did/do you require mod approval? Are you planning to use our sprites in something(nefarious, even? I'm only partially jesting here...)?

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • It's usually customary to actually provide depth and thought into competitions like these... what are the entries being judged on? What are the details to which the fakemon should be made? And so on? I don't like to sound like a nag but really, a little substance to things is needed before you can just jump in to things. A little planning, thought, a little bit of eloquence to really formalise the whole thing.

I would also recommend contacting Fairy before hand and letting her know you plan to start a competition. This would allow her to assist you in setting up the competition, whether it be adding css to make it look nice or by giving you advice in how to write it out, to not just be a "Do this. Go." type competition. And if she knows you're starting a competition she can highlight it too, by sticking it and putting out an announcement.

But anyway that's just a piece of advice for you.

Reactions: ZKE
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Idk guys I was just treating this like a post your fakemon thread.

ZKE

Not an ounce of maturity.
    Years
  • shrug Okay then.
    Fwlchore -=-=-Kotsuba -=-=-Torphite -=-=-=-Kursima -=-=-=-Lucabys -=-=-Apska -=-Ryuveon

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Okay real quick, let me say some stuff.

There's right now three threads centered around submitting fakemon, which is too many. And none of those threads are going to get adequate attention with the volume here. So, I propose we either merge this thread with the other fakemon contest or close one of them.

As it stands, this thread is the most directionless. As ZKE and Aiden pointed out, it does not have the makings of a contest. I was going to be lenient with it because while directionless it was harmless, however, with the influx of more organized threads doing the same exact thing, I'm less inclined to keep this one open.

UAREMAD, I apologize but due to the above reasons I'm going to close this thread. It's necessary for the survival of the other existing threads. :( If you'd like, you may contact me and talk about it. Sorry man.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back