• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Complete Game Redo

CoGuLaHnE

Hope's Triumph
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2014
    I am interested in changing all of the graphics, moves, maps, and music of one of the 3rd generation games. What is the best combination of editing tools to do this at this moment in time?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Take a look at the Tools, Tutorials and Resources section, there's threads on how to change pretty much anything you mentioned. There are also directory threads there with links to all the basic tools/tutorials you might need.

CoGuLaHnE

Hope's Triumph
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2014
    Okay, thanks. What would be awesome is some sort of ROM hacking super tool. Advance Map was great because it came so close to being this. It's too bad that the latest version was buggy and he (Lu-Ho) doesn't update it anymore.

The reason why I bring this up is because many tools might not be cross compatible. For example, if I change the names of Pokemon in a Pokemon editor, the names probably won't be changed when I am editing wild Pokemon probabilities. The same goes for trainer editors. The names probably won't be changed there.

What would be awesome is one big program. It would have map editing, as well as that setting to move the interactive people and scripts around. Then those people could be further edited directly with what they say and what Pokemon that they battle with.

Then again, I might be getting a bit off-topic here, so I will just stick to the tools that already exist in the tools section, like you mentioned. I know ShinyQuagsire has some amazing looking tools in development, so I can't wait until those are past the developmental stage.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    Well, most tools in the past were developed without considering possible expansion of pokémon, attacks and the like. Most tools nowadays do support this, though.

Back