• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Connecting maps cant work

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    When I used the visual editor to connect some maps, I tested them and it didn't work. How do you fix that. Do you need to play in a new game?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    I can't stress how many times I've heard the phrase, "start a new game", try it, I'm sure you'll like the results.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Also ensure that your maps are connected edge to edge; that is, there are no overlaps anywhere.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2017
    Then you've edited some scripts wrong or you're not connecting the maps correctly, make sure when you "connect the maps" you link the outlines, not the tiles, the outline should become a thick black line as opposed to a slim black line when you first add a map! If you over lap or not close enough strange things happen, like your player disappearing or something!

A screenshot of your connections in the editor may help, along with a screenshot of you in-game.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    It asks 'Save Changes...?' after words, try pressing 'Yes' just incase you didn't read it and skipped it.
    Also, try compiling data.

Years
  • I probably had the same problem. I tried connect maps, but when I test it, I couldn't get to the next map. Today I tried to connect it again and it worked. I don't know what I did wrong before, but maybe it will be the same with you.

Back