• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Consider Arceus legitimate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2011
    Should we consider Arceus legitimate in battles or in trades? I really want to add this one to my team, most logically for it's stats.

Now, Arceus was distributed a few times via Nintendo events so there are some people that have him the fair way but I suppose they're vastly outnumbered by the people who didn't.

I think the majority of Arceus' is illegitimate. Even if it's fairly trade for another high-end Pokemon, the origin of Arceus is still most likely to be found in some R4 savegame editor.

What are your thoughts?

Molts

Novice Breeder
    Years
    If you could use it, would you ever use anything else in any team?

That's why Ubers aren't allowed in standard teams.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    If the kid's just battling for the lulz and not in any tournament or league, I don't see why he should adhere to the rules of standard play. XD

I say go on and use your Arceus, just know that if you do plan to enter a tournament of join a league, it would be banned. :P

Years
    I see no reason why not. It's been released legitimately. Your whole "distributed only a few times" argument can be used to question the legitimate use of any event Pokemon. Why should Arceus be any different?

In-game: Nobody cares how you play the game to that extent.
    Competitive battles: You best be playing in ubers then.

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
    If your asking should you just use it, in any battle like with friends and st00f, then use it if you want to. Its just a Pokemon, just like Typhlosion, or Feralagatr, or Ralts. Its just a collection of pixels on a screen XD.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    He has got a point that no one has it i get screamed at online to get mine and honestly I really hate how they made the ultimant pokemon all types? really? it is nearly impossible to kill him without knowing what tactic he is going with and he has the best stats in the game THE BEST! if you ask me making acrceus was a mistake in the first place... but i still use it when i want to really kick some ones ass so yah go ahead if your using it for fun XD

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Like the majority of users stated, if you're just going to be using Arceus for the fun of it, and not for anything serious, then it wouldn't matter if you choose to use it or not. That will be strictly up to you. However, if you're going to use it in competitive play, then you're looking for more Uber-tier battles. That said, before I go on ahead and lock this, I'll mention that questions like these would generally fit in the Simple Questions thread over at Pokémon Strategies and Movesets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back