• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coolest new feature?

Eli

Years
    • WI
    • Seen Oct 19, 2011
    Jeez, this thread has gotten me so excited for this game. And I though D/P/PL had a lot of features. I CAN'T WAIT

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Definitely the running shoes being on the touch screen.
    I'm so used to holding B, I probably still might do it anyway when playing HeartGold on the Ds.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    It's not the coolest feature, but getting 3 starters from 3 regions in 1 game is definitely an update that only means the future of Pokemon seems great and unlimited.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • One feature that was once overlooked has now come back with a very nice improvement. Daisy is known to give your Pokémon friendly massages which improved the happiness level of your Pokémon before. Now, not only does it include a raise in happiness this time around, but it also increases the Beauty status of your Pokémon all at the same time. Of course this wouldn't be highly recognized by many who play HeartGold or SoulSilver, but when traded back to DPPt, it'll be a handful improvement in Super Contests for those who are interested. Other than Daisy's massages to improve the points of your Pokémon's Beauty status, there is also the Goldenrod Underground where your Pokémon can receive a haircut as well.

This is also a great feature for the Pokémon Feebas as it will allow it to evolve into a Milotic with assurance. Of course, it is said to take up to eight days for maximum beauty, but the massages and haircuts given are a daily event in the game, except they may fall into time of day category. For instance, Daisy only gives massages from 3 to 4 PM everyday. Regardless an old feature improved and definitely a cool addition to the games.

CloudKitteh

Gameboys are MAGICAL!
    Years
  • This thread makes me REALLY excited.

As previously stated, I really like the pokemon following you feature. I can't wait to walk with my Mareep!

slaughter077

Thread is Getting Way Bigger!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2014
    i like the new touchscreen implementations.... pc=so much easier

javad

Twisted Genius
    Years
  • I like a lot of the features like the pokemon following you but the best has to be the GB PLAYER/ I mean DAMMMNNNNN this brings back memories and brings tears to my eyes

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    This game takes place in the Johto Region, and they made it look even better than before. That's the best feature. <3 Greatest Pokemon games I ever played... (the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal)

Chaos Uxie

Spreading Chaos....
    Years
  • l reallly love the follow me feature(i spcially like it when my arceus follows me around)and i also like the eprocon trees and i can recicve three starters in it wohoooooooo oh man i am dying to plzy the eng version (oh man i hat Nintendo sooooooo much)

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • i like the new touchscreen implementations.... pc=so much easier
    Same. At first when I heard the Touch Screen was being heavily implemented on this time around, it was a bit skeptical on how they were going to make it all work. However, seeing it in action and looking at all the old features they put into it, such as the Bike and Running Shoes, makes playing the game all the more worthwhile and easier to experience too. So, what they have done is definitely a neat change and hopefully it'll be brought out more in the near future as well.

I'm probably most pleased now that I just won't have to hold down the "B" Button just to use the Running Shoes when needed.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    Its not so much a certain feature that has me excited rather than the entire experience. The nostalgia is gonna be awesome. I remember putting so much time into the original gold/silver games. The fact that kanto was also included in there blew me away. I cannot wait to get to capture the red gyarados again :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • The Berry Planter Key Item. Yeah, you can only plant 4 at a time but you do not have to travel around 2 regions watering berries. Very convenient.

Eirikir

Water Pokemon Veteran
    Years
  • 1. Pokemon follow you... now if I could just shut it off.
    2. No more berets
    3. IV transfer with power items... my favorite
    4. Crawdaunt w/Dragon Dance
    5. Still no more berets
    6. GSC... I missed Silver, it was my favorite game

Blue Umbreon

Old School Gamer
    Years
  • I love how the menu is on the bottom screen, it saves allot of time, and i also like how your first Pokemon follows you.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I love the pokemon following feature. *imagines the jerks who will have legendaries following them around* =_=

Flat battles should have been included earlier, but late's better than never.

Back