• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Corrupted Save Once Again

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2017
    Once again and for the second time since I bought Sun digitally in the last few months, my save has been corrupted. Both times was a bit of a weird mystery as the first time I just downloaded Pokemon Bank and for no reason when I loaded up the game it said it was corrupted. The second time earlier I re-downloaded Pokemon Yellow to get all gen 1 Pokemon for my Pokemon bank living dex and after loading up the game it had happened again. So frustrating! The first time was a 30 hour save and this time I lost a 80+ hour save.

My other games and Pokemon Oras are fine so I have no idea why this keeps happening. Has this happened to anyone else for no reason after downloading something from the Estore or am I just double unlucky? Luckily I managed to bank every Pokemon from this generation and game so it was not a total loss but I won't be starting Sun again and from now on I think I will be sticking to cartridges for every Pokemon game.

SkySilvally

♡ Worry's only wasted time ♡
    Years
  • I have the cartridge versions of both games, and downloaded Bank yesterday, and nothing like this has happened to me. It must be a digital copy issue.
    I recommend you stick to your idea and switch back to carts...

At least you saved your Pokemon though. :3

Yoni Arousement

PKHeX User
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I've played my digital copy of Moon on a New 3DS, but still have yet for the save to be corrupted. I have downloaded Bank, and have a DS cart inserted.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2017
    It's not a SD card problem either. Sun has been the only game that has corrupted and I formatted it after the first Sun corruption but it has never given me any problems. It must just be some freak occurrence between the Pokemon digital software's. I am done with Sun anyway so no real big loss apart from losing that 80 hour time, easy way to farm stones and an quicker way to breed eggs.

Years
  • Only save data problem I ever heard for these games so far was the Pokemon Center save glitch, but I don't even know if that was a real thing. I have the physical version and I downloaded the bank update the other day and everything seems fine for me and haven't run into any issues at all. I suspect it could be a digital bug only.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2017
    That's what it must be. Pretty annoying but that's life. Cartridges only now like I said.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2017
    Indeed, but going digital is just faster and easier for me. Cartridges for Pokemon games at the least anyway and see if it happens again.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2017
    Something miraculous happened last night. I went to load up ORAS to finish up on some more Pokemon for my living dex and I clicked on the Sun game by accident and it actually loaded up and my file was back some how. Weirdly enough I think it is to do with me logging onto Pokemon bank earlier in the day and it restored it somehow. I actually read this happened for someone on another forum when it first corrupted and was looking for information on the problem.

Happy lucky days!

Years
  • Something miraculous happened last night. I went to load up ORAS to finish up on some more Pokemon for my living dex and I clicked on the Sun game by accident and it actually loaded up and my file was back some how. Weirdly enough I think it is to do with me logging onto Pokemon bank earlier in the day and it restored it somehow. I actually read this happened for someone on another forum when it first corrupted and was looking for information on the problem.

Happy lucky days!
    Wow, that's that Snake Plissken luck right there. Glad you got it back.

Years
  • That's why I prefer the good old cartridge games. I can bring them anywhere to use on any 3ds and they have less glitches than the digital version.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • The only things I've bought are Pokemon Yellow and the yearly subscription to my PokeBank.

I can't trust online things enough-- Hard copies are always the safest for me. I am old school :P

Back