• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Corvidae's Art

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Yay more art. hahaha

Ordered by date...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

...and I think that's all the stuff that's new. Comment as usual.

Yesterday, I wrote a somehow controversial comic that made the counselors at my school think I went off the deep end. I don't get it, but here it is. (Spoiling it just to be safe)

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Not bad, but keep practicing. I think you start to get a bit concerned about technique instead of execution. Try something with FLAT or CELL shading. That is, with direct shadow. I see in your work that you pay a lot of attention to detail but not the big picture. Try blocking in light and shadow with larger shapes first and then working out the details after.

That being said, you have great sense of form in your line drawings. Good sense of structure, too. But sometimes when you colour it in, you tend to lose that great form in the underdrawing. Remember even with hair.. that it falls into locks.. don't just colour it as individual strands.. but think of it as in "How would I sculpt this with a paintbrush or tablet?"

I hope this helps. Just keep practicing!! VM or PM me if you want a more in-depth critique.

Back