• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cosplaying as a Pokemon Trainer?

billie_lightning

Lightning Queen
    Years
    I'm not sure if this is the correct thread or not but...

I would like to try and cosplay as a Pokemon Trainer for whatever con I go to next. I don't really wanna be a generic one. I would like to make it up as I go.
    I was wondering what you guys think is needed for a Pokemon trainer cosplay, no matter who I'm supposed to be.

My list so far:
    -pokeballs
    -pokedex
    -stuffed animal version of a pokemon

but what kind of stuff should I wear?
    any ideas? :)

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    for clothes... be creative? Most of the trainers in pokemon, or at least the main characters tend to wear some pretty creative stuff.

billie_lightning

Lightning Queen
    Years
    yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Should I wear a skirt and leggings like most of the female trainers or make stuff up?
    I want to be original but recognizable too, you know?

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I think that if you're going to be carrying all of that stuff around, "recognizable" isn't a problem. :)

^Agreed. I'm reall not sure about the clothes. Just look at what you've got and try a few outfits.
    I really want to do this some day. I'd love to just go out on the street as a trainer lol

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    If you're going to draw inspiration from existing pokemon trainers without actually copying one, try to make sure you've got some cool headgear of some sort (either a hat or a headband or something). Outerwear of some sort, like a vest or a sweater or a jacket, would also be good. :P

As mentioned above, as long as you've got pokeballs and a stuffed pokemon or two, recognizeability shouldn't be a problem. XD

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I went as the female trainer from FR/LG for my last con and was supposed to go as her again with a better quality outfit, but the guy I commissioned to make it ran into sewing machine issues :/ (To improvise, I'll be wearing a suit, sticking a big red "R" on it, and go as Giovanni)

I also had a Meowth plushie with me so there's no mistake who I was.

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    You need like a backpack or bag of some sort, and like Timbjerr said, some kind of hat or head gear! The trainers in the game always have some sort of hat or headgear. xD

If I ever go to a con, I'd definitely cosplay as a Team Rocket grunt. :D It sounds so fun, but I'm not lucky enough to have friends who... understand. xD

Back