• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokeemerald] Costume Menu by Slawter666 in the RHH Pokémon Expansion

Days
    • Seen Dec 31, 2023
    Hello everyone, how are you? First of all, I apologize for my English, I used google translator. If something is not easy to understand, you can comment below.

I recently ported the Costume Menu originally created by Slawter666 (original post) to the RHH Pokemon Expansion. When he developed this in 2018, the decomp was still not 100% which made things a bit difficult for him.

The code can be viewed and pull on my GitHub branch: (link)

As soon as I make the video, I'll add it here. For now, watch the creator's old video.

Costume Menu by Slawter666 in the RHH Pokémon Expansion

I managed to resolve 99% of the conflicts and after understanding the logic a little, I made the menu work with the Expansion. The menu is unfinished, missing some things that I don't know how to add, my level of programming in C language is very basic and a lot of the logic used in the decomp and creation of the menu I have no idea.

For this to work, I added the overworld expansion (ghoulslash) and the dynamic palettes (latest: ExpoSeed) to the code, but I also have some errors in this.

After 5 years of its creation, a madman from the other side of the world, with no experience in programming, decided to tinker with this creation, ME.
    I'm reviving this project for the community as a way to complete it. The ideas from a Costume Menu are many, here are some suggestions for use:
    Spoiler:

I managed to finalize some things that the original creator hadn't done yet. Below is a list of the changes I chose to make:
    Spoiler:

This Costume Menu is far from finished and has enormous potential, so I'll gladly accept any help. I know that together we will be able to finalize it and make them available to everyone in the community and future members who will use them to create incredible pokemon hacks. I'll leave a video showing the current operation and the bug that I couldn't solve.

Here is the list of what still needs to be done in the base to make the minimum complete possible:
    Spoiler:

This menu has the functionality to receive asymmetrical sprites.
    Example Lyra: She only has a bow on her hat on the left side, so there is an image for the left side with the bow and an image for the right side without the bow. This applies to all movements. Tutorial in the comment below, on how to add asymmetric sprites in the game.

Here is the list of all base sprites that are still missing to complete the Costume Menu minimum and a definition of them:
    Spoiler:

This is my first contribution to the community and I want to make it as complete as possible and with as little conflict as possible when merging. If you want to contribute to the project, your help is welcome. I want to make it clear that all credits for the original Menu go to Slawter666 (who knows, maybe one day he'll come back and find his creation finished, that would be awesome). Any sprite sent to contribute to the project will be given due credit to the creator of the art and anyone can use them.

I'll leave below a basic tutorial of what is needed to add new characters if you want to add new players to your projects and a basic sprite editing tutorial in Gale. Let's complete this together.

CHANGELOG
    Spoiler:

CREDITS
    Spoiler:

Tutorial add new character with Costume Menu ( Mega Spoiler)
    Spoiler:

PS: it's my first oficial post. I don't know how to use the blog tools yet. I promise to edit this post and add more color and functions.

Last edited:
    Back