• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Could He Really... (A contestshippy)

Kitteh

Rockin' Mudkip
    Years
    Meh. One of my fics from Serebii. Here's the prologue, I'll get the rest of it up whenever. Rated PG13 for some language.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Prologue: The First Contest (3 months ago)

May Maple strode through the contest hall, saying hi to the coordinators she knew, and introducing herself to the ones she didn't know. She knew she had to go up for her appeal next, so the brown haired, blue eyed girl stepped onto the stage, straightening her red and black zip-up shirt over her black biker shorts.

May didn't know what she was going to do for her appeal, so she made it up in her head as she went along. Yet she did know what Pokemon she was using.

"Go, Mudkip!!" May cried, sending out the small, blue skinned, orange eyed mud fish Pokemon, who cried, "Mud, Mudkip!"

"Mudkip, earthquake, and then use surf!" May cried. Mudkip obliged, and the earthquake broke the surf up into tiny droplets, sending them all over the room.

"Finish up with our new combo! Surf and then blast it with a hyper beam!!" May yelled, twirling with excitement. Their new combo was one they had recently learned, when they had finally found out they wanted to do contests and not become the Pokemon Master.

Mudkip grinned to itself as he prepared the attack, sending up the wave of water and then blasting it to bits with a well-aimed beam of flashing red and yellow dots.

"Oh!" The judges cried in unison as water blasted all over the room once more.

The first judge sighed, "I have to be honest- that was quite a show, but using surf twice in a row, that lowers your score to an 8.5." The second judge wasn't as harsh, giving the Pokemon-Coordinator duo a 9.7, and the final judge gave them a 10 for such originality, giving May a total score of 28.2, which in her eyes- but then again, May is a blockhead-was a horrible score.

"Next up, we have Drew!" The announcer called.

***​

Drew couldn't help but turn his head to follow the brown-haired, sapphire-eyed girl Coordinator as she walked off the stage, beaming. Drew could see past the smile and tell that the girl was disappointed, then right as she walked by, he hissed, "Meet me by the edge of the stage when I'm done."

The girl looked around for a second, then whispered, "Me?"

"Yeah, you!" Drew said, walking up on stage.

"Go, Roselia!" He called, releasing the rose-petal Pokemon. "Start things off with petal dance, followed by razor leaf!"

The rose Pokemon sent out the colorful pink petals in a funnel shape, sending the green leaves in after them, making a colorful green and pink tornado.

"And, give 'em an appeal they'll remember- sweet scent, aromatherapy, and blow it around with petal dance!" Drew cried, grinning. "Rose, Roselia!" His rose Pokemon agreed, blowing the sweet aromas around the room.

The judges smiled their approval, giving him a 9, 9.5, and then a 10, giving him a score of 28.5. Drew bowed and walked off the stage, meeting the girl by the corner.

"Walk with me." He said briskly. The girl walked beside him as he walked towards the Coordinator's lounge.

"So… how do you think your score was bad? You actually got a very good score." Drew said, "I'm Drew, by the way. Drew Maine."

"May. May Maple." May replied, shaking his hand, "You're Pokemon are excellent."

"As are yours." Drew responded, smiling.

***​

Bren watched Drew and May from a distance. This would make an excellent story for the paper. "Sparks Fly Between Legendary Coordinators" She thought, grinning, the story already forming in her head.

***​

"So, when he went up to appeal, he literally shoved me off the stage! I know, not very nice of him, but my God…" May laughed. She and Drew had surpassed talking about their performances and talking about their personal lives and things about past contests, old crushes.

"That wasn't very nice." Drew said. Deep down, he felt like he knew May from somewhere, they had been talking for nearly an hour before everyone finished appealing.

"And our finalists are- May, Drew, Harley, and Ana!" The announcer cried, "First battle is between May and Ana!"

May stepped onto the stage, Ana, a blonde haired, brown eyed girl in a school-girl's uniform, across from her.

"Go, Mudkip!" May cried, and Ana retaliated with, "Go, Abra!"

"Mudkip, earthquake!" May ordered, confident in her abilities. Ana's face fell as the attack was launched and her Abra was blasted off the ground. Ana had heard about May and her level seventy-eight Mudkip, and had tried to raise her Abra to that level, but had only gotten him to level forty-seven before the contest.

Ana caught her Abra, who had swirls in his eyes. "Good match!" Ana cried, eager to shake her heroine's hand. Her wish was granted, and she ran off stage squealing.

"The next match will be between Harley and Drew!" Came the announcer's voice.

A man in a Cacturne costume took the stage across from Drew. Impatient, Drew ran a hand through his floppy green hair, eyes filled with confusion on why anyone would wear a Cacturne costume.

"Go, Cacturne!" Harley cried, and Drew sent out his Roselia.

"Roselia, petal dance!" Drew called, impatient. Roselia sent out the colorful petals and slammed them into Cacturne, who flew back into his trainer from the force of the attack. While Cacturne got back up, Harley did not.

Drew's eyes went wide- he couldn't believe he had hurt another human being, even if it wasn't his fault. Drew ran over to join the medical crew, asking, "Is he all right? I swear, I didn't mean to do that! I swear!"

Drew was panicking- he had never been in this type of situation before, where he had actually injured someone.

"He'll be fine. He just has to go to the hospital to get checked over." A judge, Nurse Joy, said kindly. Drew was shaking like a leaf, eyes wide in horror.

"We will postpone the match between Drew and May until tomorrow due to an accident." Said the announcer.

Suddenly May was beside him. "Drew… I know you didn't mean to do that. I believe you." She said softly.

Harley was starting to be loaded onto a stretcher when he returned to consciousness, and yelled at Drew, "I'll get you!! I'll get you for that! Cacturne, grab the girl and make a break for it!"

"Cac, Cacturne!" The cactus-like Pokemon cried, grabbing May. It carried the struggling girl out of the contest hall, running for the trees to get out of the sun.

"**** it, put me down!!" May screamed, trying to reach her belt. She touched the top of one of her Pokeballs with a fingertip, but that was as close as she got. As far as she could tell, no one was chasing the Cacturne, and she was right.

A man in a Cacturne costume burst into the clearing ahead of them. It was Harley.

"Use poison sting on her, then use your needle arm to pin her to the tree." He ordered.

May cried, "You can't do this! You can't do something like this to another human being. You're a monster!"

"A monster, eh? Hit her with all the attacks- save for the defense ones and stuff- you know! NOW!!!" Harley said, giggling.

As attack after attack hit her, May's mind teetered on the brink of unconsciousness. She felt something heavy hit her head, saw her life flash before her eyes, and saw Drew running into the clearing. Then she saw nothing but the black void that possibly signified death.
    ~~~~~~~

What do you think? Too long? Too short? Mistakes? Please REad and review!!

WEllz, peace and crackers,

~Kitteh~

patrickstar123

#1 franticshipper
    Years
    As much as I loathe contestshipping, this is a really good fanfic.
    You pwn me at writing adventure fanfic lol....
    I suggest you continue this fanfic, but add the least amount of OC possible, because OC tends to confuse the reader and kinda ruins the
    atompshere of the story...
    If you think im just being kinda random... ignore me XD

Patar

Kitteh

Rockin' Mudkip
    Years
    patrickstar123 said:
    As much as I loathe contestshipping, this is a really good fanfic.
    You pwn me at writing adventure fanfic lol....
    I suggest you continue this fanfic, but add the least amount of OC possible, because OC tends to confuse the reader and kinda ruins the
    atompshere of the story...
    If you think im just being kinda random... ignore me XD

Patar

I've got the rest of the fic up on Serebii, so I'm just copying and pasting from there.. XD

Chikiki

// ♥ t e a r s ++
    Years
    Okay...Seeing as I'm a Contestshipper...And seeing as I probably read this fic for who-knows-how-many-times...

I like your fic! ^^ Nice description...Nice...Nice...

Whatever. I like your fic! ^^ Speaking of that...I better get my Contestshipping fic up here in Pokecommunity...Anyhow...That's off-topic. Ignore me.

Anyway, yeah...this must be the third time I'm saying I like your fic...well, I like your fic! (Fourth time) XD

Kitteh

Rockin' Mudkip
    Years
    XxRosesxX said:
    Okay...Seeing as I'm a Contestshipper...And seeing as I probably read this fic for who-knows-how-many-times...

I like your fic! ^^ Nice description...Nice...Nice...

Whatever. I like your fic! ^^ Speaking of that...I better get my Contestshipping fic up here in Pokecommunity...Anyhow...That's off-topic. Ignore me.

Anyway, yeah...this must be the third time I'm saying I like your fic...well, I like your fic! (Fourth time) XD

Are you on Serebii or something? (Your hyperness seems familiar...) Anyhoo, next chapter is up!
    ----------
    Chapter One: The Hospital (3 months later)

It seemed to May like she was floating on a cloud, in a misty gray abyss. Sometimes she saw a lone figure with green hair and green eyes in front of her, but if she tried to get close, he faded away. May wondered who the boy was, and also why he looked so familiar, like she knew him from somewhere.

***​

Drew sat on the edge of May's hospital bed, gripping her hands. It had been nearly three months since Harley had nearly killed her, and May still hadn't woken. Drew was starting to lose hope that he'd ever get to see May's eyes, her pretty blue eyes, bright with life, or ever see her smile at him again. "**** Harley, **** Harley for what he did to May." Drew thought, standing and punching a nearby wall.

He heard a fluttering breath behind him, then a small, tentative voice, "May?" Drew whirled around, his mess of green hair getting in his eyes.

May's eyelids were flickering. But that was all. May's little brother Max and May's old friends Ash and Brock were standing there, Max beside his sister, crying, "I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner… Please be okay, May!" Ash and Brock were standing in the doorway. They nodded tersely at Drew.

"Hi." He said back, before plopping onto the floor, where he once again told himself, "This is all my fault. If I hadn't accidentally hurt Harley, maybe May wouldn't be in this place where all the doctors are quacks."

Max glanced at him, anger and hatred burning in his eyes. "This is your fault?! Your fault that my sister nearly died?" He roared pretty loud for someone so small.

Drew growled and said, "If I could go back, if I could go back and fix what happened, believe me, little man, I would. I want to murder Harley for what he did to May. You know how scary that was for me, chasing Harley into that clearing and seeing his Cacturne make mincemeat of May? Huh? And where were you? Running over half the globe trying to become the Pokemon Master. Not even bothering to call your sister and tell her what was up, or to find out if she was okay. Think about that before you accuse someone like that."

Shocked looks had crept across Ash and Brock's faces as Drew stormed out of the room, cursing under his breath.

Max ducked past Ash and Brock, running after Drew. "Wait, Drew, I'm sorry!" He yelled, coming to a halt. Drew stood still against a wall, shoulders shaking as he slid to the ground, tears running down his face.

"**** Harley. **** him." He choked out past his sobs, burying his head in his hands.

"Drew…" Max said, touching the boy's shoulder, "I'm sorry…" Suddenly, Ash came running down the hall.

"May… May woke up." He told them, gasping for breath. Max went back with Ash, while Drew sat still, trying to calm down.

"May woke up…" Ash's words echoed in Drew's head. Ash came back.

"Dude, come on. May's asking for you." He told the Coordinator.

"Huh?" Drew said, looking up. Ash winced. Drew's cheeks were tear-streaked, and his eyes were red and puffy.

"May has been asking for you." Ash replied slowly, sympathy etched on his face, "Come on!!" Drew stood slowly, regaining his composure, and then muttered, "Tell her I'll be there in a minute."

Drew walked down the hall to the nearest restroom, and splashed his face with cold water from the sink. He leaned against the counter, examining his face in the mirror. He seemed to have aged at least three years. His eyes had sunken in their sockets, he had a slight stubble, his hair was a mess, and his face had grown pale from hardly ever leaving May's hospital room.

He sighed audibly, then trudged down the hall to May's hospital room. "Hey." He murmured as he walked in, eyes directed to the ground.

"Hi." Came May's soft voice.

"Welcome back to the real world, May." Drew said, attempting a joke. He glanced up, smiling as his eyes met May's.

"You know… while I was in the coma, I was floating… in a gray abyss, and sometimes, I saw someone who looked like you… Every time I tried to get close, to see who it was, they faded away…" May murmured, a small smile creeping onto her face.

Drew thought, "Why would she think she saw me there??" He gripped May's hand, smiling down at her.

"Well… uh, I think we'll leave now. Come on, Max." Ash said, coughing slightly. Drew dropped May's hand and looked away, blushing.

May watched her friends leave, then looked at Drew.

"Look… Drew, ever since you saved me, twice now, I might add, there's something I've wanted to tell you." May started, but just then a nurse burst in.

"The hospital's on fire!" She yelled, running back out. May's eyes widened. She tried to stand, but she fell over. She remembered the heat entering the room, making her flannel hospital pajamas stick to her skin, she remembered the feeling of being on fire, then she remembered nothing more.

Chikiki

// ♥ t e a r s ++
    Years
    Are you on Serebii or something? (Your hyperness seems familiar...)
    -gulps- Serebii? SEREBII? NO! I'm NOT! Or...Am I? -ish nervous- I just ate Hyper Pills, that's all! ^^ -eats more hyper pills- See? I'm Hyper! ^^
    Anyhow, I like the chapter for this story...So...Nice Work! ^^

Kitteh

Rockin' Mudkip
    Years
    XxRosesxX said:
    -gulps- Serebii? SEREBII? NO! I'm NOT! Or...Am I? -ish nervous- I just ate Hyper Pills, that's all! ^^ -eats more hyper pills- See? I'm Hyper! ^^
    Anyhow, I like the chapter for this story...So...Nice Work! ^^

I meant the site. LOL. Hi, May_Beautifly. XD

And, the next chapter!
    ------
    Chapter Two: The Aftermath of the Fire

May regained conciousness outside the burning hospital, her head in Drew's lap. He was absentmindedly stroking her hair, staring off into space. May coughed, "Drew?" He looked down at her and smiled, then said, "Yep. The one and only."

"What happened? Where's Max? And Ash and Brock?" May asked, panicked.

"They left- I think." Drew answered, and then a doctor ran out, a small form slung across his shoulder. Max. Two men followed, covered in soot and coughing from the thick smoke.

"May!" They called, taking Max from the doctor. May jumped to her feet and ran over to them, and took Max.

"Max!" She cried, cradling her little brother in her arms, "Max, if you can hear me, move your hand."

Max's hand twitched, then his eyes opened slowly, and he whispered, "May?"

May nodded, a tear escaping her eye and landing on Max's forehead.

"Thank God you're okay." May said, hugging her brother.

"Hey, sis, you're kinda squishing me." Max replied, coughing. May let him go and set him on the ground, where he promptly sat down.

"God, I thought I was gonna die in there." Max murmured, and then grimaced and held his hand close to his side.

"Max? Are you all right?" May asked her brother, taking his hand and looking at it. A whole layer of skin had been burnt away, and the skin was taut and red.

"Oh, Max, you were burnt!" May cried, letting go of her brother's hand. She turned to Drew and said, "Go find a doctor."

Drew nodded, and then ran off, feet pounding on the ground like a Ryhorn stampede. He skidded to a halt in front of a man in a white lab-coat, and gasped out, "Are… you a doctor?" The guy nodded, and Drew led him back to Max. Max held up his hand, and the doctor examined it.

"All patients are being sent to the hospital in Verdanturf in about two hours. You go with them." The doctor said, then left, his blue-purple shoulder-length hair bouncing on his shoulders.

"Why does he look so familiar?" Ash mused, as a midget guy knocked him over, and a red-haired lady chased him over to the blue-purple haired guy.

"James, James, we's knows where the twoips are!" The midget cried, tugging on the guy's lab-coat.

"Meowth, you're blowing our cover!" The lady yelped, hitting "Meowth" over the head. Meowth glared, then revised what he said, "Doctor, Doctor, we's knows where the twoips are! Dere dey are, dere dey are!!"

"Team Rocket!" Brock cried out, jumping to his feet. The annoying three-some shed their lab-coats, then started in on their infamous motto.

"Prepare for trouble!" Jessie cried.

"And make it double!" James echoed.

"To protect the world from devastation."

"To unite all people within our nation."
    "To denounce the evil of truth and love."

"To extend our reach to the stars above."

"Jessie."

"James."

"Team Rocket blasts off at the speed of light."

"Surrender now or prepare to fight."

"Meowth that's right!" Meowth called.

Ash growled. "What do you want?!" He said, and Jessie replied, "Well… hmm… we're helping Harley, and he wants the girl, so there's your answer."
    "Wha- hey!" May yelped as Jessie and James grabbed her. She reached for a Pokeball, then remembered her belt was still in the hospital.

"Go, Koffing!" James cried, letting out the solid-smoke-ball looking Pokemon, "Smokescreen!" When the smoke cleared, Team Rocket was gone- and so was May.

***​

Drew had grabbed James' arm just before they escaped. So they ended up taking the green-haired Coordinator with them. He and May were tied back-to-back in the hot-air balloon. Drew felt for a Pokeball, and took one, praying it was Roselia. He sent it out, and it cried, "Rose, Roselia!" Good luck, he guessed.

"Roselia, magical leaf on the ropes." He murmured, feeling May's head lolling on his shoulder. They both had been knocked unconscious, and May hadn't returned to the living world yet. Roselia sent out the shimmering leaves, snapping the ropes, slightly scratching May's back. Nothing major- it wasn't bleeding, anyways.

Meowth laughed. "Hey!" He yelped, seeing Drew standing behind him. "Roselia, magical leaf!!" Drew ordered, and his rose Pokemon obliged, sending the sparkly leaves at Meowth and sending some into the balloon of the hot-air balloon. It exploded, sending Team Rocket in one direction, and May and Drew in another. In the distance he heard, "Looks like Team Rocket's blasting off again!!" Drew landed first, and May landed on top of him, draped over his chest.

"May. May, get off. May, for crying out loud, wake up!!" Drew yelled, shoving May away. He was astonished at how light she was. She rolled off him, flopping like- a dead person. No, she couldn't be dead. Drew felt for a pulse, and when he found none, the seriousness of the situation sunk in. No. He couldn't lose her, not like this.

"Flygon, go!" Drew cried, green eyes wide, releasing his big green dragon. He checked his PokeNav, and when he realized they were close to Lilycove, told Flygon to fly them there. He climbed on Flygon's back, and held May on. Flygon flew them to the bustling town of Lilycove, startling several people there in front of the Pokemon Center.

Drew returned his Pokemon and darted into the Center, May slung over his shoulder. She was so light… "Nurse Joy! Nurse Joy! You have to help her- she's not breathing!" He cried as he skidded to a stop in front of the counter. Nurse Joy's pink eyes grew wide, then she led the boy to the back, opening a door and telling him to put May down on the bed and then go to the next room to his left.

"But-" Drew protested, but Nurse Joy cut him off. "No, you're in shock, you have to be examined." Drew started to protest again, but Nurse Joy shoved him into the next room, and sighed. It was going to be a long night. She tended to the girl first, hooking her up to a respirator, and stringing an IV line. She stared at the girl sadly for a couple minutes, until her chest started rising and falling as she breathed, then Nurse Joy walked over to the boy's room. He was sitting down, staring at the floor, an occasional clear blue tear falling to the ground.

"She'll be all right, she's breathing again." Nurse Joy told him, and he raised his head. His cheeks were red and puffy, so Nurse Joy repeated, "She'll be fine. You can see her when I get that burn tended to."

Drew hadn't noticed the burn covering his cheek and half his forehead. A bit of his hair had been burnt off too. His right cheek was still smoking a bit, and it hurt like hell. Nurse Joy rubbed a light green salve over Drew's cheek and forehead, then said, "All good!" Drew stood and swiftly left the room, and immediately walked into May's. He picked up his PokeNav and called Ash, telling him where he and May were.

Once he had hung up, he sat by May and gripped her hand. "Oh… May… you can't die. You can't! I… can't stand to lose you…" Drew was crying now, tears rushing down his face like a waterfall.

May's eyes flickered, and they opened. "Drew?" She coughed, a smile tugging at her lips.

"I'm here, May. I'm here." Drew murmured, then squeezed her hand. The long night had turned to day.
    --------
    The last line is creepy... LOL. Let me know what yalls think!

~Kitteh~

Chikiki

// ♥ t e a r s ++
    Years
    ...Who's May_Beautifly? Who? Where? Is she a girl? Or a boy? Where is she? I don't even know who she is! Wait, how do i know that she is a girl? -bonks head-

Kitteh, You got me T_T -tears- MY WHOLE PLAN IS RUIN! XD

Anyhow, great chapter and blah blah blah...I said it all on Serebii...^^;;

Kitteh

Rockin' Mudkip
    Years
    Chap. 3

Chapter Three: The Red Rose (2 Days later)

May was sitting on the edge of a fountain, trailing her hand through the water, thinking back on how many times Drew had saved her now. What was it, three, four times now? May was definetly on his IOU list, that was for sure.

"Hey..." Said a timid voice somewhere to May's left, and she turned to find herself face-to-face with Drew. "I figured since there's a contest tomorrow, I should wish you luck, you're going to need it." He told her, a smirk on his face.

"Do you have to be so negative all the time?! The least you could do is wish me good luck in a nice way!" May shouted, standing. Then, a rose was shoved in her face. It was perfect, a deep crimson, with a slightly curving stem. Then, when May had taken the rose, Drew leaned towards her and brushed his lips across hers, then whispered, "Seriously, though, good luck, May." Then he ran off.

May felt the thorns of the rose digging into her palm, and she slowly unclenched her hand. But the rose stuck, little drops of blood seeping along the stem, a bright scarlet color. May detached the thorns from her hand, dropping the bloody rose to the ground.

"Good luck to you too..." May murmured, staring the direction Drew had run off to. The night was silent around her, as if digesting what had just happened. A Hoothoot hooted somewhere behind her, and she snapped back to reality. "DREW!" She yelled, running after him, "Wait up!!"

May found Drew pretty fast. She ran into him, to be exact. She helped him up, blushing like mad. "Drew..." She started. "No... I'm sorry. It's just..." Drew replied, but May finished his sentence for him, "I love you." Then, she left Drew standing there, mouth hanging open, a shocked expression on his face.
    ~~~~~~~~
    (A Week Later)

The wind ran it's chilly fingers through May's hair, and she sighed in contentment. Drew lay on the grass beside her, they were both trying to find shapes in the clouds, laying side-by-side, a mere hands-width apart. Drew closed that gap, rolling over onto his side.

"So..." He said, "Find anything?" May nodded, responding, "I found a Mudkip, two Aipom's holding hands- in this case tails-, and-" The last part made May blush- "And two people- a boy and a girl- looking kinda like us..." May gulped, "kissing."

Then May laughed. "Like that would ever-" She started, but Drew's lips on her own stopped her. The wind whistled around them, the two contest rivals, and suddenly, May knew her life was perfect. The cold casing around her heart melted, and a twinkle appeared in her eye. Finally. Finally she could forget about what happened so many months ago in April, could forget Wally and Brendan's deaths, and get on with her life.
    ---------
    This one ish creepy. I had nightmares about bloody roses for a week after I wrote this.. But the blood on the rose signifies something that happens in the 3rd to last chapter. (About 30-35 chapters total)

Everyone's crazy pal,

~Kitteh~

ProtrainerEon

Ultimate Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2021
    I like how you mentioned the deaths at the end. That's shocking and gives it a lil' zing! Real nice fic.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    *Wonders why she never read this fic over here or on Serebii* I <3 it. Your descriptions during the appeals were good as well^^ However chapter three was a bit short but good nonetheless =D

Your fic is great!

Kitteh

Rockin' Mudkip
    Years
    Chapter Four: Travel to Zhini Region

She stood on the path by the lake, laughing as she tried to catch up to the green haired boy she was chasing. Her blue eyes sparkled as the sun dipped below the horizon, lengthening shadows and making room for the twinkling stars. She glanced up, and not seeing the boy anywhere, she stopped. Rain was falling now, silently hitting the ground near the girl's feet. Her brown hair draped limply over her shoulders, the rain taking the lively bounce from it. Suddenly someone scooped her up, swinging her around in circles, their laughing reverberating through the air.

May woke up with Drew's arm slung around her shoulders, leaning against a wall at the back of a deep, dark cave. The fire was a pile of smoldering ashes, it's light no longer licking towards the sky, no longer making the area glow. May shuddered and snuggled closer to Drew's side.

Suddenly Drew woke up. He yawned, then smiled sleepily at May. "Good morning." He murmured, squeezing her shoulders. May yawned in response, "Your yawning is contagious. Stop it." Drew laughed softly, closing his eyes again.

May poked him in the side. "Come on, we have to go! The ferry for Zhini leaves soon!" She yelped, looking at her purple and pink sports watch. Drew jolted to his feet, pulling May up by the arm. He stomped the fire to make sure it was really out, grabbed his and May's bags, then tugged May out of the cave.

The twosome ran all the way to Slateport to catch the ferry to Zhini, the trees and scenery flashing by in a blur. May felt in her pocket for the tickets, then turned to her boyfriend. "Do you have the tickets?" She asked, and when he shook his head, May screamed in frustration. "Why, why me? A trip to an all-contest region and we lose the friggin' tickets." She swore, pounding a hand on the wall of the boat house. "May, chill, it's okay, we can get more." Drew said, trying to comfort the brown-haired Coordinator. He awkwardly patted her shoulder.

May sighed, and said, "I swear, I had the tickets. Now they aren't there- hey!" She had looked up and saw the tickets floating by, surrounded by a blue-purple aura. She reached up and snatched at the tickets, but they were just out of her reach. She jumped, getting one end of the two tickets, then tugged, falling flat on her butt.

She handed the ticket man their tickets. "Whew. Come on, let's go." May groaned, standing up. She staggered for a second, then straightened up. "Drew, you Slowpoke!! Come on, new region, new contests, new Pokemon!" May exclaimed, grabbing Drew's sleeve. She dragged the Coordinator onto the boat, and right into the captain.

"Hey! Watch where you kids are going!" He snapped, his big belly jostled by the sudden jolt of the boat. He peered down at the two Coordinators through thick, white, bushy eyebrows, his light gray moustache touching his shoulder, his light gray beard going down to his waist in one long, thick braid. His white hair fell to his midback, likewise braided.

"Sorry, mister. How long until the ferry leaves?" May said apologetically. "Oh. You just barely made it. But from the looks of the lower deck, we'll be delayed. There are ghost Pokemon down there, terrorizing the passengers and such. You two look like trainers. Can you help me out?" The captain replied, "By the way, I'm Captain John."

"I'm May, and this is my boyfriend Drew. We're actually Coordinators." May responded, "And we'd be glad to help! Right, Drew?" Drew had been caught. He had been sneaking away slowly, as to not attract attention, and had been caught. Sh*t. Life was so unfair.

"Uh, sure, May!" He said, laughing slightly, rubbing the back of his head. May grinned, then dragged Drew to the lower deck, passing many passengers laying on the deck in the sun, and Pokemon playing in the pool.

On the lower deck, there were four or five halls, ten doors down each hall. It had an old, musty smell, the smell of dust weighing down on the two Coordinators heavily. "Someone's a poor house-keeper..." Drew muttered, shaking his head to free his hair of the dust. May screamed slightly as a spider dropped from the high ceiling. Then she calmed. Just a baby Spinarak.

May clung to Drew's arm as they searched out the ghost Pokemon haunting the boat. Suddenly, May rose into the air, surrounded by a familiar purple-blue aura. She was carried up to the ceiling, where a hand reached out and grabbed her. She tried to call Drew's name, but a rough, clammy hand clamped over her mouth. She heard a voice hiss in her ear, "Hey, babe, remember me?" She could smell the liquor on Ash's breath.

May bit his hand, hard. "Let me go, you disgusting pervert!!!" She screamed, "Drew!!!" A pair of rough, scratchy lips on hers stopped her. A wetness on her lips made her panic.

My God, he's trying to make out with me!!! Ewwww!!! May thought, pounding her fists on Ash's chest. She kicked him in his unmentionables, then started falling to the ground. She landed in the arms of her knight-in-shining-armour, right before she hit the ground. May's head still made contact, and just before she blacked out, she murmured, "Drew..."
    ~~~~~
    May regained consciousness in Drew's arms, on the deck of the boat. The boat was swaying gently, like a piece of grass fluttering in the wind. They were finally at sea, on their way to the mysterious Zhini region, home to Coordinating legend Micheala, and the legendary Pokemon Phietu. The wind whistled through the air, chilling May to the bone. She shivered, and Drew pulled her closer.

Drew started to say something, but the voice over the intercom cut him off.

"We are ten minutes from the Zhini region- please collect your luggage and come to the top deck." The voice echoed back, bouncing off the scary-looking glaciers out in the dark, ghostly ocean. May leaned against Drew, the sound of the waves making her drift off to sleep.
    ~~~~~~~~
    When Drew woke up, the rest of the passengers were running around in a panic about how the boat had hit a glacier and was sinking. Drew shook May, saying, "May, May, you need to wake up..." He gave up and slung May across his shoulders. When they got to the lifeboat area, there was only one lifeboat left, and the boat was entirely deserted. Drew lowered the lifeboat over the edge and dropped into it, lowering May to the floor of the boat.

Suddenly, a huge, two-headed monster rose up behind Drew, glaring down at him with four eyes.

"Phie!!!" The Pokemon cried, and lunged it's head towards Drew....
    EAT DREW AND MAY: When May wakes up, she's in a pink-lined space, also known as Phietu's stomach. Drew is beside her, not moving, except when his chest rises and falls with his breath. Shallow breaths, that is.
    DON'T EAT DREW AND MAY: The Phietu rears it's head back, and then disappears back into the ocean... will it return later or not???
    -------------------
    So! You pick the path. Which way will it go? YOU decide. PM me with your votes. Thankies!

<33,

~!*Kitteh*!~

Back